Questionnaire - What sort of stories do you like best?

I know this is a common thread, but I had a few specific questions I’d love to hear some feedback on. It would also be nice if you’d include your age range & gender, too! :woman_teacher: (I’ll probably fill this out myself eventually,)

1. What’s your favorite genre to read, and why? :memo:

2. Do you like romance to be the center of the story, or more of a background plot? (Or, there be none at all?) :couplekiss_woman_woman:

3. How do you feel about love triangles? :couplekiss_woman_woman::broken_heart::man_shrugging:

4. Classic, INK, LL…which is your favorite, and does the style being used effect your choice in whether or not you will read it? :eye:

5. Do you prefer light-hearted stories, or stories that deal with dark or otherwise serious themes? :male_detective:

6. What kinds of settings/clothing/etc would you be interested in seeing be available in the future? :woman_genie::elf::mage:

7. Are there any specific elements you absolutely cannot stand in a story? :no_good_woman:

8. How long do you prefer stories to be? (Both chapter length and overall story length) :sleeping:

9. What’s your favorite cliche? :european_castle:

10. What elements would your perfect story include? :rainbow:

Thanks for taking the time to fill this out! Cheers :sunglasses:

My favourite genre is drama/mystery
Idk but I’m not that big fan of romance stories in general
I hate love triangles
I don’t like cliches at all
I prefer stories with deep meaning and serious themes, but I also like the light-hearted one.
Hmmm I would like for Episode to realise more hair styles for INK and more clothes options
I can not stand CLICHE stories
About 10 minutes (1000-2000) lines
My favourite cliche is like MC to fall in love with “bad” boy who threated her like shit
Lol really don’t know what that means, but in general I like stories that have some kind of “meaning”

- What’s your favorite genre to read, and why? :memo:
Drama because it’s gripping and it’s interesting to read. Comedy is also my favourite genre because I like to have a good laugh lol.

- Do you like romance to be the center of the story, or more of a background plot? (Or, there be none at all?) :couplekiss_woman_woman:
Background plot.

- How do you feel about love triangles? :couplekiss_woman_woman::broken_heart::man_shrugging:
I don’t really like them. They’re a bit annoying.

- Classic, INK, LL…which is your favorite, and does the style being used affect your choice in whether or not you will read it? :eye:
INK. Yes, I will not read a Classic story, and it’s not likely I’ll read a story in LL.

- Do you prefer light-hearted stories, or stories that deal with dark or otherwise serious themes? :male_detective:
Light-hearted to distract from my real life.

- What kinds of settings/clothing/etc would you be interested in seeing be available in the future? :woman_genie::elf::mage:
More diverse hairstyles and culture clothing.

- Are there any specific elements you absolutely cannot stand in a story? :no_good_woman:
Cliche stories. :triumph:

- How long do you prefer stories to be? (Both chapter length and overall story length) :sleeping:
Chapter length: no more than 15 minutes because I usually get bored, but not under 4 minutes.
Overall story length: maybe about 30 episodes, I don’t really mind.

- What’s your favorite cliche? :european_castle:
Um, tough one lol. I like the bad boys turning good because it shows people can change, for better or for worse. :woman_shrugging:t3:

- What elements would your perfect story include? :rainbow:
Good directing, good grammar, good and original plot, good character development, good everything!

~ :snowflake:

1. What’s your favorite genre to read, and why?

I’m a big fan of horror. I don’t have a clear reason, to be honest; I just happen to enjoy it. It helps that there’s not as much of it on Episode, so it’s more likely to have a plot I haven’t read yet.

1. Do you like romance to be the center of the story, or more of a background plot? (Or, there be none at all?)

I prefer no romance at all. If there is romance, I’d rather have it be avoidable unless that’s the main genre.

1. How do you feel about love triangles?

They could be great plot elements if they’re well-written. However, they’re rarely well-written and usually just come across as cliche.

1. Classic, INK, LL…which is your favorite, and does the style being used affect your choice in whether or not you will read it?

I like INK and LL equally. The style doesn’t affect whether 'll read a story or not, and half the time I won’t even notice what style a story is in if the writing has my attention enough.

1. Do you prefer light-hearted stories, or stories that deal with dark or otherwise serious themes?

I prefer stories with dark/serious themes, but they should still have some lighter moments to balance them out.

1. What kinds of settings/clothing/etc would you be interested in seeing be available in the future?

I want more sci-fi edits. Cyberpunk and space-type stuff, preferably.

1. Are there any specific elements you absolutely cannot stand in a story?

Tokenized minority characters and the misrepresentation of serious issues bother me a lot. If you’re going to include important topics or underrepresented groups in your work, that’s great! But please do your research beforehand.

1. How long do you prefer stories to be?

I have a short attention span, so 5-10 minutes is perfect for me.

1. What’s your favorite cliche?

The real villain was someone the main character trusted all along. It’s so predictable, but can be written well enough to be completely heart-wrenching.

1. What elements would your perfect story include?

An original plot, attention to detail, three-dimensional characters, a main character with an existing name and personality instead of a blank slate, no or avoidable romance, creative directing, and unexpected plot twists

(I also missed that bit with demographics; I’m 22 and male.)

I’m an 18 year old female. :slight_smile:
What’s your favorite genre to read, and why?
Comedy. It’s light hearted, fun and helps me relax and unwind. I’m always in need of a good laugh hahahah.

Do you like romance to be the center of the story, or more of a background plot? (Or, there be none at all?)
Depends. I really like romance stories, but i’f I’m reading like an action story, I wouldn’t want the romantic elements to take over.

How do you feel about love triangles?
They can be fun sometimes, but mostly I just find love triangles to be annoying. So I’m not the biggest fan.

Classic, INK, LL…which is your favorite, and does the style being used affect your choice in whether or not you will read it?
Ink is my favorite, but I really like limelight! And Classic will always have a place in my heart, haha. The style of the story doesn’t affect whether or not i’ll read it.

Do you prefer light-hearted stories, or stories that deal with dark or otherwise serious themes?
If I had to choose, I think I prefer light-hearted stories. Maybe… Ugh idk hahahah.

What kinds of settings/clothings/etc would you be interested in seeing be available in the future?
Would love to see some tattoos and piercings! Some new school backgrounds would be nice too.
I’d also love to see some more post-apocalyptic backgrounds.

Are there any specific elements you absolutely cannot stand in a story?
When an abusive (either mentally, physically or both) male character is romanticizided.
I can’t stand the whole scenario where there’s this super hot bad boy treating a girl like she’s an object, and emotionally manipulates and tries to control her every single move, but it’s all okay because ‘‘he’s had a troubled past’’. Like no, being a sexist, emotionally manipulating pig isn’t romantic.

How long do you prefer stories to be? (Both chapter length and overall story length)
Chapter length I prefer not to be under 10 minutes, at the very least. Story length, idk. Depends on the story I guess.

What’s your favorite cliche?
Tough one. I think i’d have to say the whole “falling for my brothers best friend/roommate/idek” scenario.

What elements would your perfect story include?
Lots of LGBTQ+ representation, good directing, a developed plot, diverse characters with developed personalities, MC designed by the author and not named and customized by the reader, lots of drama, romance, suspense, cliff hangers, laughter and a shitload of tears.

What’s your favorite genre to read, and why?

Fantasy / Mystery

Do you like romance to be the center of the story, or more of a background plot? (Or, there be none at all?) :couplekiss_woman_woman:

I prefer it in the background

How do you feel about love triangles? :couplekiss_woman_woman::broken_heart::man_shrugging:

they are annoying

Classic, INK, LL…which is your favorite, and does the style being used effect your choice in whether or not you will read it? :eye:

I like ll and Ink but I need a really good story for me to read classic!

Do you prefer light-hearted stories, or stories that deal with dark or otherwise serious themes? :male_detective:

I don’t care!

What kinds of settings/clothing/etc would you be interested in seeing be available in the future? :woman_genie::elf::mage:

Are there any specific elements you absolutely cannot stand in a story? :no_good_woman:

When they have no cliffhangers

How long do you prefer stories to be? (Both chapter length and overall story length) :sleeping:
about 10 min! 15 - 25 episodes

What’s your favorite cliche? :european_castle:

murder!

What elements would your perfect story include? :rainbow:

Mystery

Thanks for taking the time to fill this out! Cheers :sunglasses:

1. I like Fantasy with Funny Characters.
  2. I prefer Romance to be the background of the plot, or preferably, none at all. I tend to try and destroy relationships in romance stories.
  3. I believe Love Triangles are good, except when one side is overly jealous.
  4. Limelight is my favorite because I can always look forward to updates. I don’t mind what style the story is in if it’s good.

1. Light-hearted, I’m to weak for dark and serious themes lmao.
  2. I would love to see Goth / Emo, and Egyptian.
  3. Strippers.
  4. I like stories that are about 20ish episodes, and about 10 minutes in length.

1. My favorite cliche are Chosen One cliches <3
  2. My perfect story would include alot of ‘hitting’ the forth wall. lmao.

1. What’s your favorite genre to read, and why?

Favorite genre is action because I love to read fight scenes and reading about characters with
superpowers, like males and females with superstrength is enjoyable :joy:

1. Do you like romance to be the center of the story, or more of a background plot?

Reading wise, I don’t mind a little romance-very little, not too much, and having none at all is good too. Not a fan of romance movies lol.

1. How do you feel about love triangles?

Depends- how does the author show it? Also, if there is a love triangle, hopefully it takes up very few scenes- not too much love!

1. Classic, INK, LL…which is your favorite, and does the style being used effect your choice in whether or not you will read it?

My fav is ink (ok I’m falling in love with Limelight though) but I’ll read in any style. The story plot and character development are the most important things in a story to me.

1. Do you prefer light-hearted stories, or stories that deal with dark or otherwise serious themes?

I prefer reading dark, sinister, serious themed stories but hope they have a light-hearted happy ending.

1. What kinds of settings/clothing/etc would you be interested in seeing be available in the future?

More clothing from different cultures, cool new settings like a diner, more non-human shades. Ok, there’s a lot of stuff I’d like to see XD

1. Are there any specific elements you absolutely cannot stand in a story?

Pregnant, bad boys (I mean like serial killer, ruthless mafia ones), etc.

1. How long do you prefer stories to be?

5-10 mins for each episode and around 20-30 episodes. Yep, I like 'em short.

1. What’s your favorite cliche?

When you’re about to kiss your crush and the dang phone rings-nooooo!!! Jk jk…in a story where an anonymous person is sending you threatening messages…

1. What elements would your perfect story include?

Option for male MC/ female MC, action, witches, lots of interactive choices, etc.

Ok, loved this! It was fun to answer <3

Much Love :heart:

I don’t really have a favorite genre although I can always go for a short mystery story.

I think it’s cute to have other romance couples and I think it’s always great for the MC to have someone as well, but sometimes when the MC has no romantic relationships it can be really effective. Also gay couples are also great to have in a story because

1. Gay couples exist.
    These are just thoughts. I don’t really judge a story for the amount of romantic relationships it has, if it’s well written I’ll read it.

Ughhhhhhhhh love triangles. I get it. You want to give the reader the choice. But most the time the reader forgets which one’s which! That can really suck when the beginning of an episode says “So what will it be? _____ or _____?” And then of course the readers note pops down saying “Reminder: This will determinate who you will end up with.” Then you panic and check the author’s insta so you can see which one’s which. It’s really not fun for the reader. It makes us nervous.

I love LL because it’s the “new thing” I don’t like waiting for updates though. But I honestly can’t wait for the things they are planning! Seriously. I used to read INK all the time but I stopped when my favorite story stopped getting updates about a year ago. I figured that most authors would be writing in limelight so now I only read limelight. Classic? Yeah I tried to read a classic story 3 years ago. I just couldn’t. It drove me nuts.

I like stories that deal with the dark/serious themes because sadly they are part of the world we live in. Light-hearted stories can be great, but I seem to get bored of them.

I think different body shapes so our characters can be more diverse. I love the things they are planning on for LL, but I would also like more clothing options as well. I’m guessing the body shapes won’t happen because then they have to program so many more things. But I’m still going to hope!

Oh and also more food options please! I love food but, donuts, pizza, bagels and the same old sandwich isn’t something I’d want to eat 24/7 so let’s not make our poor characters eat it.

I can’t stand the stories that go like this:

MC goes to party/club/bar.
MC meets “hot” guy.
MC ditches friend and sleeps with guy.
MC days later she throws up.
Friend buys her a pregnancy test.
MC doesn’t believe she’s pregnant. (LIKE GIRL! YOU’RE IN A EPISODE STORY!)
MC goes to check on test.
MC looks supprised.
~Episode ends
-1 pass
Watches 2 adds~
MC ends up being pregnant

I don’t understand how it happens in almost EVERY story!
It’s like condoms and birth control don’t exist.
I don’t even understand it anymore…

I don’t really care how long a story is. As long as it’s well written I’m happy.

I don’t really have a favorite cliche…

My perfect story would probably be in LL with a MC that acts like a “plastic” (Mean Girls) But really she suffers from depression from constantly trying to be someone she isn’t. She would also worry about her appearance 24/7. Then she would meet this guy and they would become best friends over time. This guy would be insecure and he would just want to make her life perfect. They would have no romantic relation but from time to time he would get jealous of her boyfriend. There would probably be a sad ending. One that would make me cry. I don’t know why this would be the perfect story. Maybe because it’s different?

If anyone would actually like to write a story like that with me please feel free to email me at amadelyn0020@gmail.com

1. What’s your favorite genre to read, and why? :memo:
My favorite genres to read are sci-fi and fantasy. I use reading as a way to escape from the real world and how dark it actually is. I want a little magic in my life. Something that makes me have that feeling I’ve been missing sine I was a child. I love high fantasy the most, but I usually read most types of fantasy. And sci-fi is another that I adore. There’s so much to explore out there.

2. Do you like romance to be the center of the story, or more of a background plot? (Or, there be none at all?) :couplekiss_woman_woman:
I don’t mind if romance is in the story, or if it’s not. I just don’t like it being the center of the story honestly. I can’t read JUST romance stories. Fantasy romance? Sure. Sci-fi romance? Okay! Mystery romance? I’m on it. But… just romance? The only time I’ll read just romance is the rare rom-com. But it truly has to be a romantic comedy, not just two funny lines and the rest be drama and angst.

3. How do you feel about love triangles? :couplekiss_woman_woman::broken_heart::man_shrugging:
Never liked them. Even in real books. My usual genre I read is Young Adult and it’s RIFE with love triangles and I hate them even there. Unless it’s less a love triangle and more the girl growing and learning that your first relationship isn’t always your end relationship, then I try to avoid them. I honestly can say that I almost despise them on Episode. They’re even worse here. But I can say that love triangles is that ONE trope for me. Everyone has that one trope that they absolutely cannot stand. lol

4. Classic, INK, LL…which is your favorite, and does the style being used effect your choice in whether or not you will read it? :eye:
Ink is my favorite, but I will read Limelight and Classic. I won’t actively LOOK for those two genres. But if somebody I know that has good tastes or similar tastes in story recommends them, then I’ll give them a try. Also when Episode has competitions, I try to read contest entries no matter the style. However, to me, Ink is the best. I HATE LL’s actions. That punching action literally makes me want to punch THEM. I cringe so hard. And the Classic men make my eye twitch, it doesn’t stop me from reading them though.

