Okay, just finished yours!

Hey there! Iā€™d love to do an R4R! :smile:

Title: Wounded Souls
Author: SarahLuv
Genre: Thriller, Romance, Drama
Style: INK
Episodes: 6 (more coming soon)
Instagram: epi.sarahluv
Description: Shanelle and Rowan both live similar lives. Full of abuse and sadness. Theyā€™ll help to mend one another. But, little do they know, that something much sinister is going onā€¦
Story Link: http://www.episodeinteractive.com/s/6310776851726336

wounded%20souls%20r4r

1 Like

Hey, so I just finished up with episode 3! I would provide screenies, but Iā€™m too lazy to email them to myself so unfortunately youā€™re just gonna have to trust me with what I know from reading. First of all, I love the plot SO DAMN MUCH, Kandie is literally such a SAVAGE, I love the petty queen. Second, I can;t wait to continue the story, but I canā€™t tonight bc you already know I promised like seven other read for reads. Lastly, I wanted to just mention as a bit of feedback, make sure to check for grammar before publishing. By checking I mean TRIPLE check. I know the struggles of catching your own mistakes, but if you read your story out loud, it will help you catch so much more in the end. Also I just wanted to mention that you may want to start working a bit more with commas. I myself have the problem of overdoing it with them, but when I read your story, I found more often than not, that you probably couldā€™ve used a comma rather than making something into two sentences. Oh and be aware of time shifting! This is a good area for improvement for most. A lot of people create such a picture in their head that it is hard for them to know how others see the story. I noticed that whenever there was a time change between scenes, It would take me about three or four lines until I fully grasped that time had actually passed. Other than that , youā€™re story is AMAZING! Canā€™t wait to see where you take the story, and I hope this feedback helps make the story a little bit more thorough! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Thanking for taking the time to read my story and leave me some feedback as well. Yea commas are my weakest point when it comes to grammar. I will look into the time shifting as well. Overall Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the story. :blush:

1 Like

The_Black_Prince_iJ_posterThumb_Q1UA0gr1fn
Iā€™m up R4R^^
Author: R.es.story
Genre: Romantic
Style: Ink
Description: Jade has been humiliated by Max on her first day of college. She begins to grow hatred for him and decides to take revenge. What will happen to Jade?
Episodes: 11 (Ongoing)
Instagram: @r.es_story

LINK: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6073332409434112

1 Like

Alright, so I actually have quite a bit of feedback for you, now that Iā€™ve read the three current chapters. Also please know that none of this is meant to be taken negatively, my point in giving you this feedback is to help you improve your story. So first thing I want to address is some common mistakes in your writing. I found that you were frequently forgetting to capitalize 'Iā€™s in your story. This is a very common error that many make, but it is also a very easy fix. Just make sure to read through your story at least a couple times to make sure everything proper is capitalized as it should be. I also noticed a lot of grammatical errors in your story. The tense of the story was all over the place. When writing your story, you need to make sure to choose a tense whether it be past, present, or future (not that future works for most stories but yk), and stick to it. As someone who really picks up on the littlest of details, I cannot tell you how much it irritates a reader when the tense is switched frequently. Another thing is your spot directing, your characters would walk from one zone to another but then almost magically teleport to another spot at a different scale. If you need help with spot directing, I would more than love to help you out with it myself, or provide you with links to YouTube videos that are insanely helpful to new writers. I know not everyone is as much of a code jockey as me, but once you learn this part of directing, it is actually quite simple. Lastly, I want to talk about your scenes. I found that your story was extremely fast pace, with so many scenes in one episode. I actually had a hard time comprehending what was going on most of the time due to the pace of the story. I suggest taking more time each episode to develop not only the mc, but also the other characters around her. Tell us a little more about her friend, the mean foster mother, the guy that wanted to hook up with her, even the mean girl! This will all add length to each scene wich will give a fuller sense of development throughout the story, and help the reader understand further what is going on. Other than that, I canā€™t wait to see how your story turns out! By the description, I know I will love your story, and I hope this feedback makes sense and helps out a lot! If you have any further questions, you can DM me and I will see how I can further explain/help out! :cowboy_hat_face:

Hey, so I just finished reading chapter three of your story! I have a few things as far as feedback, but overall, I really enjoyed your story! First thing I would like to discuss is the opening scene of the first chapter. When Samaira is thinking, it feels kind of awkward. I think your story would benefit from changing that narration to the narrator instead of Samairaā€™s thoughts. You can even make it so the narrator block her her name on it. Hereā€™s how-
(tab twice for character dialogue, yk the drill) NARRATOR (SAMAIRA)
whatever her thoughts said hereā€¦

Another thing I wanted to address is your lack of talking animations while a character is speaking. I understand the struggles of not being able to find the perfect facial expression while a character is speaking, but it looks even worse when you leave them without a talking animation while they are speaking.

