"problematic stories"

This! Using such a serious topic such as rape to introduce a Li as a hero is so freakin lazy n problematic.

9 Likes

yeah, as I said to Dayax,

oh my gosh, you have nooooo idea how many stories I’ve read that make a chapter to where the mc gets raped or someone tries to rape them.
Not cool. :grimacing: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :frowning_face:

Its just horrible and something you wouldn’t want to intruduce to a young teen

3 Likes

Imagine having a door of imagination left open for you freely think about that was to happen to you all because of a fricken story chapter!

2 Likes

yea i agree!!

1 Like

Hey! Just out of interest r u referring to a member of the community here, or a character in a story? :heartbeat:

1 Like

Certain ones share things like this that are portrayed in a very negative way.
If you question whether or now a chapter like this is acceptable , don’t include it, or give the option to skip the chapter. Even then, most people still would choose not to skip the chapter, so its best no to include it at all.

3 Likes

If you saw something bad happen irl would u just leave it to happen?

1 Like

WHAT IS NOT TO UNDERSTAND?
Stories that include things like s*xual harassment and rape should not be allowed or viewed by a young teen or child! Other things like drug and alcohol, should not be looked upon as a way to relive yourself of pain or sorrow for teens or children.
The way that things like this are portrayed, gives young children/ teens the option to think about negative things and the thought of actually doing something like this to theirselves or others.
WHERE AS BEFORE THE THOUGHT WOULDN’T EVEN COME TO MIND!
Heck, that’s really bad. I wouldn’t want some one to view something as terrible as that, even in a fictional story. Either way it can be influential to anyone in a really bad way.

8 Likes

This scene bothers me so much that I have to stop reading the story. What upsets me the most is the fact that this sexual assault attempt is never addressed in the following episodes. Like, you just survived an assault but the next day you go back to live your life as if nothing had happened??? Smh

9 Likes

I’m sorry, but if a story promotes assault, we as forum users have every right to call it out

8 Likes

Exactly, because it is not ok by any means.

2 Likes

I agree, it something like that was to actually happen by less than a 1% chance to where the li comes to the rescue, you think that they would at least be suffering some kind of trama or seeing someone to help them with their extreme and horrible experience even if they were saved by and li or anyone for that matter.

2 Likes

Exactly. Being stalked left a scar on me. n being grabbed? Just bc mc doesn’t get r*ped, doesn’t mean she’s not gonna b a bit traumatised, she might have insomnia for a while or maybe she’ll have trouble going out at night. She certainly won’t just forget and start daydreaming abt the Li. This topic should only b used if it is totally vital for the plot and even then, it should b handled w care :white_heart:

5 Likes

Cant agree more, it is a very sensitive topic and if it is portrayed in the wrong way, it could be very detrimental to someones mental health and well-being.

4 Likes

It’s the same for me. It’s getting harder and harder for me to go outside because I’m being followed all the time, or men try to approach me with such nasty words and I feel so dirty. Sometimes I tell myself that I’m lucky to be alive because I don’t know what could have happened to me.

3 Likes

It’s so unrealistic, I wish these writers would stop writing this scene, because I find it very offensive. Especially when you know that a lot of women have had a hard time getting back to a normal life because of this.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I’m sure many people as seen in the replies to this post have different thoughts on this. I somewhat agree, if a reader disagrees with what the author is writing such as the plot they shouldn’t go insult or correct them but just leave it alone and stop reading. Secondly, like people have pointed out in the replies, disrespecting or inappropriate things contained in a story is, well, a different story. They should definitely report or at least give feedback to the author about the issue, if not speak out about it, and then they can leave it.

2 Likes

Alright, but if you were planning on having this topic as one of your story chapters and people told you that it is not something that they want to see, would you publish it anyway?

1 Like

No, I wouldn’t. If it does contain something like rape or any of the following that you guys have mentioned - I agree that it isn’t appropriate.

Everyone has their definition of problematic. So everyone needs to read what they like. If it’s a problem with Episode, then people should really complain. If it’s a problem with the author, then you actually have to complain to them. It’s the author’s problem, not everyone else’s.
clears throat

Are people having reading problems? It says opinions. Not ganging up on people because “Omg, they have a differing opinion.” That’s not what it said.
If people have an opinion, they share it, if they don’t they don’t share it. Unfortunately, some people can’t read the entire message and decide to make people feel bad about their opinion.

2 Likes