Questions About Customization & Art Scenes

Hey everyone! I’m writing a story where there are art scenes, but also full cc, and I will be giving the option to skip the art scenes. Note that not all art scenes will be romance related. I don’t really want to do one of the menus screen things but it makes sense for some of my questions, and I know people like them…I’ll ask anyways. For now please vote on the polls below and if you have anything else to add or some tips feel free to comment :slight_smile: There are multiple ones below!! :red_light:

I may come back and add new polls as I think of them

Should I include the green and blue skin tones for the cc? This is not a fantasy story, but I don’t want to take away the option if someone wants it.
  • Yes, keep the blue and green skin tones
  • No, don’t keep them
  • I usually chose blue when cc is available
  • I usually chose green when cc is available
  • I don’t pick the blue or green skin tones when cc is available
0 voters
Do you prefer the all the characters cc at the beginning of the episode or as you meet them during the episode? Note: There is the mc, and 2 Li
  • Beginning, I don’t like interruptions
  • As we meet them in the story
  • Doesn’t matter
  • Just create one of those menu screen things
0 voters
One of the Li is female, would it be worth adding the option for a masc vs fem style for her? (MC is female)
  • Yes, add the option!!
  • No, not worth it
  • Doesn’t apply to me
0 voters
How often should I let readers re customize characters?
  • Every episode (just do a menu screen thing)
  • Every 2 episodes
  • Every 3 episodes
  • Every 4 episodes
  • Every 5 episodes
  • As we get feature updates
  • Only once (but update the original cc as new features roll out)
0 voters
When should I ask if readers want to see an art scene?
  • Beginning of each episode (menu screen thing, make it like a setting you can turn on/off)
  • Beginning of episodes that have art scenes
  • When the art scene comes up in story
0 voters
How to you like your art scene descriptions to be? (comment more below if you chose other)
  • Detailed
  • Short & Sweet
  • Explain emotions of MC
  • Explain emotions of Li (if applicable)
  • Pan around art scene slowly
  • Pan around scene then zoom out
  • Zoom in on areas that are being described (ex hand on shoulder, zoom on it)
  • Other
0 voters
What are some reasons you may skip an art scene? (comment more below if you chose other)
  • Too long/boring
  • Doesn’t match my characters
  • Don’t need/like the descriptions
  • Too slow moving (panning and zooms)
  • Other
0 voters

Thanks in advance! <3

3 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks! @Sydney_H

1 Like

Adding another two!

Do you mind if the Main character’s are not customizable but you get your own character to customize with a decent role?
  • That’s fine!
  • No, I want to cc the mc.
0 voters
What do you think of a gems to not see art scene? I’m thinking because the art scene I would be usuing would be commissioned and I’d want everyone to see it.
  • Good idea.
  • Don’t do that.
0 voters

One thing that I think is really good about art scenes is that they give the reader a break from staring at the same animations over and over again. Especially if it is a romantic scene, the same kissing animation combined with lines and lines of description gets really dull. Meanwhile, an art scene gives readers something new to look at.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.