QueenIvy's spotlight on GOOD featured stories

Hey! It’s ya girl, Ivy!

Cringe

I thought it might be fun to read some of the better episode featured stories and write up my thoughts on them. Highly subjective - The ones that I consider good!

This is meant to be a light hearted, positive, and funny thread. (Funny is also subjective! I like to think I’m a comedian but I might possibly be cringey …) So! Either you will laugh at me or laugh with me! Both are valid!

I have read a few already that I plan to write about.

Yes … I’m aware of the episode cliches that we all know and love! There has to be a certain amount in your story formula to be featured.
I would like to shine a little light on the stories that have unique elements or suprising twists added into them!

I would love to hear your thoughts about this thread concept AS WELL as your votes for stories you would like to see a spotlight review on!

Your thoughts on the thread idea?

• This seems interesting! I would read your reviews on good featured stories!
  • What a silly idea! Go do something more productive, you fool!
  • Bish, where u get all them gems from?

0 voters

What good featured stories would you like to hear my thoughts on? This list isn’t all inclusive! It’s some of the initial good featured stories that come to mind!

• Glitch Girl by Joseph Evans
  • Venomous by Hannah D.
  • Haute as Hell by S. Langdon
  • Fake Love, True Love by Clover White
  • Envy by Cindy Gaultier

0 voters

What stories have I missed that would be good for this thread? COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW

7 Likes

Please add troublemaker!!

4 Likes

:sob: No! Don’t make me!

2 Likes

Have you read it before? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yeah :joy:

2 Likes

I honestly really liked it agessss ago! It’s…alright. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

The Kiss List is a bit more interesting than the average featured story mainly cause it uses the point system. :rofl:

What about Friends or Lovers? In my opinion, out the most recent Episode featured stories, that is one of the better ones.

I did not like the kids list. They also stole the idea from another writer so…:unamused::unamused::unamused:

1 Like

Interesting :thinking: I had planned to start with Envy but Glitch Girl it is!

5 Likes

I’m excited…

1 Like

Oh :confused:

1 Like

Good start! :smirk:

2 Likes

Daddy! You’re here!

3 Likes

Of course! Gotta support the forums’ one and only Queen Ivy! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I love this idea Ivy :joy:

2 Likes

this is actually such a good idea

2 Likes

“You fool” is the only reason I picked that option. It made me laugh, but I’m being sarcastic. I await your reviews LOL

4 Likes

Glitch Girl by Joseph Evans

Genre: Fantasy
(A lot of action and sci-fi elements as well!)

I was very excited to read this one! Joseph Evan’s YouTube tutorials are where I began before creating my own story! - Ivy’s initial thoughts

Do you like comic books? Have you been daydreaming about gaining super powers or kicking some supervillain butt? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Glitch Girl is right up your alley!

Let me start off by saying, Glitch Girl really stands out from the usual tales we see in the featured section! The futuristic and high tech setting brings a lot of appeal! Joseph really lets his creativity shine and effortlessly immerses us into this unique world of his creation.

The MC
You play as Grace, a bad ass chick with an equally bad ass grandmother! The dynamic between grandma and granddaughter feels so touching and relatable in this tale. You will quickly fall in love with this duo!

As a main character, it’s easy to identify and empathize with Grace and her struggles. You also cannot help but feel a personal sense of triumph during her accomplishments! I find her to be a well rounded and exceptionally well written character! To some extent you can even guide her personality in dialogue based choices.

Oh, and yes, she is customizable. :wink:

The Plot

I want to avoid spoilers, so this section will be brief.

Glitch Girl hooks you right away from the prologue in episode one! I’ve noticed none of the usual Episode Featured Story Cliches :tm:. If anything, the story contains comic book/superhero story tropes in the best way possible!

One thing I noticed (and appreciated!) is the fact that the plot isn’t romance driven! The romantic aspects of this tale feel more like intriguing subplots! Which leads me to …

The Love Interests

Okay, it’s no secret that I’m thirsty AF a fan of stories with romance plots.

I appreciate how the love interests in this story are able to be appealing without being over the top macho! Who says geeky inventors can’t be sexy?

As mentioned above, the story isn’t romance driven, but the romance option(s) play important and intriguing roles!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the love interests are also customizable! Make your dream boo come true.

Choices

Dun dun duuuun! Yes, this is a featured story! You know what that means …

The dreaded gem choices!!! :scream: :scream: :scream:

In the world of featured stories, I have often found it’s kind of a crapshoot on if you’re going to get your money’s worth for choosing a gem choice.
Or worse … you are forced to pick a free choice that makes you feel like a vile piece of filth and keeps you up at night for days!

Example

Give a lady money to buy formula for her baby?
(100 gems) Of course!
(Free) NO! Spit on her shoes!

Well, I’m pleased to say that this story will not leave you disappointed! Or mortified!

The gem choices in this story were mainly cosmetic (premium clothing options) or unlocked extra “fluff” scenes that weren’t crucial to the story.

If you do choose to spend gems to view extra scenes, they feel well worth your precious gems and add a fair amount of length and interesting content to your experience.

God bless you, Joseph, for not making me spend gems to save my granny! :joy:

Screenshot

In conclusion!

I genuinely love this story and cannot wait to read more! It’s not just unique for the featured section, it is a unique tale on this app as a whole!

Have any of you read Glitch Girl? What were your thoughts?

7 Likes

troublemaker 1&2