Promotion: Kotton Kandie

Why you gotta be so insecure? Sneak peek episode 9.

I’m back! I’ve gotten to the end of episode four. Here are my thoughts/initial reactions, but feel free to take them or leave them however you like. :slight_smile:

• I really like that Kandie is an older mc. A fair amount of stories are about teenagers (which is fine; just a different demographic), but I prefer playing characters who are 20+. While she is starting over in a sense, she isn’t dealing with the new college student difficulties I see in younger protagonists and it’s refreshing. It’s also a nice change seeing Kandie actively going to therapy, even though she struggles in dealing with her traumas and facing them at times. And all her outfits are very cute. I loved that last peach one. :revolving_hearts:

• Felt a little iffy about Jacques being her boss while also being a romance option, but he’s a good man. I think if he was a coworker (employee-employee relationship) instead of her boss (employer-employee relationship), I would feel more comfortable personally. Or maybe I just wouldn’t have her be able to get with him while there are still professional boundaries in place? I’m not sure where you plan on going for future chapters, but that’s my take.

• Have I been successfully racking up points with everyone? Yes. Is every man in the world falling hopelessly in love with me? Just call me Miss Heartbreaker. :dancer: Poor Kandie’s going to be struggling if I don’t make up my mind soon.

• “Thotusprime” :sob:

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! To ease your concerns Jacques is very professional. That’s why he expects Kandie to be on her best behavior. He never steps out of line at work. Just a casual flirt here and there.

Thank you for telling me that the outfits are cute! I really try to mix them up and never show the same outfits.

It’s also great that you have points with all the love interests. Because you get all the dates and choose which guy is right for Kandie.

Everybody gets on me about Thotusprime!! :joy::joy:
Thank you for reading my story!! I hoped you had a good laugh. I originally had it in comedy than switch over to drama.

1 Like

That makes sense actually. I did feel the genre shift a bit, even though I would still call it a dramedy. Anyways, congratulations on your first story! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you! :purple_heart::sob:

1 Like

Kotton Kandie is currently being featured on The Black History month shelf.

2 Likes

Congratulations! I’m caught up on your story and I absolutely love it! :grin::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you, for reading my story. :sob:

1 Like

No, thank you for writing it!

1 Like

I love everything about this story. Everything. :heart::heart::sneezing_face::sneezing_face:

1 Like

Thank you for telling me. I barely get any feedback. This means a lot to me. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

WHAT?! I think it’s incredible, honestly! The way you’ve developed the characters. The whole concept in general. I hope you get more feedback! You honestly deserve it and plentiful reads, to go along with it :heart:

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob: Thank you once again.

1 Like

Ofc! :heart::heart:

1 Like

Bump