Putting out chapters...!

How do people manage to put chapters out so quickly?! I feel like my trying to be a perfectionist is setting my progress behind. :persevere: I’m really eager to give everyone a good story. Any advice/suggestions?

I have no advice on how to actually write episodes as fast as some authors do. But one thing I would recommend (which I am trying to do myself one day) is to write out your whole story, or at least a big chunk of it, but then start publishing your early episodes. Like if you have 10 episodes, post 4 then when you start working on 11, you could post episode 5. Stay ahead of the game in a sense

3 Likes

I’ll definitely try that to see how it goes. Thank you!!! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Don’t worry it’s just normal to be a perfectionist cause it means that you love what you do and u want the best for your readers ! All I can do try to take inspiration by reading books , listening to songs and films , it can really help you to have an idea of what to put in your next chapter of your story :slight_smile:

1 Like

I take my time. To write long episodes.

2 Likes

Don’t feel pressured! Just update when you finish the chapter. I know this feeling very well, I like everything to be perfect.

Some people are robots like @J.Miley :joy: she usually updates very fast, and still I have no idea how she does it!

1 Like

@Jacquelyne and @amberose, I think a big problem of mine is that I have a good general idea of where I want my story to go. I have it planned, it’s just that I have a problem with sequencing everything.

@appleqrl One of my weaknesses is that I’d like to take my time as I’m a perfectionist at heart, but I do get impatient.

@Apes I’m glad that you and everyone else understand where I’m coming from. I just have to develop more of a sense of patience. My impatience and everything else has been eating me alive lately, and now I have a case of writer’s block. sigh

3 Likes

I feel you there. Even more reason why you should write a few episodes ahead, so then you can play around with the sequence without worrying about readers needing to re-read if you change something

1 Like

Great point :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I did that :weary: I had 7 done before publishing, and I can’t count the times I’ve changed things around. I spend days on one scene once then they released custom overlays :joy: I was so angry! :joy:

But it’s a good idea! I wish I could write the whole story before publishing as I’m a slow writer :persevere: but still I don’t feel like I have to write and update, I just do it when I can and want. Now I’m having problems with my laptop so I feel very discouraged. :expressionless:

2 Likes

SAME! With my first story lol
It’s honestly my goal to just publish a finished story straight from the get go. Especially because I have a problem where I can’t say no to readers in my fanmail. If they ask for another CC or something, I’m like I-have-to-please-you. So it would be nice to be able to say “sorry, the story is already complete anyway” :joy:

3 Likes

I’m a slow writer too, and have some trouble trying to put dialogue together-- as well as adding humor. :tired_face: And I totally understand where you’re coming from. Before putting out some chapters from my first story,
i was trying to do much of the work on my phone and my boyfriend’s laptop. And I was struggling af because between work and life in general, I had felt like I never had the time to do anything and got SUPER discouraged!

@amberose Have you ever thought about doing a 'Most Asked Questions" page on your story? One of which being about CC and when you’ll be doing updates?

1 Like

I don’t sleep.
When I try, I close my eyes and picture the next scene. Due to short term memory problems, I know if I don’t get up and work on it just then, I might forget (and often do if I don’t go write it at that moment).
Don’t be like me, please. It’s not good for your health.

Plan it all out. Start with an outline with major plot points, and fill in the gaps. I work scene by scene and try not to move to the next until I am satisfied with the current scene.

I struggle with holding off on publishing. My original plan on my current story was to wait until it was complete to publish the story, but I just couldn’t. I’m a very impatient person when it comes to things like that (hence also why I never sleep). Work at what pace works best for you… and don’t get discouraged if some people publish faster, and don’t get discouraged by readers that constantly ask when the next Episode will be out. They will ask within an hour of you publishing the current Episode, believe me.

Most importantly, have fun, and enjoy doing it.

3 Likes

I have thought about it, but don’t really get enough FAQs to make a FAQ section :rofl: And the update question actually motivates me to write, so I don’t mind that one lol. I’m more worried for my future stories where I’ve seen similar ones get asked to change this, that and the other all the time.

1 Like

Not sleeping is pretty much the level I’m on now. To the point where I almost get irritable when I don’t get to finish a task on my story before I move on to something else

I’ve never actually thought about using updates as motivation before. I’m actually gonna start doing that!

2 Likes

I’m very slow. I once took 9 months to write a 500 line chapter.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.