Publish/Updating Question

I’m incredibly new with publishing here on Episode, hoping a more experienced author can help answer this for me.

Here’s the scenario lol. I’ve published 3 chapters and need to correct something minor in chapters 1 and 2 and in my story description - meanwhile, I’ve also started writing chapter 4.

Let’s say I make all my corrections and hit the scary blue “update” button. What happens? Will it make the reader read chapter 3 again? Will it also publish what I’ve started writing in chapter 4?

My head is spinning, please help me understand the potential precautions of this! haha

Thanks! :grin: :heart:

1 Like

once upon a time it did publish , and it was the worst, but do not frat it dont anymore.

if you wanna publish more chapters(or in your case dont) you pick what you wanna publish after you hit the publish button

2 Likes

Nope, you can choose to publish only the published chapter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! So if I choose to update only chapter 1 and 2, the reader won’t have to read chapter 3 again?

1 Like

If some authors are only making small changes, like spelling errors they sometimes give the option to skip the chapter. (using labels in the script ofc) Don’t stress it! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t think I’m allowed to add a skip button since I’m entered in the Reveal contest, otherwise that’s a good option!

1 Like

they shouldn’t no

1 Like

ooh… I’m sure it’ll be fine? :blob_sun:

1 Like

lol your bravery is inspiring :laughing: :heart:

Thanks again to everyone for all the help!

1 Like

:laughing: :heart:

1 Like