Questions for authors/readers :)

1. What genre is your favorite?
    Mine is drama.
  2. What’s your number 1 biggest pet peeve you see in stories?
    Mine is definitely a weak, innocent girl falling for the bad boy.
  3. What’s one thing you want to see more of in stories?
    I would like to see more representations of different cultures and languages :slight_smile:
  4. Are there any overused names in stories?
    Idk if these are overused, but I see the names Dylan, Emma, Axel, Maddy
  5. Does the style of the story bother you a lot?
    I’m sorry Classic, but I’m not including you in this one. :frowning: I dislike LL’s avatars and animations, but I still read LL stories, because it’s the storyyyy that matters. But Ink is my all time favorite and I would never mind reading a story in ink. :smiley:
  6. Are there any situations or scenes that make you want to leave?
    I don’t know why, but the scene where the girl is outside the club and is getting harassed by some creepy old man and then the LI comes in to save her is getting really cliche. Also, another one is when the MC starts crying and the LI or the bad boy thinks “oh no I hate crying women” and hugs her is also very popular in stories.
  7. This is a weird question but what’s your favorite sound or music?
    My favorite music tracks that Episode has are ominous rap and dramatic ballad.
  8. CC or no CC?
    Personally, whenever given CC, I choose to do nothing, because I prefer reading the story and looking at the characters as the author imagined them.
  9. What’s the hardest part of coding?
    For me, the hardest part of coding is spit directing, because you need their placement, their size, their layers and their animations. It’s not really hard, but it is time consuming.
  10. What do you think is your strongest writing skill…does that make sense?
    I think my strongest skill in writing is incorporating my own thoughts and my own opinions into my story, so my characters morph into part of me in a way.
    These are just my personal opinions, please don’t attack me for them. <33
    Leave your answers down before!!
10 Likes

my favourite genre is comedy.

bad directing irks me.

FTM representation.

Axel, period.

not really. i enjoy reading in every style.

any scene that triggers me will immediately make me want to exit the story.

the one called “fashion techno”.

it doesn’t matter to me. but i like having no cc because the author can get more creative with describing the appearance of a character.

i don’t code very often so i don’t have answers for the other two questions.

3 Likes

This looks fun!

Comedy and soft romance

I’m sorry, but I really dislike mafias, gang leaders, vampire, CEO LI and a really weak MC

Pure, soft romance. I dislike that the MC and LI gets into physical love right away.

Hmmm… For girls: Mia, Emma and Bella. For boys: Gotta agree with you on Dylan and Axel. and Chris. As well as Sebastian (and I am guilty in this :sweat_smile:

Not really. I enjoy both ink and LL, although I strongly prefer LL for most stories, and INK are amazing for a comedy stories :laughing:

Yup! Bar scenes, immediate hookup, immediate pregnancy and the girl is so clueless, bad boys, criminals, mafias who had killed someone, yet being desired (sorry not sorry :sweat_smile:)

This question isnt weird at all. For romance, I love juvie_tenderness and whimsical_piano (not sure if I spelt that right), For comedy, I love organ_groove :laughing:. And of course for a sad one, I love dramatic_ballad too

CC or limited CC. I try to just tweak a little, as I still want to retain the main features that the author envisions.

Directing, spot placement and timing, tappables… and I can go on even more :laughing: :joy:

Putting in your emotions and maybe writing out your real-life experience, so the readers can really relate to you, especially if you narrate more on that.

My answers may not favour others. Please forgive me :sweat_smile:

4 Likes
  • What genre is your favorite?
    Romance\ Drama
  • What’s your number 1 biggest pet peeve you see in stories?
    Probably a MC that let’s other characters step on her
  • What’s one thing you want to see more of in stories?
    Other cultures and languages:)
  • Are there any overused names in stories?
    I’m not sure, but I love seeing unique names
  • Does the style of the story bother you a lot?
    Not anymore, I used to not read a story if it was INK, but after doing r4r I’ve grown to like INK
  • Are there any situations or scenes that make you want to leave?
    Really detailed sex scenes make me a bit uncomfortable, like I get it, it’s a normal thing, but I just imagine if my 12 year old self read that… I would scream
  • This is a weird question but what’s your favorite sound or music?
    I prefer to listen to music from my playlist rather than the music in stories:)
  • CC or no CC?
    Depends, sometimes I don’t like a certain hair color or something and it just distracts me, but I wouldn’t click out of a story just because they didn’t have CC.
  • What’s the hardest part of coding?
    I think when I’m doing a scene where there is a lot of people.
  • What do you think is your strongest writing skill…does that make sense?
    I learn thing pretty fast, I still learn new things but I learned the basic coding in like 2 weeks
    [/quote]
4 Likes
  1. My favourite genre is without a doubt horror!

