Question about length of episodes?

So, I had an idea of a Christmas story, a few days ago and I wanted to complete it in 3 episodes. The new contest LDR fit perfectly into my story and I am for sure entering! The problem I have now is trying to fit my story in 3 episodes and I don’t really want to have more. from what I have written so far, the first episode is the longest and I’m thinking it could take 20-35 minutes to read. Ideally, I think episodes should normally be around 10-15 minutes but bearing in mind the whole story is going to be in three parts, do you think it’s okay to have a longer episode.

2 Likes

It’s technically okay, but honestly I wouldn’t recommend it. Especially for a contest. The 10-12 minute mark is good for a contest. I’m just confused about why it’s important to end it in three episodes? You could still publish all 4 or 5 chapters at the same time if you wanted to publish it completed.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do it either. I personally prefer stories with maximum chapter length of 15 minutes. Why don’t you want to make it more episodes?

1 Like

Yeah, I guess you’re right. But the Long Distance relationship doesn’t come in until episode 2 and I have so much involved in the first episode. I don’t really know why just three episodes. I just don’t want to drag it on too much but I’m guessing I’m doing that anyway with long-ass episodes :joy:. I’m just worried I won’t be able to fit the LDR in the first three episodes.