Problems with accessing messages etc

For the past week or so, whenever I would receive a message, like or reply… I would have the number next to my avatar stating that I have messages. However , when I click on my avatar to see which I have received, it never loads up. I get this:

I can’t even create a ticket because of this. Is anyone else experiencing this, and is there a workaround that will allow me to create a ticket for this issue? @Sydney_H would you be able to help me here please?

5 Likes

This is so weird…

4 Likes

I can’t PM people now because my blue button is messed up.

2 Likes

The same thing happened to me…and what I did was, I uninstalled the app and then downloaded it again. And I logged into my account again and it was alright after that. Try uninstalling the app and downloading again?

4 Likes

@Danielle318 … it really is!!! :woman_facepalming:t4:
@Anna_Marie … see… there has to be something going on!!! How long have you been having that problem?
@mimiepi … thank you so much for the advice. I actually deleted and reinstalled the forums app prior to making this post, because I figured that if I deleted it and then reinstalled, it would solve whatever issue was taking place. But unfortunately, nothing changed at all. I don’t know what to do with this remix at this point.

4 Likes

Ohh I’m sorry that didn’t work out Hun :sneezing_face::sneezing_face:

3 Likes

It just started happening!

The blue button has some other text on it and when I tap on it, it just shows that drop-down chart.

2 Likes

@mimiepi it’s alright. I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me though Sweetness :lollipop:!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Anna_Marie:thinking: yeah… it sounds like you are experiencing something similar to what I have going on as well. Are you able to open a ticket? I haven’t been able to do so due to the nature of the problem.

3 Likes

This just came up, after the little number 1 in blue showed up next to my avatar telling me that I had a new notification:

:woman_facepalming:t4::woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

That’s weird.

2 Likes

It really is… and i don’t know how to fix it!!!

1 Like

I suggest deleting the app (if you have it) then re-download it. That happened to me when I changed my Username, then I deleted, and re-download it, and it works fine now.

2 Likes

https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
There’s the help ticket address BTW

2 Likes

Yes thank you for the suggestion. Before I created this thread, I deleted and reinstalled the forums app. So that didn’t work even though this usually fixes issues. So, I am going to go through the link you listed and fill out a ticket. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Now when I click on my avatar, it doesn’t register that I am even clicking on it!!! :woman_facepalming:t4:

This is getting outta hand… Why do I have double avatars/search options now?

Hi there @Creole_KareBear, this doesn’t appear to be a forum issue, but rather an issue with the Discourse Hub app. Instead of contacting Episode support (who provide assistance for Episode issues, not forum ones), you should contact Discourse’s support desk: https://meta.discourse.org/

You might also have a better experience using Chrome instead of the Discourse app.

1 Like

Thank you for responding. I appreciate your feedback and suggestions. I forgot to mention that I had been using my iPhone. But, literally… I just now logged into the forums and was able to access my messages for the first time in weeks. So, I don’t know what happened, but it does appear to be fixed. However, if I run into this issue again, I will contact the DiscourseHub to report the issues to them. Thanks again.

1 Like