Question to authors

How do you plan the middle parts of your stories?Like I have major plots planned and I know how the story will end and what my story is about but in the middle parts is where I struggle the most because I don’t know how to write those scenes or way I want them to play out

5 Likes

Filler scenes are great for character/relationship development. You can use these to show more personal dialogue between the characters – which will help readers connect better with them.

You don’t even have to reveal some sort of traumatizing backstory or anything, but just showing the characters weird likes/dislikes, pet peeves, etc. will make them more relatable.

I hope that helps!

6 Likes

I usually write different scenes that help build the relationships between characters, and help readers know more about each characters individual personality. Like @lizawrites was saying, filler scenes are a great to use. You could try coming up with different birthdays for them to celebrate, cool trips, sleepover, etc.

4 Likes

You can build around the big plot points, go back a day before the event or a week, a month, or even add another smaller plot point before/after the major plot point and create scenes to develop your character(s) and their relationships as mentioned above : D

You can also write down some things you want to happen with your character(s) in between the major plot points

2 Likes

You could also write a scene to show that time is passing. Like an event. For example Halloween or Christmas.

1 Like

Thank you :gift_heart:

1 Like

Okay thanks :relaxed:

1 Like

Well, as you know every story has a beginning, a middle, and an end. Now the middle is the longest yet trickiest part, and to figure out the middle of your story, you’ll have to write down multiple ideas, and here’s how I suggest you do that. Set a beginning and an end for each episode you plan, and when you figure out what to do for the middle, write down as many ideas as you can for it, and I suggest that you do at least four pages of ideas for the middle. That’s what I typically do when I plan a story. But anyway, don’t hesitate to ask me any questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.