Question for you guys!

Hii! What are your opinions on choices? Would you prefer a story with no choices or a story with choices? If you picked choices, would you rather have the choices just be there or actually have an effect on the story? Please let me know!! <3

2 Likes

I personally like choices that have an effect to the story :relaxed:

2 Likes

I think adding choices in your story can be fun because it lets the reader have a bit more “freedom” if you will, to chose/do what they want. Though adding choices can sometimes take lots of time/effort for the person writing the story (sorry if that made no sense). I like having options but I also like when you just read a story and that’s it, Y’know?

2 Likes

I don’t mind to be honest. As someone whose written stories where choices mater it’s time
consuming and makes writing less enjoyable so my stories will have limited choices in the future i think

1 Like

like that too!

1 Like

I think choices are a good option, to keep the readers involved! :relaxed:
Especially when they effect the story!

2 Likes

I totally agree with @epi.sophia. I love to read stories with choices, but as an author I know it takes time to fit choices in a story. It’s the authors choice to make a story with choices or not. Just a reminder → we call this game Episode Interactive for a reason. Those choices are there to interact with the reader. But to be honest, I still like to read stories where you don’t have choices and/or don’t have CC. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi! I prefer stories with no choices. Idk what is wrong with me, because it seems like everyone like them, but I don’t even like to choose a name, or I can even live without a CC :eyes:

2 Likes

i think a little mix of both. like choices that are important but also just ones that aren’t as important but kinda are at the same time? idk if that makes sense :joy::joy:

4 Likes

I prefer stories with choices because I think it makes the story interactive and it keeps readers more interested in my opinion. Although I do understand if writers don’t want choices to have a big affect on their story; in that case I still think it’s nice to include smaller choices on dialogue so readers can still be apart of the story but it doesn’t have to change what the author wants to happen :blush:

2 Likes

I feel like episode was originally based on the choices set up. Hence one reason episode originals have choices.
I strongly believe that if a story is to have choices they aren’t meaningless like oh what outfit should I wear today kind of thing. That is ok if it affects the story later on, but for no reason feels pointless.
I like choices, yes. For me if you only put choices in to say you have choices and they don’t contribute to the plot then why bother. For the stories that specifically choices matter, those are the stories I like to read. I am fine if they don’t have any choices, I wasn’t before but it’s grown on me. The story is how the author imagined it and it’s like a tv show.

2 Likes

Same!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

I prefer it either way. However, I always favor stories with choices mainly because it’s what makes Episode different from TV shows.
Community authors would be able to code and write stories of their own, which separates Episode from other storytelling platforms. Interactivity in Episode is unrivaled.
As for the effects of the choices… I like a bit of both: choices that don’t mean too much to the plot and choices that can affect outcomes.
I’d say it’s the variation of the choices, its orientation, and branching that makes community stories much more interesting: you never know what you may stumble across.
My advice for choices: keep its branches short and steady. As the longer you write in a single branch, the more you’ll have to write in another branch.