Question for Writers! (Preferably if you're experienced but idm!)

Hiii! I hope you’re all doing well.

I just wanted to ask for a little advice on my story.

I’ve been writing my story for a long time but only have 4 chapters complete (all overlays and backgrounds have been approved)

Should I publish it now with “More chapters to come”? I don’t want to write the whole story and no one ends up reading it :frowning:. But I don’t want no one to read it because it’s incomplete!

I’m not considering writing like 20+ chapters. I was hoping to write a slightly shorter one so the plot doesn’t get too boring.

Sienna :heart:

Personally I like to publish with my story ongoing, that way you’re reads will go up at a more “normal” pace + you can build a bit of a fan base by not publishinh all at once. Your story will most likely trend for longer too as when you update ranking is sure to go up.

All down to personal preference really (:

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this isn’t about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

If I were u I would publish 4 chaps at a time because it’ll be easier If u wanna change the plot along the way but everyone is different… :heart:

1 Like

I’d say to publish them on a regular basis, but not all at once. And I would probably complete maybe 70% of the story before publishing, which I know is dreadful. But I would rather do that, than creating a story and the end up discontinuing it or lose interest in writing it (which would only hurt the readers who actually liked your story).

That way you would have most of the job done and would still make it possible to build a fanbase as well as letting your readers voice their thoughts and opinions about the story. Also making it possible to alter some things as you go if you want it.

But maybe that’s just me :sweat_smile: :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Well, I have been a writer for mode then 1 year now lol…
and I do think you shouldn’t publish a completed story all at once

bcz of these reasons

• it may give your story some little glitches.
  • it wont be a longggg popular story as it always top up your rank if all readers wait for your next update and when u update it always get up
  • you can change some little things in plot as you want with time.
1 Like

Great! Thank you! x

1 Like

My recommendation as a writer on episode and elsewhere, is to release gradually. But if you’re unsure about when you will be able to get another episode out, attempt to always remain one ahead.

By this I mean, if you start off with 4 episodes completed… publish the first 3, which is episode’s minimum requirement, and save the 4th whilst you work on the 5th.
Once you’ve finished the 5th release the 4th and so on.

That way, people won’t have to wait extra long lengths of time between updates.
It can be helpful in giving you more time to focus.

2 Likes

Do you think it’s likely my story will still get reads even with just 3 episodes out?

Yes. There’s literally tens/hundreds maybe of stories on the app with only 3 episodes published, and they get reads.
As long as you have a story that will lure in readers, and have put effort into having an appealing cover and description, then people will come to it.

If you upload the entire completed story on an app like this, it will be drowned by the number of other stories and it will become invisible. Even if you want to write the entire thing first, always upload in single episodes or small batches, because an entire story being dropped at once, won’t show up for long, then you have no more material to keep it showing on the app.

If you are a first time writer on episode, try and build up some anticipation for your story, you can also try and gain some readership beforehand by doing other things, like entering contests whilst you work on your story. Contests are great practice and also get your name out there as people tend to browse contest entries. So it’s worth thinking about.

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you so much this was a massive help!

1 Like

No problem :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.