Publishing the date a story was created

My favorites are full of incomplete stories. Stories that were started months ago and haven’t had any new chapters added since. If an author publishes on their information page when the story was published readers could gauge whether or not they abandoned the story. I don’t buy gems or passes to blitz because there’s no way I’m paying when a story is never going to be finished or is going to be finished 2 years from now. I personally think someone should be paid to wrap up old stories in a chapter or three instead of just leaving them out there like that. Also, all finished stories ought to be listed as complete.

2 Likes

There’s an option to add a;
“More Episodes coming soon.”
“Story is Complete”
“N/A”
Whichever option is below the story should be a sign that the story is either on hold, completed, or updates are coming soon.

They need to add “More episodes coming, but not soon”

4 Likes

Make sure you support this idea here:

1 Like

oh tru
that’s how I got hooked on a 6 chapter story that hadn’t been updated since 2016. the only way I found that out was thru ig

1 Like

tea

1 Like

Yes, there are options. Does everybody use them? No. Those options are only useful if they’re used consistently. I’m all for a built in feature that indicates if a story hasn’t been updated within 30 to 60 days. Some of us don’t like reading abandoned stories.

Writers should be encouraged to finish their stories asap especially those with a lot of viewers/ followers. It is unfair for the readers that after the writer’s invitation to read their stories, they will just leave them (readers) hanging.

Still waiting for the completion of Read My Lips limelight, I don’t really know if it is already completed. I have updated my app recently but there is still no update for the said story. I think I should only read stories that are complete.