Promoting myself and new stories coming in 2022!

Hello,

Not me promoting myself…my name is Marian Rose. I’m the author of “Wildest Dreams” and “Nefarious.” Both ink stories!

If you’re interested in reading, here are the descriptions and genre:

Wildest dreams description: Azalea Pierce is a secretary for the most successful, richest business around. Her new boss, Axton Lawson, who she is starting to fall for, is slowly being intervened…

Genre: Romance/ Drama/ Action

Link: Episode Writer Portal

^Your typical cliche story lol, but I’m currently revamping it to make it less predictable.
Chapters 1-7 are available right now!! However, I must warn you, there’s serious topics included. This story is not to entertain, it’s to spread awareness!!

Nefarious description: A group of friends decide to break into a building owned by an obsessive man who did exorcism. What happens when they release something more powerful and wicked than anything?

Genre: Action/ Dark Fantasy/ Horror/ Drama/ Romance

Link: Episode Writer Portal

^This story contains: gore/blood & violence
This story is FULLY COMPLETED - 16 chapters!! Also, this story is inspired by the anime Tokyo Ghoul, so you’ll see a few similarities to it,

“Undying Darkness” release date: coming soon

Undying Darkness description: Eden (Gwen) Young has a very special, dark ability no one else has. Using this, she tries to find her parent’s killer. But she isn’t the only one looking for someone.

Genre: Drama/ Horror/ Dark Fantasy/ Romance/ Action

^This story also contains: gore/blood & jump scares
This story is inspired by my own liking/interests and a little inspired by Stranger Things, AHS hotel, Devils’ Line, Fear Street (1-3), and mortal instruments.

!!!My stories are for mature audiences ONLY!!! I also want to make it clear that I do NOT justify or romanticize any of the character’s action, behavior, nor morals/beliefs!!!

If you would like for sneak peeks and updates, you can follow my instagram: @marian_epy!! Please tag me if you share screenshots and/or edits :slight_smile:

Also, WD has a character customization of yourself, but you would be a “antagonist”.

I want to share my stories because I love writing with a passion and I want more people to see my work. Maybe to help or inspire them or whatever it may be! I really appreciate the support and I would love for you to give it a chance!!

5 Likes

You need to be very, VERY careful with how much blood and violence you use… otherwise you risk having your story banned!
Gore isn’t really tolerated on Episode and you’re only allowed two of these three things per scene: Blood, body and Weapon.
You can’t have all three! You also can’t have large bloody overlays.
And you’re not allowed more than two blood items per scene… as it’s against guidelines and your story will not pass review!

I write in the horror genre myself… and my zombie horror story failed the review. I didn’t even think it was that bad… but apparently I’d broken guidelines with an overuse of gore and bloody overlays! I had to change a crazy amount of scenes before they finally approved my story!

Also, if you do decide to include any kind of romance in your stories. Showing or bluntly describing the characters having sex is not allowed. And sexually explicit phrases aren’t allowed either.

2 Likes

:heart: Hi thank you, I’m very aware that it could break guidelines!! However, sometimes I may forget, so thank you for reminding me. My story “Wildest Dreams” got reviewed and I had to change a few minor things (mainly the r*pe scene, which I totally understand and I fixed it immediately, along with a few cuss words); otherwise, it was approved by Episode. No violence was mentioned.

Not every part contains gore, weapons, nor bodies! But if there is and I have to fix it, I’m totally fine with it. My other story “Nefarious” has been reviewed as well and even if there’s some gore parts, they didn’t threaten to ban me or anything. I didn’t had to fix anything either. So I think I’m pretty good with the blood and violence that I use? But like I said, if Episode wants me to fix it to make it less, I will.

I also want to mention that Episode has been content with my overlays. Most of my overlays, when it does contain blood usage (sometimes it’s a lot), most of the time it does get approved. So when I code the scene, I don’t think it is that bad…

Thank you for reminding me this and I’ll keep it in mind!! :blush:

How did you manage to get the Episode Team to approve that!? If I included half the things you’re doing in my story, it would get banned within weeks! You must be a very persuasive person when it comes to dealing with the Episode Team and careful with the guidelines!

A past story of mine included gore and weapons in some scenes and it got banned. Episode did not give me a chance to fix it. I put time and effort into that story. Their response: “Sorry if this caused any inconvenience” :confused:

Be careful!

3 Likes

You’re welcome. :blush: And you must’ve got lucky with your previous stories. But they’re cracking down a lot more these days… especially since they updated their guidelines. So remember to be careful.

1 Like

Hi :purple_heart: I didn’t convince them to do anything. I fixed my overlays if they rejected them. However, most of my overlays, they approved. I try to be careful when it comes to my stories, especially with their new guidelines. I guess I just got lucky!? But who knows, Episode could review it right now and email me about it to change it or just my ban my stories. :frowning: I’m sorry for what happened to yours, stories do take up a lot of our time and effort. I’m sure it was amazing and a good storyline/plot!

Note: Not all my overlays contains gore. But the story itself could be very gory and violent at times. Not too much nor little. But that could easily be changed if The Episode Team has a problem with it.

I will be careful as much as I can. If I do get banned, I’ll learn from it and make things better than before. Thank you for reminding me!!

Hey, thank you for this thread love :heart:

I have recently published four new chapters of my story

Story : Catch me before I fall
Style : Limelight
Genre : Romance
(which also includes comedy, drama and action )
LI : only one
Choices : not much
Chapters published : 1-20 chapters out now Season 1 with Early Access

If anyone would like to follow me on my Instagram it’s @sun.shine_stories

Description : Zara went through a rough path as a child and have become stronger. Can hot, charming Asher Jones try to change her mind about love? or will he Catch her before she fall’s (Cc/1LI)

With new story cover
along with the link if anyone would like to check it out!