'Questors' RP || Official Thread

:crossed_swords: Vex Cain ~ Crewe Commodities :crossed_swords:

Vex’s lips pressed into a thin line in disapproval. There was really nothing more that she could say to defend her point of view. Sure they were all commoners but there had to be some nobles who agreed with her. Well, maybe not some, but at least one noble who shared her opinions. Vex sighed, this was exactly why she chose not to think about their current king and his decisions.

“Well, at least we’re still being constantly reminded about how selfish the human heart is.” Vex said half-heartedly. She had seen her fair share of selfish people, most of them belonging to noblity. Nobles were all just stuffy, arrogant peacocks were need to use their brains every once in a while. If they even used the heads at least 15% of the time, then the world would drastically become a better place. Vex chuckled darkly at her thoughts.

@TheBluGeek (Corvus)

:fleur_de_lis: Sacren Rue ~ Town Outskirts :fleur_de_lis:

Sacren couldn’t help but nod in agreement. “I could definitely see why that would be a good reason to become a crafter. Marcos was a crafter after all, but don’t you also think that you should try to be yourself and find something that suits you.” Sacren stopped talking. “I’m not about give a whole speech about all that stuff. Anyway, I can totally see your point about how heavy swords. I learned the way of the sword when I was a child and held my fair share of heavy swords. I quit because I was too- I mean because the workload was too much. I can understand why your family wouldn’t want you to be a mage. It’s too much stress. Too much worrying. And too much power. Even mages who are born with natural abilities sometimes wonder if it’s actually a blessing.”

“Seeing the world isn’t everything,” Sacren said with a shrug. “It’s mostly just wondering when you’ll arrive at the nearest town to get a warm bed and a fine meal. It’s a bit too much for people like me, but then again what are my other options? You know what they say, ‘Lunch doesn’t come free’. Well, it can in some scenarios if, let’s say that your friend treated you to lunch. That’s beside the point. What’s my idea of a perfect team? Umm, a cook, someone who does the laundry, someone who carries all the supplies, and someone who sets up the tents.” Sacren paused. “That wasn’t referring to what you were saying, was it?”

@LTea (Rye Fyre)

1 Like

:last_quarter_moon: ~ Aileen and Fiadh Yarl ~
|| Marketplace :last_quarter_moon:

Once again the twins were arguing. Well, they were not really arguing as Aileen was the only one talking.
“I told you that those chickens were overpriced.” He complained.
As usual, Fiadh ignored him.
“But you still bought them.” Aileen raised the basket in his hand up. “And now we have three chickens that cost more than two slabs of beef.”
"Correction. You bought the chickens. " Said Fiadh’s cold voice.
“No, I didn’t. Your the one who said that they would taste good with lemongrass on them.” He argued.
“So what?”
" … " Aileen gave up on arguing. If felt like talking to a brick wall.
They continued walking down the road in silence. Both of the twins strides matched and their facial expressions were almost identical. They both stopped in sync as a cart passed in front of them.
“What should we do now?” Aileen asked.
For once in both of their entire lives, Fiadh shrugged.

ORP: Both are approachable

1 Like

.: Corvus :.
“Yes, but there is a thin line between being bad and good here. If you look at it from the viewpoint that he’s in love, it seems like a noble pursuit almost. Love is the greatest gift out there supposedly but I’d take a large sack of gold over it anyday,” he said. “If you look at it like he’s breaking up his family for a former lover, that’s when the bad begins to pop out. It’s a matter of perspective and I can look either way,” he shrugged.

“Perhaps it is selfishness but wanting love… is not necessarily inherently selfish.” Corvus then laughed before shaking his head slowly. “I apologize, I’m being philosophical. It is each to their own, after all. I just think it is a rather fascinating situation and I do wonder if happiness will be the outcome.”

@PegasusForever (Vex Cain)

1 Like

:wilted_flower: Gunner Rose :wilted_flower:

He helped her up just as she began making commentary.
“I’m alright, but I can’t say the same about you though.”
“Oh, such a sweet beautiful-wait, what?” He said with a scoff, pulling his hand back.
“You should really watch where your going these days. Anything could happen.”
“You-” He willed his voice to calm down, taking a deep breath before speaking to her with a clearly forced smile. “You bumped into me, but of course, I’ll excuse such-”
“Since I’m the nice and forgiving person I am, I’ll forgive you.”
His mouth held open to the completely oblivious girl in front of him. “You’ll forgive me? Did you not just hear what I said?” If he didn’t leave now, he probably wouldn’t be able to keep it together.
“I’ll forgive you if you buy me one- no, two Apple tarts.”
Aaaaand he was done keeping up the charade. “Look little nut case with the birdy on her shoulder, you bumped into me. You made me drop my pastry! My damn pastry that is now pleasantly living in the dirt! And you have the audacity to ask me to buy you two tarts? Go back to lala land with your singing and talking birds. Maybe the fairy who lives at the edge of candy land will happily grant you one,”
He turned on his heel, walking away with a sneer. "
@ReeceandBecca - I’m dead XD

5 Likes

:hotsprings: Finn Larenzo ✩ Borden House (Home)

Finn heard the stairs creak as he placed a plate of bacon on the table. Heavy footsteps trudged down the stairs toward the kitchen and Finn placed the other plates on the table. A head poked into the kitchen and Finn looked over his shoulder.
“Good afternoon, Avis.” Finn said as he placed a glass jar of jam on the table.
“Afternoon?” Avis walked over toward the table full of steaming food and took a seat. He smashed his fork into a slab of bacon and stuffed it into his mouth. “Isn’t morning?” He asked with his mouth full.
Finn shook his head lightly. “No, you slept in.”
“Oh.” He paused to grab a roll of bread. “Is everyone else awake?”
“Not yet.” Finn said nonchalantly. He sat down at the table and added butter to a roll of bread before eating it. “Dad already ate and is at the stables and Mum left for the shop around two hours ago.”
Avis didn’t reply and they both heard someone yelling upstairs. A door opened and slammed as someone ran down the stairs and toward the kitchen.
Finn was spreading jam on a slice of bread when Axel rushed into the kitchen. His clothes were drenched in water and his wet hair fell flopped against his face.
Axel flashed both him and Avis a smile before he sat down in the seat across from Finn.
“What’s going on up there?” Avis asked as he stuffed a handful of nuts into his mouth.
Axel served himself some food as he talked. “Nothing much. Aiden’s just mad that Mum gave me his favorite shirt.”
“Oh.” Avis reached over to grab another slice of bacon.
“Why are you so wet?” Finn asked as he handed Axel his spare handkerchief.
“Alfie dropped the washbowl over my bed while I was still in it. He claims that it was an accident, but I don’t believe him.” Axel replied as he wiped his face with the handkerchief.
Finn’s brows furrowed as the food slowly began to disappear from the table. “You all should leave some food for the rest of them.”
“No can do.” Avis said. He grabbed the last slice of bacon. “You snoze, you lose.” He shrugged before stuffing the bacon in his mouth.
Voices sounded from the hall upstairs as the stairs creaked. Loud trudges were heard as the voices came closer and closer toward the kitchen. Catherine walked into the kitchen with Aiden and Alfie behind.
“Good morning, everyone.” She said as she swept passed her brothers and took the seat right next to Finn.
“It’s already afternoon, Catherine.” Finn said as he pushed a clean plate toward her.
“Is it? I didn’t notice.” Catherine began to fill her plate as Aiden and Alfie sat down at the table as well and began to fill their plates.
“Where is Dad and Mum?” Aiden asked.
“They both went out.” Finn said as he began to clean the empty plates off the table. He reached under the table and found the tinderbox. He began to light a fire in the fireplace.
“Good morning, everyone!” Said a loud cheerful voice.
Finn looked over his shoulder to see Renzo striding into the kitchen. Renzo was as wild and unfettered as ever as he sat down in Finn’s chair.
“Is someone missing?” He mused out loud. He suddenly snapped his fingers. “Ah, yes. Where is that no good girly son of mine?”
Five fingers pointed over in Finn’s direction.
Renzo let out an awkward laugh. “Oh, Dante. I didn’t see you there.”
“You can’t call him that anymore, Uncle.” Catherine said as she rolled her eyes. “He’s a Questor now and must go by his official name.”
“How on earth did he get accepted when I was rejected?” Avis asked as he slammed his fist unto the table.
Finn stood up from the fireplace and dusted off a few stray ashes off his clothes. “Avis, be sure the replace the table if you break it or else Mum’s not going to be happy.”
Avis grumbled something that Finn didn’t catch as he heated a pot of water to wash the dishes with.
“Look at my son,” Renzo said as he gazed deeply at Finn. “He does all the washing, cooking, cleaning, and mending around here. He’s practically a girl! He doesn’t even have a single muscle! And look at that slender figure! Did you all think that he was a girl?”
“Dad always says something like that,” Alfie said as he handed Finn his empty plate. “He said that Mum always treats him like a girl because Catherine acts like a boy.”
Catherine snorted. “Think what you want, Alfie. Housework just isn’t for me. I mean, look at Da- I mean Finn. He loves housework and would be terribly bored without it.”
Alfie shook his head. “He doesn’t love it, he’s forced to do it by you and Mum. Men don’t like doing housework. We were made to be outdoors and to do rough work.”
“Nah, we all know he likes it.” Catherine handed her plate to Finn, who was busy washing and wiping all the plates.
“What was Dante’s fake name again?” Renzo suddenly asked.
“It’s not a fake name, Uncle Renzo, it’s a questing name.” Aiden corrected.
“Fake, questing what’s the difference?”
“His questing name was Finn…uh…something that began with an ‘e’…” Axel began.
"No, it began with an ‘a’."Alfie said with a frown.
“No, it was definitely an ‘e’.” Avis said.
“Your all wrong,” Catherine said. “It began with ‘k’.”
“It was a ‘e’.”
“It was an ‘a’.”
“E!”
“A!”
“K!”
“E!”
“K!”
“A!”
“K!”
“A!”
“E-”
“Do you all mind?” Renzo said impatiently with a scowl.
The room went momentarily silent and the only sound made was the sound washing water.
“Ah, I remember now! It was Finn Larenzo!” Aiden said.
Finn put the last clean plate away. “Are you all done arguing now? If you are then hurry up and help Dad out in the stables.”
Aiden smiled and stood up. “Then I’ll be off then.”
Alfie and Avis stood up as well. Finn looked over his shoulder to see the group leaving the kitchen. He rolled up his shoulders and began to clean the kitchen.