5. Do you prefer light-hearted stories, or stories that deal with dark or otherwise serious themes? :male_detective:
Light hearted for sure! Honestly, my life sucks. And with my depression and anxiety I can’t deal with a lot of the dark themes that authors want to write about. Depending on how dark they go, I can read some dark themes, but there are others (I’ve heard Fragile Bonds is FANTASTIC and I love the author’s other works) I just can’t bring myself to read it. It’s too much for me. I have this issue where I feel TOO much, and I get too sucked in and I’ve learned the hard way before not to read depressing or dark stories.

6. What kinds of settings/clothing/etc would you be interested in seeing be available in the future? :woman_genie::elf::mage:
Oh my goodness! SO many! There’s so many historical periods they could do! (Medieval all over the world for one! So Medieval Europe, and Medieval Asia. They could do Neolithic, Romans, Gauls, Celts, Vikings. Native Amerindian, Islander.) We could use MORE fantasy for sure. Some ACTUAL Sci-fi clothes! Cyberpunk! 70’s! 60’s! 50’s! 40’s! I mean, it’s literally just an endless list of things they could add.

7. Are there any specific elements you absolutely cannot stand in a story? :no_good_woman:
Romanticized gangs and the like. A murderer is a murder, stop sugar coating it. Nerd transformations where they shame girls for not showing more skin and for showing interests in things like video games and school. If a girl is going to change her style and wardrobe, make it because she wants to, not because she wants to be noticed by a guy. There’s nothing wrong with changing your style, but I hate how a girl will change so much of herself for a man. That in teenage stories, adults are always useless. ESPECIALLY the parents. When I had a bully problem in middle school and my personality and daily life started to suffer for it, you damn well BET my mother was there for me. That woman was my best friend and she made sure that we did something about it. That our tiny school took notice and DID something. I understand that not everybody has a great relationship with their parents, but according Episode, it seems like ALL parents suck. My mom always was and always will be my best friend. Nobody could take her place (RIP).

8. How long do you prefer stories to be? (Both chapter length and overall story length) :sleeping:
Overally, as long as it’s usually 30 or under, I’m good. It’s when we start to get into the 40 chapters range and all that I become a little daunted. I feel like it’s VERY hard to write a story that long and not actually have it being dragged out. There are author’s who are capable (Look at Genevieve with Dripping Mascara) but not everybody has that talent I think. As for chapters, I have a very short attention span and am usually very busy. So 10-15 is my preferred length. Anything longer and I have to exit out. I can’t do it.

9. What’s your favorite cliche? :european_castle:
Happily Ever After! I’m totally a sucker for happy endings. When they end on such a sweet note, it lifts my spirit and makes me smile. That even through all the hardships, hope is still alive and everything is possible. It gives me a feeling and a note of hope and happiness. I also like The Chosen one trope/cliche. And I’m a sucker for a well written werewolf/animal shifter story. But That’s in published stories. I don’t like the ones on here. :see_no_evil:

10. What elements would your perfect story include? :rainbow:
The main thing for me (I could think of several for this category) that what REALLY matters to me is fantastic characters and character development. I want characters I can understand and some I can relate to. I want to see them grow and turn into whoever they’re supposed to turn into. I want details and realism. I just want GREAT characters. Stories, to me, have always been about the characters. The setting could be absolutely interesting and mesmerizing, the plot can be out of this world. But without characters I find myself drawn to, it seems bland almost. Like its missing something.

I also really just wanna read about witches from New Orleans. But that’s on a personal level.

PHEW! That was a lot! Thanks for making this! So many interesting answers! :heart:
Forgot to add, but I’m a 26 year old female. :see_no_evil: