Question about the content guidelines of Episode | SOLVED

Hi, I’m brand new to Episode and am currently writing my first story. :hugs:
A while ago, a girl wrote to me on Instagram, whose story was first published and then withdrawn by Episode, because it apparently violates their ccontent guidelines. I’m really confused now because I don’t think she wrote anything bad. - Example: she was bleeding from the head and had some cuts.

My story is about a gang and logically I put swear words in there or just things that such a gang boss might say. Something like, “If you don’t shut the fuck up right now, I’m going to cut your ears off!”

Is that too violent? Do I need to rewrite that somehow?
But a scene like that really only happens rarely and is not the focus. It’s more about the love affair between the boss and his girlfriend, who has nothing to do with gang life. :thinking:

So, to shorten my question: Can I include such things in the story, or do I have to rewrite it and am I allowed to make hints like - “Just the thought of what I would do with her if I had the time” - Or is that forbidden?

→ At the beginning of each chapter, of course, I put a warning so that the reader can decide if he wants to read the story or not.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long text. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I really don’t feel like posting my story and then having it taken away, cause of the content guidelines. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If you use swear words you need to censor the word. e.g. b*tch

1 Like

Here are the guidelines so you can check things out

Anyway, Episode will notify you after they review your story and will give you some time to make the changes they deem necessary if something violates the guidelines

2 Likes

Ah, okay, but I’m allowed to use swear words in general? The problem is that I’m going to publish the same story again in German and you can’t censor swear words there… :tired_face: :weary:

Well, u need to censor all cusses. However, if u have excessive threats like this ^ that’s excessive violence n ur story could get flagged. If so, episode will contact u abt changing certain stuff n then u’ll b fine. Idk what exactly’s in ur story but Ik that episode won’t just remove ur story, unless it’s rlly bad so I wouldn’t worry too much.

1 Like

I know the guidelines of Episode, but I just don’t know if these sentences don’t already violate them. :no_mouth:

And yes I know I’ll get time to fix this, but the girl I wrote to has fixed the errors and hasn’t received a reply in three days. Her story can no longer be found. :sweat:

Phew, that’s a relief. Thanks in any case! Okay, then I’ll just modify this thing and hope for the best. :blush:

Hey! So i got the same problem because i used bastard without * and now i get a content guideline issue and i am super confused what to do like i already changed the mistake but do i need to update it again or send them a mail to let them know that i changed it? Please reply :frowning_with_open_mouth:

If you already fixed the issue, you should send them a ticket explaining that to them!

Thanks for your reply! I did send them reply mail saying i fixed it but I’m confused about do i need to update my story too? I’m sorry if I’m making it hard for u i am very new to this that’s why i am getting confused :joy:

1 Like

No worries, I understand! if you haven’t updated your story after you made the changes, then yes you need to update in order for the changes to appear! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks so much :hugs:

1 Like

You’re welcome :smiling_face:

1 Like