~A Half an Hour Later~

Finn left the Borden House and made his way to town. He saw Renzo and the others at the stables and waved at them. They waved back and Finn continued on toward town. He began to think about all the things that he needed to buy for the shop.

Approachable: On his way to the market @AnimeOtome want to rp with my character?

Violet Evergarden ✩ Outside of Town

“We’re almost there, Violet!” Marian said as she stuck her head out of the carriage window to see that they were approaching the small town.
Violet looked up from her book and frowned at her younger sister. “Marian, stick your head back inside the carriage.”
Marian huffed and closed the window to the carriage. “Your not my mother, Violet, and you have no right to talk to me as such.”
“As your older sister, I have the right to correct and scold you if you are doing something wrong.” Violet said as she went back to reading her book.
“You and Lucius are such spoil sports.” Marian said as she pouted.
Lucius, who was sitting next to Violet, opened one eye to look at Marian. “The problem isn’t us, Marian, the problem is you.”
Marian’s cheecks heated. “Are you saying that I’m childish?”
Lucius nodded seriously. “You and Robert.”
Violet finish reading the last page of the book she was on and put her woven bookmark inside before closing the book.
“Your finished already?” Marian asked in disbelief.
“Of course she is.” Lucius said matter-of-factly. “She can actually concentrate when she’s reading, unlike you.”
Marian crossed her arms and turned her face in attempt to ignore her older brother. Violet creaked open the window and saw that they had stopped outside the town.
“Is there a problem?” She asked as she stuck her head outside the window.
“This is as far as I can go, miss.” The man who was driving the carriage said. “You’ll have to walk the rest of the way.”
“Alright,” Violet said. She closed the window.
“Hypocrite,” Marian muttered.
Violet ignored her comment. “We have to walk the rest of the way on foot. Marian, wake up Robert.”
Marian shook Robert, who was sleeping right next to her, awake. Robert opened his eyes and yawned. “Are we there yet?” He asked as he rubbed his eyes.
“We’ve arrived.” Marian said to her twin brother.
“Oh, lovely.” He yawned again.
Lucius got out of the carriage first and helped both of his sisters out next. Robert jumped out of the carriage and pulled out all of their belongings. All four of them watched as the carriage that had taken them from the capital to here, rode away.
Violet looked at the seven large bundles on the ground and wondered how they were ever going to carry all of them.
Robert frowned. “I thought that Mother said to only bring one sack of clothes per person.”
“I didn’t pack any extra clothes.” Lucius said as he crossed his arms together.
“Neither did I.” Violet said.
They all looked over at Marian.
Marian flushed. “You couldn’t expect me to leave all of my clothes and projects behind, did you?”
They all rolled their eyes at her.

Approachable: Outside of town thinking of ways to carry thier stuff

:blob_hearts: textfx%20(1) :blob_hearts:

Marilee was stunned. She had never seen such a horrible and rude person in her entire. Even Grey wasn’t even a third as awful as he was. He even had the nerve to call her a nutcase after rudely bumping into her. Anger coursed through her entire body and her face flushed red in anger.
She grabbed his shoulder. “I am not a nutcase nor did I bump into you! Your the one who has problems and is a complete idiot!” Her voice began to rise as she glared at him. “You obviously can’t watch where your going and is accusing me of something I didn’t do! The one who should to lala land is you! You were probably there eating cupcakes with faeries instead of looking where you were going! And who cares about your damn pastry! It’s all your fault that you dropped it in the first place! Even a baby can catch things better that you!”
She huffed and puffed and tried to catch her breath after her outburst. Marilee let go of his shoulder and crossed her arms, giving him what she hoped was her coldest glare. “And just so you know, idiot, Lyndzei is a familiar, not a birdy. But if actually had a shred of intelligence, you would know that.”

@jdepisode - My little baby went all out :smiling_imp: , it’s too bad that she’s horrible at insulting people (sigh)

1 Like

Vex cocked her head as the corner of her lips turned upwards in amusement. She was feeling slightly amused about how he said that he would prefer a sack of gold over the supposedly greatest gift in the world and she contemplating what he said at the same time. A hint of a smile shone in her eyes.

“It’s alright. I can see your point, though.” She paused. “I hope the king finds happiness or else I will be very disappointed. Never mind, I’ll just frown for maybe five seconds, then get over it. The best point you made was about choosing gold over love, I know I would.”

@TheBluGeek (Corvus)

1 Like

:star: Moonlit Stars :star2:

Star didn’t wake up until later in the morning, checking her watch. She got ready as quickly as possible, and it wasn’t until she was hopping around on one foot putting on a shoe and leaving her house, did she remeber she forgot to eat breakfest. Her stomach rumbled angirly at her as she tried to ignore it. She didn’t have the time nor the money to eat out today. Hopefully, she could close up early today, and eat back home.

Star set up her booth in the middle of the market, setting jewelry, household decor and other things in and around her booth. Little light decorations hung above her head, she observed one to notice one was flickering, about to shut off. She sighed before tapping it a couple times until a dimmer light glowed from the lightbulb. Looks like I need to get that one replaced, She thinks to herself although she knew the lightbulb would be slightly out of her budget. She flipped through letters she had brought to look over. She skipped over a few before pausing over a letter from her mother. It had been response to her being accepted as a questor, she wasn’t a fan of her daughter doing it. “Too dangerous” she says.

Placing the letter away and listening to the dwindling conversations of the upcoming wedding and a few purchases. Star found solace in doing what she liked. Helping people find things they’d like or what fit them. Whether for their home, or jewelry for personal use. A little later she saw a person wandering through the market, most likely looking for something to buy. “Sir,” she called. Hopefully it was a male, otherwise that’d be embarrassing. “Would you like some jewelry or decor for you or your household?”

@HisHighnessJui

1 Like

:hotsprings: Finn Larenzo ✩ Market

Eggs, flour ,yeast , blueberries, strawberries… Finn thought as he counted the things that he had to buy. He knew that he should possibly hurry if he wanted to get fresh mink and a jar of jam. Those things were really hard to get since everyone wanted them. His family ate enough for twenty people so food expenses were very tight.

Finn sighed and walked though the market with his basket. He went around the different booths, buying all the things that he needed, kitchen-wise anyway. He walked over to the next part of the market where all the non-food was. He began to mentally count all the rest of the things that he needed.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he almost didn’t notice someone calling out to him. He turned around and saw a woman standing right beside a jewelry booth.
“Would you like some jewelry or decor for you or your household?” She asked.

Finn blinked and stood there for a second. He then walked over toward the booth and examined the jewelry and decorations. They all looked rather nice and pretty. The jewels even looked real and the metalwork was very impressive. He began to wonder if they were all for the king’s wedding. He realized that he had been staring at the jewelry for too long so he moved his gaze from them and met the gaze of the booth owner.

Finn smiled. “Your jewelry looks very nice. The jewels almost look real and the decorations look extremely fancy. Are they all, by any chance, for the king’s wedding?”

@AnimeOtome

1 Like

“Yes, if this whole wedding business is for naught, it may as well be the King’s downfall,” he shrugged. Downfall, a word that could hold so much power in it. Heads of houses that were too trusting could easily be collapsed by their own kin and monarchs had been overthrown by peasants and nobles alike. No one was ever completely trustworthy, especially if your blood came laced in blue and gold.

“You and I, it seems we share many similarities,” Corvus noted. “As if we were cut from the same cloth. Great minds do think alike after all,” he mused, a small yet genuine smile streaking his face. He could tell this girl could potentially be as cutthroat and narrow as him. He found it very interesting and perhaps it could be profitable one day.

2 Likes

Vex grinned as her face lit up. “I agree.” She said. It had been a while since she had met someone who could see eye to eye with her. Most people she met had a horribly bad tendency to say that they couldn’t understand her way of thinking (i.e. Sacren). It was very refreshing to meet someone who shared similar opinions with her.

“I don’t think that I’ve introduced myself yet. I’m Vex Cain, me and my companions arrived at Nixburry today.” She said with a smile.

@TheBluGeek (Corvus)

1 Like

:cat: Jynx Cuartet || In town

Jynx smiled to herself. “I wouldn’t say he has it, more like he knows how to set stuff on fire and make things combust. Pyrokenisis suggests he has some kind of control…” She tailed off, realising where she was, and that she was talking to a stranger. “Oh, he’s not dangerous though! Really, he’s just… a bit reckless, and sometimes doesn’t think things through. But he’s getting better, and he hasn’t caused any incidents just yet.” As she said this, she was scanning Vale’s face for any sign that he might go to alert the guards, or tell the Magisterium.

“No… No rush… Well, I know my aunt wants me home before the party tonight. But that’s a while off yet… What were you looking to pickup?” she asked, changing the subject.

@ReeceandBecca

:fire: Rye Fyre || Town Outskirts

Rye looked off into the distance as Sacren spoke. He wasn’t wrong. Mages sometimes had way too much power, like the Villains of the past. Acerus, for example. The man had one of the most powerful abilities, and he was a master at potions and archives - it was said that his castle had a whole room filled with runes and maps that could manipulate all the planets in the galaxy… it was just a rumour, of course, but the man did have a mega-library in his basement.
"And too much power. Even mages who are born with natural abilities sometimes wonder if it’s actually a blessing.
Rye turned around at that. “I would say that its a blessing.” He stated, frowning. “Of course it is, its a gift. They say the Natural Abilities show the bloodline of past ancient gods! I mean, it depends what you believe, but I don’t know a single Natural Ability user who hates what they are, or the powers they have. If anything, I wish mine were stronger…”

He chuckled at Sacren’s idea of a team. “So you’re the more passive type, then. That’s all well and good for stay-at-home Questing groups, but I can’t say they get nearly as many views as the adventurers. And if you’re adventuring, you need someone to protect the team. And someone who can lead them…” He gave a smug look as he recalled all the books he’d read at his Questors training Camp, and when he was alone in his room. He’d plotted out groups, stats, equipment, anything and everything he could thing about. “To me, the best questing group should have at least one fighter, and one healer for every three members. It helps to have someone who can do the other work, like setting tents and making dinner, but if you think about it, you don’t always need that kind of thing if you plan your adventure around pubs and inns. But someone to fight, and someone to heal, and of course, someone who is charismatic who can do all the talking. They’re the questors who get the most views and fame.” He nodded, knowingly.

@PegasusForever

3 Likes

Sacren smiled slightly. “It’s nice to meet someone who sees natural abilities that way. I know a few people who would be perfectly fine without a natural ability, but you know what they say 'With great power comes great responsibility '.” He shrugged. “Having too much power isn’t very good for people, it really get’s to your head. But then again, what do I know about natural abilities?”

“I don’t think I really understand what your saying. It’s not your fault of anything like that, I just mostly don’t understand complex stuff like planning a team.” Sacren yawned. “I’m beginning to think that everyone I meet has very high standards for their team. You’re all are in a different league then us weak people. With your way of thinking, you’re bound to be on a very strong team. Just don’t forget about me when you’re on your way to becoming famous. After all, I was the one predicted it.”

@LTea (Rye Fyre)

1 Like

:yay:textfx%20(1)%20(1) :yay:

Vale nodded with a smile. “It’s understandable, really. Actually, it would be rather strange if someone didn’t have a little bit of trouble with their ability. With the way that your describing him, I highly doubt that he would be considered dangerous. A few accidents are expected on the path of a mage, it’s rather intriguing on how he managed to…” Vale trailed off as he began to realize that Jynx was staring at his face. Confusion flashed in his eyes as he asked: “Is there something on my face?”
Vale paused. What was he going to pick up anyway? He completely forgotten what he came here for. He thought back to what he did all day. It wasn’t something that I need for the shop, was it? Vale remembered that Georgia was going to make Samuel pick up something from the market. If was for the shop, then it probably was a box of charms and enchantments. Now that he thought about it, did he even remember to order them? He remembered writing down in the ledger that he ordered them, but he didn’t recall actually ordering them. “Oh, dear. This is a very big problem.” He muttered.

