PROPS: how to use them

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This helped so much thank you

1 Like

Thanks @Dara.Amarie I was wondering where the microphone was :joy:

I wish there was a guitar for girls!! Ahh… my band stories will have to wait :cry::guitar::no_entry_sign:

4 Likes

Sexism has entered the chat

Huh? I meant that I was upset that there wasn’t one for girls too. How is that sexism? I want thereto be one for boys and girls.

1 Like

I think she means that it was sexist of THEM to only put majority of instruments for males and not females.

3 Likes

Oh, I hope that what she meant.

3 Likes

What @kw.episode said. :sob:

3 Likes

Dear @Dara.Amarie

First of all thanks a lot for your kind support, I’m learning a lot from you!
As a SW engineer I know how hard is the coding, so I appreciate so much your endless help!

I wanted to ask you a question about the hidden prop Guitar, I’m trying to use it but when I use the play airguitar animation, and I check it in the app, the guitar appears misplaced. The prop is correctly added.

Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks a lot in advance, loud love

I tried this the other day, too. I’m guessing that it won’t work right since Episode hasn’t officially released the prop, and whatever animations might be associated with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, a lot of the these hidden props are paired with certain hidden animations. The air_guitar animation is not meant to be used with an actual guitar. The animation that is suppose to be used for that specific prop is hidden and cannot be used for regular users.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I have tried to add the plastic red cup prop on limelight but it doesn’t seem to work. The prop appears in my character’s hand, but it is there even before the part when I want it to be there. What am I doing wrong?

But the cup stays with him for the whole episode, and I don’t know how to get rid of it before then and only have it in that scene

Once you add a prop to a character, the prop will stay on your character until you remove it, even if you restart the episode and don’t even get to that part of the script yet. So you have to remove the prop once you are done using the prop, then play through that part in your script so the prop gets removed. Or just reset story progress.

How do you remove props?

Hi! I am trying to open a new scene with multiple characters holding a prop. When I preview the scene, only one character is appearing at a time. How do I get them all to appear with their props at the same time? TIA!!

I’d suggest using the & command for all your character spot placements. And place them all before you set the zoom and zone, and also before any transition you have to open the scene. Hope this helps!