PROPS: Cultural Props

Hello, everyone!
I have decided to open this thread, because I would really like to see more diversity by adding cultural things and on this thread I want to suggest to Episode team add more overlays from Ethiopian culture - props that Ethiopians (and Eritreans) use to make a coffee ceremony, which called bunna maflat (in Amharic: ቡና ማፍራት).
(I am writing this although I am aware of the fact that some of you may find it useless/not interesting.)
Jebena - a traditional container (in Amharic: ጀበና)

images

F’njal (in Amharic: ፍንጃል) - are cups that we use to drew the buna (=coffee)

images

Ambasha (in Amharic: አምባሻ. In Tigrinya: ሕምባሻ {Himbasha} - is an Ethiopian and Eritrean celebration bread. It is often made at special occasions.

ambasha

Mesob - is an Ethiopian basket which we put on it injera (a flatbread which is made of t’eff flour)

mesobs

I hope you all will support this, and please support those threads which are about adding things from the Ethiopian culture:

Please support another thread:

If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask me :blush: :wink:

Make sure that you give a :heart: :blush:

11 Likes

Alriht it would be cool but I’m going to be honest. I don’t think that I would use them or as reader would care if someone has a Jebena instead of the coffee cup they already have. yes I would be cool if you focus in you’re story about things like this but if I’m writing about a fantasy story with wolves and stuff? no I wouldn’t care about these little things and won’t even pay attention to it.

But this is just how I see it. I don’t hate the idea though it sounds cool but if I could choose something that episode needs to add then it’s differend body shapes!

however I do support this!

2 Likes

I just gave this Jebena as an example :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
However, there are things that are not on the list of overlays. So, I do not mind if Episode team would not add some of these things that I mentioned.
In addition, the point of this is that I want to express my culture in a story that I would like to write someday (although I am aware that authors may not use them).
Thank you for telling your opinion honestly :blush:

P.S: I agree with you (about saying that Episode team should add more face shapes)

Bump :sunny:

support :blob_hearts: