Question about topics on story updates

Hi, everyone.

I have seen a few threads where authors use it for the sole purpose of sharing their story’s updates and answering readers’ questions. I’m wondering if they really work or are useful.

Do you have one? Are you planning on making one? Do you think they’re necessary? Do they actually work (in terms of getting reads)?

I know some people prefer Instagram, but there are some things you can only do with Forums, I guess?

3 Likes
  1. At the moment, I don’t have a thread on something like this. But maybe I will, since I don’t know how to work Instagram, and I also don’t want to get in trouble by my mom for using it.
  1. Maybe I will make one once I finally publish my story (of course, after I get the backgrounds and overlays needed for it. Also, I need to feel in the mood to continue writing).
  1. Only if you have no social media and want attention from readers or users that have no social media, in my opinion.
  1. That all depends on how interested in the story they really are, regarding their cover art, description, and things they offer (like CC and choices that matter)

If it was me on this idea, I’d have to choose carefully.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

I’m also thinking of maybe making one myself, but I’m unsure if people like those kinds of those things or read them lol. They seem fun to do.

And good point about eye-catching covers and descriptions.

1 Like

Thanks! I also want to mention that your thread could get more reviewed with tags, probably after you make a thread about planning on publishing your story (and maybe asking for help/advice on certain things), kind of how I did on this thread:

I say “kind of” since it was only about ethnicity, but the point is still the same.

1 Like

Oh okay, cool. Thanks!

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this isn’t about story ideas or reviews. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Bump!:fist:t4:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.