Question abt non-binary partners

Hi!

So in my story I want one of the MC’s sister to have a non-binary partner. Someone cisgender may want to be called “girlfriend” or “boyfriend” and I’m just wondering if there’s a term like that for non-binary people. I did some research and found “enbyfriend”? So yeah basically what terms could I use for the sister to refer to her partner as?

4 Likes

I think just partner would work. :thinking:

I have found this site that might be useful -

3 Likes

Great thank you!!

Hey!! I’m non-binary! usually I just have whoever I’m dating refer to me as their partner. However, some of my NB friends prefer to be called a girlfriend or a boyfriend. But it really goes from person to person. So for me, because I’m agender, I much prefer “partner,” but i also know both “girlfriend” and “boyfriend” can be used if and only if that someone is ok with it ◡̈

4 Likes

Thank you so much, this is v helpful! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Like the others said, just partner would work fine. But I guess it depends on what the person prefers. Some don’t mind girlfriend or boyfriend, others go by enbifriend (which I think sounds kinda cute lol :relaxed:) but it’s totally up to you.

1 Like

Same haha! Thank you for the help too <3

1 Like

I’m non-binary and would be fine with someone calling me their boyfriend. Not all non-binary people are 100% gender neutral. So it really depends on the person.

2 Likes

Good to know, tysm! :white_heart: