Psychologist or someone who knows about mental illnesses

Hello! I am currently writing a story about MC who has mental illnesses. I’m not really familiar with these kind of topics, so I would appreciate if someone who has this knowledge or knows someone who has to comment down below. I need someone to help me write about mental illnesses/ disorders so that I can present it well and not just write whatever I think it’s okay. I really want to make people aware more of the issues and struggles of people with mental illnesses/disorders. My MC has depression, anxiety and is developing schizophrenia. Thank you! :))

1 Like

I’m only a student majoring in psychology (in my country my year is named Licence 1 )but I can help with anxiety and depression, I don’t know much about schizophrenia at the moment though, you should start by looking at the DSM 5 definition of it and then looking for some articles or articles to begin with

1 Like

I’d recommend checking out psychology today, they have some really great articles :grin:

1 Like

thank you so much, I will! :))

1 Like

I started doing that but there isn’t many. Thank you, and if it’s not a burden for you to help me please contact me on instagram @jiqxum. Thank you so much! :pleading_face::two_hearts:

To be honest, I’ve had all three of these. Well, almost schizophrania but I had started to see my mom everywhere… She left 5 years ago. Anyhow, if you need help from a person with expierience you can message me, remember though episode makes it very clear in their guidelines that they don’t want contend with mental illnesses etc in stories.

2 Likes

Be careful with the plot, episode has pretty strict guidelines when it comes to mental disorders.

2 Likes

i will thank you! I will put a bunch of warnings lmao

1 Like

thank you! If you feel comfortable telling me please message me on instagram @jiqxum and I will! I will either put a bunch of warnings or I will just write on ivy :))

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! :))

1 Like

What specific kinds of information do you want to know? And what will be the tone or themes of the story - how will your character develop and process through their experiences? What kinds of relationships will they have with others? For example, so they have or will they build a support network? What’s the overall message you want to send to your readers?

1 Like

Well, I want readers to know that mental illnesses are just a part of the life, they do not define a person. I want to spread awareness about mental illnesses. I want to know how people cope with illnesses and how do they actually think. Or how did their loved ones reacted when they found out. The MC can develop differently based on the readers choices. So there will be 3 endings. The MC has a close relationship with his friends, but he’s often closed off. His relationship with aunt is distant, but he never tries to actually make it better. And I’m not sure what support network is? Are you talking about what he is using to cope with his feelings?

1 Like

Such an amazing idea you have.

Unfortunately, in many countries, the topic of mental illness is still taboo even today. When my sister was studying clinical psychology, many people thought she would work in a mental hospital as many have this one association where I live. She sometimes used service https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/clinical-psychology/ when she was doing her tasks at college. A nice resource if you need to write your essay. And we need to spread the knowledge that mental illnesses topic should be discussed more often. I know many people who are afraid to tell their relatives about some of their mental diseases - this is not normal. I hope you’ll succeed in your work.

Your idea is amazing. It’s so good to spread awarness about mental health and illnesses amoung people