Questions about your likes on Episode

QUESTIONS ABOUT EPISODE LIKES AND DISLIKES

I’m writing a story on Episode and I need help deciding what kind of stuff to put in it. I’ve put together a few questions - if you wouldn’t mind answering them that would be great and it would really help me to put together some more ideas based on your likes, it would also help me to avoid some dislikes :face_with_monocle:
If you want to just answer a couple questions - that’s great too, even a couple questions answered will help.

Q1 What is your fave genre of story?

Q2 Are you a fan of comedy in the story? How much - a little bit to lighten it up? Lots of it to make you giggle out loud? Or none at all and keep it serious?

Q3 How do you feel about Romance in a story?

Q4 Do you prefer stories with a chosen gender, or stories that allow you to pick one?

Q5 What is your least fave genre of story?

Q6 What would be a complete off put and cause you to leave a chapter without ending it?

Q7 Do you enjoy stories that show stereotypical things - such as high school students -, tolerate them, or hate them?

Q8 How do you feel about bad grammar?

Thank youu x
Angelina :yellow_heart:

9 Likes

Comedy (especially romantic comedies)

Q2 Are you a fan of comedy in the story? How much - a little bit to lighten it up? Lots of it to make you giggle out loud? Or none at all and keep it serious?

I like a lot of comedy. It’s a way to lighten up and be entertained.

I would say that I enjoy romance in a story.

Q4 Do you prefer stories with a chosen gender, or stories that allow you to pick one?

I don’t really have a preference.

My least favorite genre is horror.

Q6 What would be a complete off put and cause you to leave a chapter without ending it?

I would say if it promotes a bad message or something similar.

Q7 Do you enjoy stories that show stereotypical things - such as high school students -, tolerate them, or hate them?

Not really. I can’t stand stereotypes.

Not really sure. I would like for grammar to be on point, but not everyone is fluent in English or has English as their first language.

Q1 What is your fave genre of story? Romance

Q2 Are you a fan of comedy in the story? How much - a little bit to lighten it up? Lots of it to make you giggle out loud? Or none at all and keep it serious? Yea, I like comedy. But I do lose a little of interest in a story that doesn’t have romance

Q3 How do you feel about Romance in a story? I love it! It’s my favourite genre. Especially slow burn!

Q4 Do you prefer stories with a chosen gender, or stories that allow you to pick one? I don’t mind to not choose your gender

Q5 What is your least fave genre of story? Fantasy

Q6 What would be a complete off put and cause you to leave a chapter without ending it? Classic

Q7 Do you enjoy stories that show stereotypical things - such as high school students -, tolerate them, or hate them? Depends on my mood

Q8 How do you feel about bad grammar? I don’t mind bad grammar.

1 Like

1 . FANTASY. scifi is good too but episode dont have that

1. depends . are the jokes funny. arent it jokes but just charaters doing stupid stuff. its wont laugh at that I will feel second hand embaresment.

2. I like romance. but it arent a romance story and romance take up most of the story I dont like it. romance in a non romance story should be able to be remoced with makeing a hugh change to the story. example college of eternity I love that story btw if you remove the romance like 70% of the story is gone. that shall not happen in a non romance story

3. I dont care. I am always impressed with those who made it a choice. because that is a lot of extra work

4. drama and comedy. drama mostly because they often arent that good. and comedy because most arent funny.

5. that I can give you a long list off. it can be small stuff like looks. giving black people blue eyes. use the black siluatte hair. it can also be stuff like nothing actually happening. or to much narration explaining everything and feelings. this arent a book I can see how the characters react. or spot directing mistakes. faceing the wrong way. glide into scene. not talking when talking. or continue talking when not talking.

7 nope. especially when they go out drinking which they do in 9 out of 10 stories. if you want your character to do adult stuff make her an adult.

1. I am dyslexic myself. so I dont judge stories on it. also good stories usually do have good grammar I mean they put so much work into it already so they tend put work into grammar too.
1 Like

I cant stand it.

1 Like

I love comedy, drama and romance

It’s not comedy if there’s nothing to laugh about and all serious is it :joy:

I love it

Honestly, i don’t mind

I don’t read a lot of fantasy. It has to be really good/ interesting for me to continue reading
Edit: actually, not really good. I do read some? Not my forte but I still do like some

• When the woman is seen as submissive and the male is dominant (major feminist)
  • When it sends a bad message to young readers or readers in general
  • Stereotypes and harmful profiles
  • Bad grammar! Especially ones with no periods at the end of sentences
  • Bad directing

They get stale to me. But if you can somehow make it good or unique in your own way, then maybe. I don’t want to read something when I know the ending

Fantasy. But since there are a lot of genres and subgenres that episode is missing, i’ll say: sci-fi, fantasy-comedy, fantasy-adventure, and stories in pretty much any genre that take a nuanced look at political systems such as monarchies lol

Depends. I always like at least a bit of comedy, but it depends on what the story is about, who the characters are, and what genre the story is in. If a story is in the comedy genre, I expect it to have a lot of well-intentioned humor. If the story tackles darker themes, I think humor can help lift spirits, but I would expect serious subject matter to indeed be taken seriously.

Not necessary, but I often enjoy it as a side plot, depending on how it’s done. I love the option to stay single in case I don’t like any of the romantic interests. That’s pretty rare for me though, since I only like to read stories with a solid group of characters that I really enjoy.

Well, I won’t lie I do love that authors are now giving different gender and body type choices. But not having the choice won’t stop me from reading a story. Again, if I like the character and the character is believable, then I’m not bothered either way.

Romance. It’s not like I hate it necessarily, but many of the stories don’t appeal to me. And I’m much more interested in romance as a subplot than as the main plot. But it’s certainly popular for a reason.

Love interests who turn abusive or continue to display toxic jealousy or similar traits, sexual assault used as a plot device, sometimes if I’m reading a story and there are what seem to be a bunch of filler chapters I lose interest. But the latter is less serious than the first two.

I don’t go out of my way to read stories about high school students since I’m old af and enjoy reading about characters who have more life experience. But I don’t go out of my way to avoid them either. There are plenty of stories I enjoy that involve high school or college students. Some cliche things I avoid because I don’t like them, and some cliches are pretty good at sucking me in haha.

Meh. I think it depends. If the grammar / syntax and spelling are “bad” enough that I can’t understand what’s happening in the story, then I guess that’s a turn off. But I’m not bothered by people mixing up your and you’re, etc. I can generally tell when people have proofread (or have had others proofread) and I do appreciate the extra time for that. But I’d choose some bad grammar in a good plot with likable and believable characters over perfect grammar in a story with a lot of problematic elements any day.

My favorite story genre is horror. It’s super fun and easy for me to write and I always have really good ideas for it.

I love horror-comedies, but not stories that are just comedies.

Dear god, I hate romance.

Either is fine.

I dislike romance, drama, and comedy. But I especially dislike the action stories because it’s always just some mafia gang bullshit.

Inappropriate scenes that don’t have a skip option.

I. HATE. THEM.

If it’s just one or two occasional minor mistakes then I’m okay. But if it’s extremely noticeable grammatical errors on almost every line then I don’t like it.

•I like and read them all, but I usually gravitate more towards thrillers or romance.

•Yes! And I think it depends on the kind of story, if you think adding a bit of comic relief would be a good addition.

•I think it depends on what the kind of story is. I don’t think romance should be forced into it, stories can be just as enjoyable without that.

•Chosen. But I like reading stories that are exactly how the author envisions it, meaning I also don’t often use CC unless I’m reading a “this is YOU” story.

•I don’t think I have one. I’ll give any story of any genre a shot as long as it has an eye catching cover and description.

•Exceptionally poor grammar/punctuation. And I don’t mean those who aren’t fluent in English, rather there have been many stories I’ve read that were just flat out poorly written. It makes it hard to envision each character talking when they all seem to mush together. I also won’t continue if the first episode is dedicated to only CC, if they spent half an hour introducing me to every single character, or there’s nothing interesting from the first episode. I don’t want to “read to chapter 4” to start getting into the action/main point of the story.

•Eh, it depends. Some stereotypes are overused and boring. But if it fits into your story and it’s done well, then I’m all for it.

•If theres 2-3 spelling errors each chapter or maybe a missed comma or period, I don’t care. It happens to the best of us. But as I stated before, if it’s consistent poor grammar, incomplete or run on sentences, lack of punctuation, then it’s an issue. I would recommend finding someone who would help proofread before you publish :blush:

I hope this helps and good luck with your story!!!

I think fantasy, along with thriller and comedy.

Yes! Quantity doesn’t matter, as long as it’s not the bad or forced ones which are frankly not seldom in Episode

Kind of like a spice? I’m not a fan of romance as the main genre, but a lot of the time it makes a story better. I still personally prefer none, but it’s good as a subgenre.

Allows me to pick ^^ However I do understand how challenging it is to write, so no pressure if you don’t really feel like you want to do it.

Um, romance? As the main genre, like I stated. I still enjoy some romance stories though, mostly gay ones lol

Terrible sense of humor, bad grammar and missing punctuations, when the MC narrates TMI secksual imaginations about LI.

Neutral, so tolerate? Stereotypical isn’t always tacky. It depends on the plot and character development.

Auto-exit.

• Romance or Fantasy!

• It really depends on what the story is about. If it’s about something deep or something that shouldn’t be joked about, adding comedy can be quite tasteless. :grimacing: However, in general stories I like some comedic lines to make me laugh every once in a while!

• Love it! Although, if Romance is not the genre that the story is listed under, I expect it to be a somewhat minor aspect of the story unless it’s really equally important to the other genre.

• I don’t mind to be honest. I’m equally fine reading about a female MC or a male MC.

• Horror probably?

• The whole first chapter being customisation, or when grammar is just lazy and it’s obvious the author has not put in any effort to correct it.

• I’ve read many great stories that take place during high school; I quite like them.

• :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:
1 Like

Comedy, fantasy, mystery, horror I can’t pick one

I love comedy! I’d love to have lots of it in a story, but then it won’t be funny. Comedy is funniest when done at the right moment

I usually prefer no romance in stories, or romance that isn’t love at first sight or falling for the *sshole

I don’t care about the mc’s gender, I never play as myself anyway

Romance

Bad directing, really bad spelling, cliche characters (bad boy, mean girl, best friend that forces you to go to parties)

It’s ok to put cliches in your story, but add your own twist. Don’t make it about a highschool mc that the bad boy falls for, gets her pregnant but then she gets kidnapped by the mafia for some reason???

I usually can’t finish stories with bad grammar, but a few mistakes are fine

I’m not 100% sure, but I really enjoy thrillers and mysteries. I love the suspense and adredaline it gives me.

Well I don’t really like it if comedy is the main focus of the story, but I absolutely love it when a story is funny.

I personally don’t like it that much and I would love it if there were more stories that aren’t romance based. Even when I look at mysteries, drama’s, adventures, comedies, etc the main focus still seems to be romance. I don’t mind romance in stories, but they’re often very dependant on one another and their whole personality often changes which I don’t like.

I really like it if I can pick the MC’s gender since that often means that they have a more “gender neutral” personality which I can relate to more and (unintential) sexism is also often less present in stories like these.

I would say romance since I just don’t really like it if the whole focus is on a relationship. They’re also aften pretty toxic (not all of them of course) which makes it hard to find good ones.

Pregnancies, possessive LI, ultra shy MC’s with no backbone, toxic behaviour being romantasized, bad behaviour from the MC/LI being portrayed as okay since “they can’t do any harm” and I can go on and on.

If they’re non-harmful stereotypes I don’t mind them. Like I enjoy highschool and college stories, but if the stereotypes are stuff like “Thug black person”, “gay best friend with no personality”, “bad boy that doesn’t respect people”, etc I definitely won’t continue.

Well I understand that not everyone is good at grammar and I don’t mind it if you make some mistakes here and there cause who doesn’t? But it does start to bother me if it’s continues since I see the stories as books (kinda movies idk) and I just can’t read a book with bad grammar.

I apologize for my bad English, I’m really tired :joy:
Here are my answers;

Q1: My favourite genres are romance, comedy and horror/thriller

Q2: I love comedy! It doesn’t matter to me if there are once in a while some funny moments or lots of them.

Q3: I love romance, sometimes even some cliché romances, but if it’s too predictable then I don’t like it :joy:

Q4: It doesn’t matter to me, actually.
Q5: I usely can enjoy every genre, but I read mystery stories the least.

Q6: Really bad grammar/huge mistakes in a sentence. It’s completely fine if you write a story for Episode while English isn’t your first language (it isn’t mine either), but when I most of the time can’t understand a sentence, then I’d most likely not continue reading. I also HATE it when there’s no dot at the end of every sentence or when there are no capital letters where that’s needed.
I also don’t like it when it’s too predictable or have some offensive jokes (like using depression as a joke).

Q7: To be honest, I hate most stereotypes. I recommend using uniqueness! :blush:

Q8: As I mentioned before, I cannot stand it :joy:

Hi Angelina, I hope these answers help! Good luck writing your story! :two_hearts:

Definitely fantasy! I love seeing people bring myths and legends to life.

I am a huge fan of comedy. It really depends on the genre, though. In mystery, action, or horror, I’d like just a little to lighten things up. In comedy, of course I want to giggle out loud!

I can take it or leave it. A good plot and story doesn’t need to have romance to be good.

I prefer stories that allow me to choose my gender.

Romance, at least on Episode. I’m tired of all the clichés and would love to see something new!

It depends. Most of the time I get disinterested in a story because the first chapter doesn’t draw me in. You want to write a story that hooks your readers from the start and makes them want to continue reading.

Other turnoffs: love at first sight romances, love interests who are abusive or problematic

I think common settings like high schools are totally fine as long as you do something unique with your story.

It’s a pet peeve of mine, but I will forgive the mistakes if the story and directing are compelling enough.

1 Like

Q1 What is your fave genre of story?: Romance/Drama

Q2 Are you a fan of comedy in the story? How much - a little bit to lighten it up? Lots of it to make you giggle out loud? Or none at all and keep it serious?: Yes I love to laugh while reading, I usually leave a story if the humour used doesn’t hit right.

Q3 How do you feel about Romance in a story?: I am a hopeless romantic so I love romance stories when it’s done correctly, realistically and respectfully

Q4 Do you prefer stories with a chosen gender, or stories that allow you to pick one?: No preference

Q5 What is your least fave genre of story?: I’m gonna have to say fantasy, it’s just not my niche

Q6 What would be a complete off put and cause you to leave a chapter without ending it?:

• Bad directing

• Poor humour

• Boring characters

• When sensitive topics are portrayed/written inaccurately or incorrectly e.g topics concerning mental health, race/diversity, sexuality

Q7 Do you enjoy stories that show stereotypical things - such as high school students -, tolerate them, or hate them?: I can enjoy stereotypical plots if the author is able to make it tasteful by adding their own original twist or flavour to their writing, I shouldn’t be able to predict or see where the plot going after reading the first 3 episodes.

Q8 How do you feel about bad grammar?: I can tolerate it to a certain extent but if you’re mixing up the words their, there and they’re ima have to leave. (it’s a pet peeve)
If an author mentions that their English isn’t on point beforehand I do tend to be more understanding tho.