Problems with an overlay

Hey, there!

I’m having problems with using overlays (I have tried to learn how to use overlays, but I just haven’t properly learned it yet, so :woman_shrugging:).

So, I’m trying to code a scene that takes place in the backseat of a car and I tried to create the backseat overlay next to the background name & this is the first command I tried and it looks like this:

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - NIGHT with INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY shifts to -112 -4 in zone 1 at layer 2

Then I tried this one:

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - NIGHT with INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY scales to 1.054 1.054 in zone 1 at layer 2

And then this one:

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - NIGHT with INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY to 1.054 in zone 1 at layer 2

And none of these aren’t working.
So, what should I do differently?
I would appreciate the help so so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

BACKGROUND NAME with OVERLAY to s x y in zone # at layer #

s = scale.
x = x coordinate.
y = y coordinate.
# = zone number.
# = layer number.

Random example:

INT. GYM BASKETBALL SEA SPARKLE - NIGHT with EFFECT COLORED SPOTLIGHTS to 1.250 126 340 in zone 2 at layer 3
1 Like

You could try something like this:

BACKROUND NAME with OVERLAY NAME

@overlay OVERLAY NAME shifts to POSITION

1 Like

If you are using several overlays I recommend to you do the following:

1. Code the following line adding as many overlays as you need to put in the scene:
    @overlay NAME create AND overlay NAME opacity 1 AND overlay NAME moves to layer #

2. Preview the so far created scene and relocate the overlays using the scale and spot tools provided in the window. Proceed as you do with the characters.

3. Once your overlays are spotted and scaled, copy each coordinated from the command window below and paste them into the code line.

That’s what I do! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much, it worked! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you for giving a helping hand! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much, this helped me a lot! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

No worries!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.