Promoting Dangerous Topic

I feel like a lot of gang stories show a sugar-coated version of gang life that makes it seem not as violent and horrible as it really is, and I believe that’s a dangerous environment to put forth for young people, but when a story speaks about the problems of racism in the world that leads to gangs, poverty, drug abuse/trafficking, and the horrible loss that gang violence brings, then I don’t have a problem with it

2 Likes

I am so glad that you said something!

What stories? :sweat_smile:
That’s the problem.

I would say everything by miss mj and pretty much everything in the mystery section lol

1 Like

It’s all about education and communication. We all have something to say and therefore we all should be heard. But for that to happen, we must be kind, respectful and supportive.

7 Likes

The one reason I don’t lie about gang stories is that children nowaday’s rely on electronics. They may look as that as there future, and it scares me to see, if my kid was reading an episode and points at a gun, or a person with a gin and says I want to be that when I grow up. It scares me.

2 Likes

I agree and I apologize for letting my emotions get a hold of me before. That’s a problem of mine

1 Like

True. One thing about Miss Mj’s stories is how the gang isn’t portrayed as fun and exciting. No, there’s pain that comes from such a big risk as well.

1 Like

Same, I get into fights, alot. If you read my bio.

Okay, yeah, that would scare me too, but the children need to realize and understand the difference between good or bad.

Not saying they don’t, they just need to figure out for themselves and have a good understanding.

That is something that should/ would be taught before someone gets on the app.

And that’s why I believe it’s for 13+

Yeah, that’s why it would be on the parents to teach them from right to worng. Like I have a younger friend that is 11. She reads story’s and wants to be a gang leaders wife. I get so scared. but it’s her parents fault. I feel like the authors should start putting what the story is age rated to.

3 Likes

Very kind of you to say. We all find ourselves being carried away by our emotions, not just yourself. But learning from our experiences in order to better ourselves everyday is what life is all about. We are all growing. I see you all speaking in a beautiful manner now. Awesome job, babes :blue_heart:
I will leave you to it :relieved:

1 Like

Agreed. But, 13 year old’s can still change their entire mindset. If gangs, fights, and drugs were all seen as fun and adventurous, a teenager can still want to go on the wild side and want to try it out.

If I were a witness to that (no offense) I would blame the parent immediately

But, that’s another thing. Not all stories that contain gangs are portrayed badly. As, making a story about a gang and not giving too much details and not mentioning gang or mafia might be a better thing to do so they are not like, “I wanna be in a gang!!” If you get what I am saying?

1 Like

Yeahh, minor details, but I wish the authors would age rate the story

More than likely, it would happen gradually. I highly doubt a kid would come home looking nice and sweet one day, then be a drug dealer the next.