2. Uhh my biggest pet peeve in stories would probably be the whole “I only like the nerdy character after the makeover” type of thing. And then due to everybody picking on the character while they were nerdy, they become like this mean “bad boy”.

3. I’d say one thing that would be cool to see more often in stories would be a wider range of mafias since people insist on writing mafia stories. (There are surprisingly a lot of different types of mafias and gangs.) It would aslo be cool to see more stories with more diversity!

4. To me, the names I see a lot in stories are Axel, Mercedes, Bri, and Liam

5. The style of a story doesn’t really matter to me. I don’t usually read stories in the classic style but that’s about it.

6. Situations that tend to sit poorly with me are usually scenes where the mc gets mad at another character (could be a LI) for doing absolutely nothing and then this continues on for lots of episodes.

7. The sounds would be the thud or thwack (Idk why it just makes me laugh) and music would probably be any of the rock sounding music that they have.

8. It doesn’t really matter to me. Sometimes I like when cc is included but when it’s not, I’m not bothered by it.

9. The hardest part of coding for me is doing advanced directing. It takes so much of my time and effort to keep going back and checking that the spots are correct or that they come in at the right angles, etc.

10. My strongest writing skill would probably be the personality I put into my characters, the way they act, and speak. I sometimes tend to add a tiny bit of myself into my characters such as the jokes I might make and things like that. It’s also really easy for me to come up with a scene off the bat.

4 Likes

Drama :joy::joy:

I hate it when they make cheerleaders look bad as the mean girls or arrogant football players.

I also don’t like it when the MC is so helpless and needs love to find a men. Maybe I just don’t understand love. But :joy: I also don’t like when the MC is just shy it’s nothing wrong with being shy but they also have some friends too. and a nerd everyone in the story looks at her bad or the stereotype and cliches.

I also don’t like how when the MC has so many love interest I mean 2 is fine but that’s it.

Jax, Axel, I don’t really know :joy:

More character development and diversity,
Backstories not just about the MC and LL.
I want to know about the side characters or main characters in the story besides MC and LL.

Do you know what I mean?
Because like I just want to include every important character have a role in the story.
:joy::joy::slightly_smiling_face:

Like why is always about the MC and LL let’s learn more about the mc’s best friend or any of the other side characters and there friends.

Nope, I don’t read classic anymore I’m not going to count that one. I like ink and LL but I just like LL better. But I would still read both.

But, Would I write in ink?
Well, I have previously before-- I don’t know if I will go back to writing it though.
I do like ink animation better but the outfits are lacking that’s somewhat why I like LL better outfits animation and they also update LL more sadly :disappointed_relieved::heartpulse::heartpulse:

Yeah especially with how time consuming directing is and setting the scene is hard for me.
I know the plot and everything and I write out everything but just hard to direct and it takes time. Just time consuming and stressful but I’m determined to not give up because I want to see my finished product it will turn out amazing hopefully :joy:

Music credit_2

Music slowjam

Music smoothbeat

Music stressbeat

Sound slap
Sound punch

Sound scream

Honestly I don’t really care about it anymore I used to like customization my character now I’m like just let me read the story.

I don’t care if it has CC or no CC.
I will still read it as long as the story is interesting :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and plot and everything else flows

Setting the scene and directing-- I like directing just time consuming but I just struggle with dialogue-- I don’t know I’m not good at Narrator things that’s just how I feel.
Maybe I do fine I’m just overdramatic I don’t know it’s :joy:

My is character development I’m good at writing them out and personality and everything else.

I also like doing backstories-- okay, maybe I I’m good at dialogue :joy::joy: because I like what I write-- It’s just can readers relate to it? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Same here I feel uncomfortable writing that out I’m like how do authors do it :joy::joy:

4 Likes

1. What genre is your favorite?

Ans. Mine is FANTASY.

2. What’s your number 1 biggest pet peeve you see in stories?

Ans. The mean girls always coming up to the MC whether the MC is nerdy, clothing is a bit casual, etc.

3. What’s one thing you want to see more of in stories?

Ans. More stories with diversity, life messages, relationships with family (good and healthy relationships such as siblings, parents, etc.) , no romance, more action stories, stories that raises awareness, etc.

4. Are there any overused names in stories?

Ans. Tbh, I don’t really care about characters names, but I’ll say, Logan, Ryder, Lucas, Dorian, Alex, etc.

5. Does the style of the story bother you a lot?

Ans. No, I like ALL STYLES.

6. Are there any situations or scenes that make you want to leave?

Nope, I just keep on reading. (Wait, DETAILED SEX SCENES!)

7. This is a weird question but what’s your favorite sound or music?

Ans. Tbh, I love all sounds and music.

8. CC or no CC?

Ans. I don’t really care about CC, it’s optional whether you want to add it or not.

9. What’s the hardest part of coding?

Ans. Placing your characters, and overlays the way you want them to be, animating overlays (shifting, opacity, etc.) , branching, etc. Let’s just say that you’re trying so hard to make your scenes REALISTIC.

10. What do you think is your strongest writing skill…does that make sense?

Ans. Tbh, I’m not very good with writing, because of my grammar, so I get someone to beta read to help me correct, but I do write in my own way and it’s like, “yeah, I’m doing it!” But i think I like writing background stories, and maybe funny scenes with animals.

5 Likes

I’m glad I’m not at the part where my MC and the LI are together… it’s going to be a bit awkward to write it :joy:

4 Likes

omg yes, like why, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

4 Likes

I forgot something else – I hate it when make loosing your V-Card a big deal who cares if someone doesn’t want to have sex like WTF :rage::rage::rage: it’s not a big deal – Also can we have stories like were both partners don’t wanna have sex – Like why is everyone so obsessed with it and looking at a guys hot body ?

4 Likes

What genre is your favorite?
Fantasy!

What’s your number 1 biggest pet peeve you see in stories?
Love at first sight :neutral_face:

What’s one thing you want to see more of in stories?
Slow-burn romances. Like ones that take 20+ chapters to fully develop.

Are there any overused names in stories?
Axel, Jay, Amy, Britney, Jax

Does the style of the story bother you a lot?
If we’re talking about INK and LL, then no. I will read both (however I do actually have a preference for ink). But I’m sorry Classic lovers, I just cannot bring myself to read a classic story.

Are there any situations or scenes that make you want to leave?
MC finds out she’s pregnant after the first time doing it with the LI.

This is a weird question but what’s your favorite sound or music?
My favourite music soundtrack from episode is for sure “juvie_seedy” or “music_spanishgroove” :joy:

CC or no CC?
CC is nice for sure, but it’s not a deal breaker if there’s no CC. But as sad as it is, I know for a lot of people it is, so that’s why I added CC in my story, because I just didn’t feel like getting those “can we CC” fanmails every 2 seconds.

What’s the hardest part of coding?
Overlays. More specifically, rotating them and all that hard stuff.

What do you think is your strongest writing skill…does that make sense?
I don’t really know, I think my strongest point is probably the dialogue. I’ve always considered myself to be a decent writer, so the actual text part of the story is probably the best for me.

5 Likes

Hey!! I agree with what you said, and oh my god, I absolutely can’t stand a weak MC that cries and needs a boy to do everything for her. I just wanna- lskdfjlkjaksdmf punch some courage into her-

4 Likes

Honey, if you see my coding from 2018, your eyes will definitely either burn until there’s nothing left or shrivel up. It took me like a yearrr to figure out basic code and you did it in a week? Respect :wink:

3 Likes

Hey there! I agree with everything you said, especially the mafia one, because most of them are Italian, American or Hispanic (idk if that’s valid…) and ugh, like, there’s literally no difference in the nerd when they get a makeover besides their looks, it’s what’s on the inside that counts!!

3 Likes

Same!! I prefer writing dialogue over everything else. And I can’t stand a character that has no life besides running after the bad boy or something and yeah, I would like to see more of the character’s past, because that could be a major factor of why they act the way they do. Sometimes side characters are wayyy more interesting than the MC and LI’s romance story-

2 Likes

Exactly! And in most cases I actually like the “nerd” before the huge makeover thing. Their personalities always end up changing, to the point where they’re just really mean, and it’s just unfortunate :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Omg yesss detailed sex scenes make me feel so awkward. I was 13 when I read a story with a VERY DETAILED scene and I was like …huh what’s going on?? What are they doing???

2 Likes

Omg accurate!!!

3 Likes

YES YES YES SLOW BURNSSSS UGH i live for those. And honeyyyyy love at first sight shouldn’t even be called that it should be called “LUST AT FIRST SIGHT”

3 Likes