Prompts writing skills

They’re suuuuper cute (and bite-y) but they have me ready to collapse around 9-10 pm. Yesterday I did that and got to sleep a whole four hours, for the entire day. :sob: :joy:

they’re like babies fr :joy::joy::joy:

This isn’t that great but was honestly so fun to write! :heartbeat:

unclear

I woke up with a start.

The sun glistening through my window, the birds singing outside and the wind from the open window closing and opening my door. I felt bewildered and disoriented. When I woke up, it felt as if I couldn’t recognize my bedroom, it didn’t feel like home or anywhere near. It looked different to how I last remembered it, I didn’t remember how I had gotten there, I didn’t even recognize the person I saw in the mirror. It felt as if I was living a life that wasn’t mine, a nightmare I couldn’t wake up from. I felt a heavy weight beginning to settle inside my chest, my thoughts swirling around in my head like a storm gathering its strength, I tried to shake off the feeling to focus on the present but it constantly felt like there was a dark cloud towering over me, towering over my head. My thoughts kept drifting back to the past, to a time that I couldn’t remember as anything other then a blank space in my head, it was like the past year completely vanished from my memory. I knew something had happened, something significant, but I couldn’t place my finger on it. It felt like I was attemping to read a book with a missing chapter, imagining what all the previous events could possibly be, it left me feeling lost and confused. The sadness felt like a physical weight, pressing down on me. It feels like I’m suffocating inside of my own emotions and thoughts. The sadness just keeps creeping back inside no matter how hard I try to distract myself from it. I feel like I’m alone in the world, like nobody can understand what I’m going through. I felt like I was living in a different reality, one where everyone else had access to memories that I didn’t have.

I rubbed my eyes to try clear my head before looking around my room searching for answers, but everything seemed so strange and foreign, I tried to unlock my phone but I almost didn’t even remember the password, I had 20 notifications but none of the contacts rang a bell, the messages were weird and made no sense to me. So many questions began to flood my brain. I continued to search for clues, I threw stacks of clothing out of my closet straight onto the floor, I found a journal underneath a white hoodie that looked somewhat familiar but I didn’t know where I had seen it before, I threw it to the side and ignored it, I picked up the journal and opened it and began to read all the entries that were written in the past year, each page was detailing my life in a way that felt like nothing to me, Is it even a surprise that I don’t remember a thing?

I felt a tear slowly roll down my cheek and suddenly I knew that I was powerless to stop it. It was just a small, glistening droplet that seemed to contain all the emotions in the world. I could feel the weight of it as it made its way down my face, like a physical manifestation of the sadness that had been building up for all this time inside of me. The tear rolled slowly down my face, leaving a trail of moisture in its wake. It was a tiny river, carving a path through the landscape of my skin. I could feel the wetness as it spread across my cheek, a reminder of the tears that had come before and the ones that were sure to follow. I watched as the tear landed on my chin, hanging there for a moment before falling straight to the ground. It was like a symbol of all the pain and sadness that I was feeling, I could feel the weight of it as it fell, like a tiny piece of my heart breaking off and falling away, The tear was a reminder that I am human, that I can feel things deeply. It was a reminder that sometimes, the only thing I can do is let them tears fall. I could feel the emotions welling up inside me, like a storm gathering on the horizon. The tear was just the beginning, a sign of the deluge that was about to come.

1 Like

Omg, i feel so bad for her :smiling_face_with_tear: i love your writing style! I will add it to the list :heartpulse: Thank you for writing and glad you had fun I had fun reading it too :heartpulse::heartpulse:

Wait! This is funny, because I had a story idea similar to this concept. I didn’t get far, but I
made a cover(s) for it.

Covers

LOL, maybe I should pick this prompt and write a scene that could happen in that story idea I had.

2 Likes

how funny! Yes, that would be great inspo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

new prompt!

Boss at the club
You catch the person who was supposed to be at your work now dancing like she had no appointment planned. But, she does look good doing it, right?

1 Like

bump

1 Like

Okay…maybe I lied. This prompt just immediately gave me this plot/story idea and then I had to write it. This is also written in a completely different style than what I was going for originally but whatever. :joy:

Content warnings if you’re sensitive to certain themes: subtle implications of murder with less subtle ones about a car crash.

Knocking

In the shadow of the sky she thinks she can still make it out — there, defiling the ghosts of what used to be her hands — the glimpse of it sinking, its permanence cemented itself underneath that infinite darkness. They shake. Furiously, desperately, struck with a maniacal frenzy. No matter the rate she claws at her eyes, it’s still there — bleeding.

She lets out a shaky breath. Turns off the ignition. The silence exiles every glimmering light into the void. She can’t even hear it ringing in her ears anymore. The shattering glass, the crunch of metal, the wet footsteps, her own heartbeat. The light — the light. It never leaves her eyes. But it fades anyway.

She’s left. She’s left something behind of her — scattered. Distantly, she thinks it’s a part of her. So quintessential to her being that it will scar deeper, darker than the marks left on her. Underneath her skin, into that absence that seeped inwards and it will grow. From the darkness that had overtaken her eyes and coated her hands. Or maybe it’s there, maybe it’s there. In that darkness. Maybe it’s there and simply wants to be cloaked by it.

She thinks that’s worse.

The pavement grounds her — enough to look past the scratches marring the already warped metal and the headlight that’s curled into itself — enough to walk. Enough to run. Enough to get air into her lungs, to stop thinking, enough to find herself at the beginning of her own damnation—

And in this soundless, sightless existence, there is a scream, an intensity of raw anguish that rips into reality. It echoes and weaves itself into her flesh.

Their house is here — more importantly, the door. The door she has just opened in a mix of desperation and longing, the door that falls open in slow motion with such an ache, the door that she never really meant to drive to. Her hands twitch.

There is no light. There is no sound. There is no other provable existence — and she, she will fade into the darkness. It’s reaching out and building up and contaminating every part of her and at this point she lets it — it would live inside her, decay inside her, and, and, and, even if she stopped now at this, every fractured truth would still spell death, she needs breathing roomshe still needs to clarify some thingsGET HER SOME WATER — that’s all she can remember officer, she swears, swears that she loved him, loved, loved, loved, please won’t you tell her if they find him?

Later she remembered she was supposed to say them.

Little explanation, if you are confused after reading: the character is framing this story as a car crash — the mentioning of light and light fading refers to her headlight, crunch of metal obviously means when she crashes, the glass shattering i.e. windows /windshield — when in actuality it’s mentioning details of the night she killed a man and the other woman.

1 Like

Oh man, this is crazy seeing this :sob:
it’s Chrissy

1 Like

omggg i missed your writing so much its so good!!

the one and only ChrissyG??? girl welcome backk we missed you :sob:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.