Question about gems?

So do authors have a choice to put the “gem question) at the end of their stories or does episode automatically do it for them?
Asking this because this one author story I’m reading; every time she releases a new chapter it says “do you want to wait 6 or 8 days to read the new chapter or do you want to pay gems to read the new chapter”

1 Like

I don’t know, but I feel like the author is the one who decides to add that choice, considering it has only happened to me once.

and I took it off my faves 🥲

4 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is Episode-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Authors themselves code it in, they can determine the amount of gems as well

1 Like

For the feature you’re seeing Episode most likely asked that particular author if they would allow them to test the “wait 6-8 days thing”.

The support the author thing can be put by the author but the waiting cannot.

1 Like

So episode can’t do the “6 to 8 day thing” without their consent? And the author does have a choice to say no? Because the author I’m talking about she’s saying she has no ideal what’s going on.

To my knowledge, authors (not everyone but a select group) were asked (I think episode emailed them) wether they’d like to included in this new feature or not. So the authors did get chance to opt in/out if they wanted :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.