Problems with Looping Backgrounds

Hey! I have two problems with two different looping backgrounds.
The first is in scene with character driving a car. When the scene starts the car is not where I spot it and after few seconds it goes where it has to be.
The second is with two characters walking. When the scene starts the two charcters are walking, but behind them is dark and after few second it appears.
Here are pictures of my script if I wrote something wrong.

Can you help me and tell me why is this happening? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Try adding @cut to zone 1 after the looping background lines. Let me know if that works!

I tried. I have two scenes with driving a car. I the first the background doesn’t appear. In the second it works and in the scene with walking characters also works. I don’t know what to do with the first scene with driving a car.

I think I know why the car doesn’t appear the first seconds.

Try moving the car command & spot command before the transition line.

So,

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY with CAR SIDE PURPLE
@overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE shifts to -56 -18 in zone 1
@overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE scales to 0.813 0.813
@/TINI spot 1.094 165 -8 AND TINI faces right AND TINI starts idle_book_open_neutral_loop
@transition fade in black in 3

It didn’t work. I don’t know what to do and how to fix it. The background is dark in the whole scene and the overlay and the character doesn’t spot immediately when the scene starts.

Try & instead of @:

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY with CAR SIDE PURPLE
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE shifts to -56 -18
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE scales to .813 .813
&TINI spot 1.094 165 -8 AND TINI faces right AND TINI starts idle_book_open_neutral_loop
@transition fade in black in 3

Nothing is working and i don’t know what to do. This is how the script looks now and when the scene starts it take 2 or 3 second the character and the car to spot where I put them and in the end appears the background. I tried everything and nothing worked.

In the red bubble is the problem script.

Try:

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY with CAR ANGLE SILVER to 0921 -338 4 in zone 1

instead of creating overlay in the scene

The car and and the charcter are fine now,but the background doesn’t appears now in the two scenes.

the looping one?

Yes, the looping background doesn’t want to work.

did you check on your phone? can you show your script?

Here is my script.

And on the phone it works perfectly.
And I have one more problem with another looping background.

I noticed this on the new web preview. It’s like some backgrounds are not showing up when you play one scene. Try to play from the scene before this one and see if that works :slight_smile: but since this is the looping background just delete @cut to zone 1

Thank all of you! Now it works perfectly, but now I have another problem with two characters walking. When the scene starts the background appears but the characters - after 2 or 3 seconds. How can I fix this? Here’s my script.

You don’t have to use @cut to zone 1 if your scene is in zone 1, just when it’s in different zones :slight_smile:

For your character placements use & instead of @ before the transition

So for example:
INT. BACKGROUND - DAY
&CHARACTER stands screen left
&CHARACTER1 stands screen right
@transition fade in 5

That worked. Thank you. You helped me a lot. Now everything is good. :blush::blush::blush: Have you an instagram account? I would to follow you and if I have another problem to contact you. :blush:

1 Like

it’s @a.p.episode :slight_smile: you can text me anytime!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.