QUESTION! - What Portal Is More Accurate, Laptop Or Phone?

I have a important question? What portal is more accurate. My laptop or my phone. I just coded my intro and warnings scene. Which uses a lot of overlays and advanced coding. On my laptop everything is so perfect and running smoothly. And on my phone It’s a mess. The overlays are showing up when there not meant too. The opacity isn’t working right. And it’s so frustrating. Because I don’t know if its fine or not.

1 Like

there could be bugs when you preview it in the app, would you like me to test it out for you?

Yess!! I face this too. Everything works perfectly fine in my laptop but then there are glitches in the mobile app. I dk why too.

2 Likes

Personally, I use laptop as it’s easier to code since it’s very flexible, I can pull up multiple tabs while I’m writing my story without having to exit the entire thing. It’s personal preference but if you’re having a hard time coding on mobile, laptop is probably the best way to go.

1 Like

mobile. the most accurate is the mobile.

that I think most do. but the script works a little bit diffrent on mobile. always read your story through on mobile before you publish.

also i dont think she means code on mobile. but you can see you story on the app. she is talking about app prewiew how its different sometimes.

1 Like

From my experience with my first story, I previewed several times in laptop and also in mobile app. Everything is fine. But I got feedback from readers about the mistakes in pans and zooms. After many more times previewing again and again, finally I see it.

2 Likes

Ah, well in that case I usually use the previewer, then I’d go and check on my phone to make sure it matches up.

2 Likes

Yeah the thing is though! There’s no mistakes in my script everything is perfect. It’s just when I go on my mobile to preview everything is a mess, the overlays show up before there suppose too. And I contacted episode for help because I thought it was a glitch as everything is fine on my laptop. But they weren’t very useful :frowning:

1 Like

I personally prefer laptop too! Even tho my laptop is the slowest thing ever :confounded:

1 Like

The app/mobile is the most accurate place to preview your story because that’s how your readers will see it when they play your story. If something doesn’t look right when previewing in the app, then you need to fix your script so that everything runs smoothly. It won’t matter if your story is perfect when testing with the web previewer. It’s the app version that you need to worry about.

1 Like

how do I do that though, when there is 0 errors in my script?

If you’re talking about coding, definitely prefer laptop over mobile. For me, on mobile, the portal does a thing where it mega zooms in every time i try to type in something and sometimes letters get randomly erased when i type.

If you’re talking about the previewer, i make sure to check the mobile previewer before updating and make sure what is seen on the phone is exactly how i want it since people usually read stories on their phone.

2 Likes

it may be because you @ instead of & on overlay create. and moveing. if you use @ it wil take 0.1 second for it to do it.

You have to check your overlay commands if your overlays are coming out glitchy. The most common mistake people make when adding overlays is using the @ sign and not adding “in 0” at the ends of the shifts, scales, and opacity commands. You need to use & sign and add “in 0” to have everything run smoothly.

&overlay BOOK create
&overlay BOOK scales to 1.0 1.0 in 0
&overlay BOOK shifts to 100 100 in zone # in 0
&overlay BOOK opacity 1 in 0

1 Like

The mobile previewer is the most accurate. I actually never use the portal previewer :see_no_evil: I code everything in the portal of course but I direct on my phone.

1 Like

I have it like that :confused:, maybe could it be, my layers are in front of opacity?

Can you show your script?