Question about Limelight and Ink Characters

The webstie will make you choose between the styles, when you first create a character.

1 Like

Keys to creating a multi-style story:

1. It is a glitch in the system. As it is a glitch, Episode does not promote it.
They have fixed the glitch that allows you to do this.
Unless you have an older Episode portal account, you will not be able to do it.
I donā€™t know the time frame; but have a friend with two accounts and she can do it on her old account, but not her newer one.

2. There are a few draw-backs to creating a multi-style story.
Whatever your default character type is, you can only create new outfits for that style.
In order to create new outfits for a different style, you have to create a new character.
Coding for animations for each style is completely different. As the story has all three styles, there is no prompt for the right code. The animation catalog only has Ink and Limelight, so my solution for the classic is using the character animation guide in the portal.

3. Episode has said that they may fix the glitch later and is unsure if it will affect already published stories. There is a risk in creating a multi-style story that it will become unplayable in the future.

SOā€¦ Now that we got that out of the way.
How to make a multi-style story?

As I said, it is a glitch in the portal. You have to bypass the creation of characters when starting a story.
1. Start a new story.
2. Give it a title.
3. When prompted to select character style; select Ink, DO NOT accept the style.
4. Once you have selected Ink, go to the URL.
It should look similar to this:
https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/story/nameofstory
You must change the word character to: Outfit
https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/outfit/nameofstory
This will take you to the outfit screen
5. Make an outfit for at least two different styles of characters. I havenā€™t played around enough to know if which style you select first determines what the default style of character is in outfit creation.
6. Once you have made outfits, go to the character screen, and the different style of characters should all be there to choose from.

In PBMTSGLD, my default female is LL and my default male is Classic. To make clothing for Ink characters, or female classic characters (there are no LL males) I had to create a new character and change the existing character into this new characterā€™s ā€œdefaultā€ clothing.
@CHAR1 changes into CHAR2_default

Hope this helps.
Like I said, it can be a big pain, but looks cool and can be fun.

3 Likes

I know, itā€™s possible!

1 Like

That is a horrible title ijs

1 Like

Of course it isā€¦ itā€™s a Parody.
It is meant to make fun of all the cliche stories on Episode.
ieā€¦
Not Another Teen Movie
Scary Movie
Space Balls
Austin Powers
Vampires Suck
Monty Python
etc etc etc

Is it published?

It is! Worth of reading :joy: so funny!

Ya I finally finished mine and havenā€™t got a single view on it. Iā€™m really depressed. I put the link almost everywhere before getting pinch as spam and still no one is reading. I know im a noob creator on here but wtf

Yes, it was entered in the H&V creator contest. Not enough choices to have a chance. But I wrote it more for myself than anything.

1 Like

what is the link?

The link is right below the cover, but here it is again.

Join my discord and add the link there plz https://discord.gg/BbaK4dr