Publish complete story at once or chapters at a time?

Do readers prefer stories to be suspenseful and have chapters come out say every week or every couple days, or have the story available all at once? I have read some both ways and honestly liked both, but the suspenseful definitely kept me coming back. Want to know majority!

3 Likes

I love the story fully released. But I’m not doing that for my own story, lol. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t see how people do! It takes me a week to write one episode. I try to average 3000 lines for each one.

2 Likes

i’m personally a fan of releasing new chapters every so often. it gives readers something to look forward to with your story! but honestly i guess it’s just up to your personal preference! :grin:

2 Likes

I like to read a story that makes me wait a couple of day’s or weeks because this keeps giving me suspense !!

1 Like

I did a poll on this once: Completed Stories vs Ongoing Stories
Based on that, most people prefer completed ones, but it’s not a huge difference at all so it can work both ways. From my own experience, I noticed that when I changed the status of my first story to “completed”, I had a weird wave of reads, which I can only explain as a result of people wanting to read stories that are already finished.
As a reader, it depends on the length as to what I prefer. If the story is completed at 50 episodes, I probably won’t read it because I would feel like I missed the boat. I’d rather jump on the band wagon when there’s 10 episodes and just read every time there’s an update. But if the story is finished and has 12 chapters, I wouldn’t mind if that was released all at once of if it came out week by week.
As an author, I’m fairly sure I’m going to transition into publishing stories only once they’re completed as drafts. I’m not able to update once a week like some people are and let’s just say that my readers are very good at making me feel guilty for that :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I prefer completed story but I would read a story even if its on going :blush:

1 Like

Thanks everyone!!! <3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.