Also please double check your zoom for each scene. If you donā€™t reset it for each background change, the story will have issues functioning and the reader wonā€™t be able to see characters where they are supposed to stand, and most likely will see a very slim amount of them. Trust me, this has happened to my story dozens of times, and it does not look any better from the readerā€™s perspective.

Lastly, I want to address layering in your story. If you want your mc to walk past a group, make sure she has the highest layer. To do this you will put something like
&DOMINICK moves to layer 0
&GIRL1 moves to layer 1
The layers indicate how close the character is to the background. The lower the layer the closer to the background.

Your story is amazing! Probably by far one of the best Iā€™ve read in a long time! :smiley:

1 Like

thanks for the feedback. Iā€™m was already editing my story before you commented lol. btw everything is fast because only 2 characters will be in the story after episode 4

1 Like

Awe thank you so much :purple_heart: It means a lot to me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I will love to read your storyā€¦ I will surely read it. I hope you will read mine. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blush:
Here is information of my story-
Title - Threatening HeartBeat
Author - Yousra
Genre - Romance
Description - Shanaya messes up with the greatest, ruthless and hottest mafia leader, Zayn Xever .
Shanaya donā€™t know what she brought on herself while playing with fire.
Episodes - 4 chapters released (more episodes coming soon)
Style - INK
Instagram - yousra.episodes
Story Link -
http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5363020098240512
Let me know what do you feel about the story :blush:
Small cover -

1 Like

I just read all 3 episodes of your storyā€¦ And i think its amazingā€¦ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Ok thank you so much :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Title: Oceanā€™s 5
Author: Lara P.
Genre: Action
Chapters: 3 out (more coming soon)
Style: Ink
Description: Five highly skilled and most dangerous people on Earth are brought together for the biggest heist ever seen. What can go wrong?
Instagram: @larapstories
Link: https://episode.app.link/mRmxbzLPYR

1 Like

Title : My Freedom
Author : AZN
Style : INK
Genre : Romance
Description : Heā€™s an actor and heā€™s successful. That doesnā€™t stop Grey from chasing a shy girl like Ophelia, while being engaged to her cousin.
Instagram : @azn.stories
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5828647379402752

Small cover :

[IMG_0211-02-11-18-12-08

1 Like

This is really helpful thank you :sparkling_heart:

AHHH OK thatā€™s a lot of stories. Give me a few weeks to get everyone I missedā€¦ Until then, R4R is gonna be closed. Will update when finished. :cowboy_hat_face:

So Iā€™m just going to go ahead and let you know that Iā€™m not sure about if you are compromising Content Guidelines. Episode has very strict rules about copyright laws and such, and seeing as Oceanā€™s 5 is a fan fiction to an actual movie series, I feel like it might be taken down for copyright strikes. I donā€™t know for sure of course, due to unspecified rules among fan fiction, however I just want to warn you to remain on the side of caution if you continue on with this story. I still of course, will give it a read, but I thought I should let you know. :cowboy_hat_face:

Hey! So I just read the first five chapters of the story! I can already tell that youā€™re going to do really well, and canā€™t wait to continue to read the story. As you noted in the beginning, English is not your first language, so itā€™s completely understandable to have errors and mistakes. What I would recommend for that is asking around for a willing proof reader whoā€™s first language is English to just double check over your writing. I am actually currently proof reading another authorā€™s story myself so if you canā€™t find anyone else, I would absolutely love to check over yours as well. Another thing I kind of noticed is that scenes could be a little bit fast. I myself have recieved complaints of short chapters, so I just wanted to let you know that adding in a bit more detail, and some small scenes could make your story that much better! Overall I loved your writing, and canā€™t wait to continue it in the future! :smiley: