Problems with Loco Amor

since the original thread got closed due to an excessive amount of off-topic and inappropriate posts, i decided to open up a new one to keep this discussion going as i believe it is important. before you proceed to reply, please read through the mentioned rules at the bottom of this post.

loco amor… where do i begin? by now, i’m sure many of us are aware of the concerning amount of problematic and inappropriate content both loco amor and loco amor: revenge include. from misrepresentation and sexualization of the spanish culture to offensive “dark” humor and even plagiarized/copied material, it’s a wonder that this story is still up and trending. but, of course, that’s not the full extent of loco amor’s improper content.

the whole series appears like a hot mess of an illogical sequence of overlapping scenes and build-ups that fail to reach a climax with little to no plot or character development. the characters have little to no personality or backstory and are solely based on ridiculously unrealistic “traits”, such as being an obnoxious food-obsessed freak and slapping machine, or even simply being spanish and not serving much purpose but to “wet” panties and be a sexual object.

click on the summaries below to open each section with provided explanations and some screenshots.

misrepresentation and sexualization of hispanics

the supposed “spanish” characters in the loco amor series are more or less presented as latinx, but still executed very poorly. there is a clear lack of research done on both the language and culture.

ricardo, the main character (alexis)'s love interest, appears ridiculously sexualized from the start:

examples of incorrect and improper usage of spanish:

Captura de pantalla 2020-05-22 a las 20.09.36

it is said that “flaca” is a term used by parents and grandparents for their children and grandchildren, not as a pet name.

“edward”, the spanish prime minister, sitting before the “spanish” flag:

eduardo would be the proper name to use since it is the spanish equivalent of edward, and the flag of spain is horizontal.

latinx ≠ spanish
spanish = hispanic

definitions:

• "latinx" is a gender-neutral term used for residents from latin america, including brazil.
  • "hispanic" is a term used for spanish-speaking residents and countries, thus spain and latin american countries excluding brazil; brazil’s official language is portuguese, not spanish, hence it is a not hispanic country.
  • "spaniard" is a term used for a resident from spain.

however, there are many various types of spanish. each version of the spanish language varies depending on the country and region, thus, for example, you should not have a character from spain use mexican spanish (such as mexican grammar, terms, slang, and phrases) since they are not mexican.

linking muslim "representation" to terrorism

the so-called “representation” of muslims is done using an inappropriate yet popular stereotype, which is the claim that muslims are terrorists; a presentation/promotion of terrorism. on top of that, this character is non-muslim and dressed up in an attempt to “represent” and “bring peace” among different cultures and religions.

a snippet of this scene:

cultural appropriation

the author is playing dress up with her and her best friend’s characters using traditional chinese clothing for “fun”:

the author is using a black hairstyle to present it as “ugly” and thus having her character laugh at it:

the "humor" and "jokes"

where do i begin? this section is a catastrophe. the author says she uses “dark” humor, when, in reality, her “jokes” are either based on ridiculous foundations, such as food, slapping, and including an obnoxious amount of unrelated scenes that feature herself and her friends, or offensive jokes that are not actually dark humor. some jokes are rather triggering.

she “knows” spanish:

the obnoxious food “jokes”:

if she was a real person, i’m sure she’d be obese by now.

the constant physical abuse:

the stupid “jokes” that make no sense:

who the hell finds this “funny”? and, yeah, in the last example, she tries blowing a condom, not a balloon.

and, finally, the inappropriate/offensive/straight up shitty “jokes”:

i was genuinely offended by some of these. rape jokes, suicide jokes, sexism, slut-shaming, what else?

not exactly a “joke”, but this character being pushed into relapse by his “friends”:

plagiarized/copied material

according to episode’s story guidelines:

what this basically means is that you cannot implement any citations without the prior permission from the original author, even if you credit/mention them. an author has every right to decline your request if they don’t want their citations to be used in anybody else’s work other than their own.

this whole stolen scene from the first scene of this youtube video, word for word:

some stolen lines without citation:

the last example is otherwise taken from her other story, shielded heart.

i’m sure there are plenty more examples of stolen content somewhere.

rules:

1. no off-topic discussions.
    this includes but is not limited to your thoughts and opinions on the author (ora), her friends, or literally anything else that has nothing to do with loco amor. please keep the discussion on topic.

2. no straight-up bashing or hate towards the story.
    the purpose of this thread is to provide constructive criticism to loco amor. you are free to state your opinions and views, however, please do so in a respectful manner. for more information on constructive criticism vs hate, visit this thread.

3. no bashing, mocking or hate aimed towards another user.
    we are all here to express our opinions and open debates about loco amor, which is our right. please do not try to silence anyone or force your opinions on them. listen to each other and remain civil.

if you cannot comply with these rules, please do not participate in this discussion. however, if you decide to participate anyway, given your posts go against the mentioned rules, you will be flagged.

you are free to contribute with additional screenshots!

contributors

thank you for contributing to this thread’s information!

@wrotebymaria
@Gushlee
@Random.Tomboy
@gnoble22

tags

thank you for keeping this discussion alive!

@Anu1
@BluMoon
@peachmilk
@hanna_epi
@mistye
@Paxxy
@Night_mare
@glossielle
@MemeWrites
@aze_nieve
@Cece.epyy
@SomeoneCallMyPastor
@DivCp
@xetic

34 Likes

I suggest you change white to non-Muslim, as white people can be Muslims as well :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Oof, I hope this thread won’t get flagged but I have a feeling it might.

5 Likes

Hey queen! Let’s talk and PLEASE stay on topic guys. :heart:

8 Likes

please stop makeing this forums, and just PM @tyler about your concern.

4 Likes

I didn’t even knew that nick was the one who said that… Its not even “Allah akbar” Its “Allahu akbar” :woman_facepalming:

btw thnx for tagging me!

9 Likes

Has her story been reported? I’m gonna guess and say yeah? Just hasn’t been looked into I suppose?

1 Like

It should be talked about though because some people don’t see an issue with it.

9 Likes

Exactly…

2 Likes

we have, but we still have a right to discuss and point out whatever we find wrong with the story since some people still want to blindly support it.

and, in case anyone still isn’t aware:

public content → public criticism

yup…

some said they’ve reported it, but we don’t think it’s been gone through yet.

8 Likes

So, honestly I didn’t know this existed, but now looking at it and reading it, I can see how offensive this is… Half of my family is Muslim, and honestly, this is disgusting. About a good 1/4 of my family is from Mexico, and trust me, no speaks like this or acts like this. This should be brought to light, people need to see how offensive it is, and is still not being taken down, which is highly unacceptable.

13 Likes

@Sydney_H You need to take a look at this …

3 Likes

I think she only moves things thats tyler

Aww. but hasn’t Tyler been contacted? It doesn’t seem like he’s really paying attention…

3 Likes

I don’t understand how this story slipped through the episode guidelines/rules. It’s really brave of you to speak up about this topic! :heart:

7 Likes

He said he is checking it but I dont think he is doing anything at all I think they are all trying to protect the story

2 Likes

Maybe its because the story is pretty popular? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes thats why they are protecting it if it was a small author the story will be deleted asap

7 Likes

then imagine how wild it’s gonna be if the story is being protected only because it’s popular regardless the amount of offence it contains :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Exactly episode knows they will get a backlash if they delete loo amor so they dont try and give the energy they give small authors and other stories

5 Likes