Question: Choice for the main character to wear hijab (CC)

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum and to Episode.

I have read the description of how to allow the player to choose a hijab here (HOW TO: Add a Hijab option in CC!), but this feels kind of complicated somehow. I had another idea of how to handle this choice, but as a new author/director, I wanted some opinions on whether it would work or not.

Instead of using the template in the link above, would it be possible to instead have the reader choose this option separately, as if they were choosing a gender for their MC?

So:

label choose_appearance

NARRATOR
Choose your main character.

choice
“Female” {

NARRATOR
You will play as a woman with uncovered hair. Is that OK?

choice
“Yes” {

goto female_CC
} “No” {
goto choose_appearance
}

} “Female with hijab” {

NARRATOR
You will play as a woman who wears hijab. Is that OK?

choice
“Yes” {

goto female_limitedCC
} “No” {
goto choose_appearance
}
}

Would this work? The limited CC for the hijab option would lock hair options, and the dressing game for this choice would default to more modest options. I think for my story, it’s not important to know what the MC’s hair would look like without hijab, so it’s not important for the player to choose hair at all.

Do I have to use gains for this choice, if the decision does not affect the storyline aside from the dressing games? hm, I guess I do, if it affects those games, right?

I’m a bit confused as to how to test a template like this without potentially messing up the script I’ve already written. How do you guys safely test your new templates?

Yep! It will work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you <3
I’m really happy!

1 Like

Yeah, you should use gains.

You can reset a gain in the web previewer by going to story modifiers -> flags (I think). Then you just click on the gain you want to remove. The pink ones you don’t have and the gold you do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.