Problems with Overlays

Recently I tried to use my overlays to write a new episode and they don’t seem to be working well. I previously used the same overlay to get the right spot where it should be placed but yesterday I tried to use it again and the overlay gets too big and doesn’t change size. This had already happened to me a few day ago with another overlay. Any ideia of how I can get this solved?

Can you post that part of your script?

INT. BLACK - DAY

@overlay PIECE1 create

@overlay PIECE1 opacity 1

@overlay PIECE1 shifts to 0 379 in zone 1

@overlay PIECE1 scales to 1.000 1.000

@overlay PIECE1 moves to layer 1

@pause for a beat

NARRADOR
You are building a puzzle.

I tested your numbers and granted I had to move the overlay around but it worked. I also tried it on that background but it didn’t show up.

So, as the other person said, it could be that background because for some reason that background doesn’t show any overlays.

So try changing the background and see if that works.

Thank you so much. I’ll try changing the background and see if it works.

Hey, I also had an issue with an overlay and i can’t figure it out
So I put down the overlay STRETCHER and the first time i put it down it was working fine
But every time I go back in and preview it it has disappeared
so I looked around to see what might of happened and thout “Oh what about the opacity”
I set it to 1 and then tried to preview it but then it gave me a preview error saying it couldn’t read it?!?

I had set it up like this:
@overlay STRETCHER create
@overlay STRETCHER shifts to -70 -234 in zone 1
@overlay STRETCHER scales to 2.764 2.764
@overlay STRETCHER moves to layer -1

But after i added the opacity i did this
@overlay STRETCHER create
@overlay STRETCHER shifts to -70 -234 in zone 1
@overlay STRETCHER scales to 2.764 2.764
@overlay STRETCHER moves to layer -1
@overlay STRETCHER opacity 1

Sorry, I don’t know how to help you. But did you double check evering? The name of the overlay, the comands, the numbers, the background?

Yeah but it just won’t show up

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.