@LTea (Jynx Cuartet)

1 Like

“Sorry… I guess I get kinda carried away about that stuff.” Rye admitted, scratching the back of his head with an awkward smile. “It’s just… I’ve wanted to be a questor my whole life. I guess, I should get a hobby, huh.” He chuckled, but the years of people telling him that he would never be a famous questor made the laugh humourless and empty. Nevertheless, Rye pretended that it was nothing, and changed the conversation.
“So, the town centre is just over there, and next to the hall is the official Questors Initiative lodge for Nixburry and the surrounding area. The pillar to take missions is just outside of it.” He turned back around, smiling. “So, anything else I can help you with?”

@PegasusForever

He didn’t look like he was going to tell anyone. She couldn’t be sure, and she wasn’t the most trusting, but she chewed the inside of her lip as she came to the conclusion that she needed to be more careful about what she had to say.
“Is there something on my face?”
“Yeah, sorry. I couldn’t tell if it was a spider or some fluff.” she lied easily, even reaching up to brush a finger across his cheekbone and pretend to check. “Huh, yeah, just fluff. What were you saying, sorry?”

“Oh, dear. This is a very big problem.”
She rose a brow. “Oh? Why? What’s wrong?”

@ReeceandBecca

2 Likes

:yay:textfx%20(1)%20(1) :yay:

Fluff? Vale blinked in surprise, both at the idea that he had been walking around with fluff on his face and also the fact that she had just touched his face. He had never had any direct contact with females besides his sister, and the most he had ever done was hold her hand when she was a child. His face heated and he looked away in embarrassment. “It was nothing.”
Vale looked over at her, finally remembering that he had been in the middle of a conversation. He smiled slightly. “My apologies, but I fear that I have wasted your time.” He ran his fingers in his hair in frustration and sighed. “I had no intentions of doing so, but it appears that I have. It seems that I had forgotten to actually order what I wanted to pick up. I wrote it down in the ledger, but how did I forget to order it. I should have written myself a reminder to do it before I forget. Maybe I should have…” His voice got softer and softer until he actually forgot that he was in the middle and began talking to himself.

@LTea (Jynx Cuartet)

1 Like

Sacren couldn’t help but feel that there was something off about Rye all of a sudden. He couldn’t put his finger on it, but there was definitely something wrong. Was it something that he said? Sacren thought back to what he said. Was he being too insensitive? Sacren really just couldn’t understand what was wrong. He was about to give an apology when Rye suddenly changed the subject.

Sacren had never been very good with suddenly switching conversation topics, so he stopped walking for a moment. “Huh?” His face was filled with confusion , but he refused to admit that what Rye had just said didn’t register in his mind at all. “Oh! Uh…Umm…” He racked his head to think of something that would work in any conversation. He grinned and proudly said: “I don’t know.”

@LTea (Rye Frye)

1 Like

Jynx couldn’t help the small half-laugh that escaped her. She was surprised this guy had even gotten this far in life, if his memory of things was so broken up all the time. Shrugging, she turned back to the crowds that had gathered around the carts. “Well, by the looks of things, I doubt you would have had the chance to pick up your order anyway, even if you had made it. Hopefully you have enough to last you till after the festivities.” She offered a smile. “Don’t worry, I didn’t have anything planned. Well, I was going to buy some chocolate, but if the pick ups are anything to go by, something tells me the Southirian merchant that sells them is likely all out as well.” She sighed, muttering to herself. “See, this is exactly why I don’t like stupid celebrity weddings…”

@ReeceandBecca

“you don’t know if you need my help?” Rye glanced between the two men, confused. “Well… Do you have somewhere to stay? I can show you the nearest inn, I guess. I’m not sure how else I can help…” he looked at the pillar, standing ominously outside the Questing Lodge. “Do you need help picking a quest? The teaming event won’t happen for a couple days, but you can still take on small quests within the village.”

@PegasusForever

“Ah, so you are a newcomer? I suspected as much, forgive me for being so blunt, but you seemed a bit unfamiliar with the surroundings and our humble town,” Corvus crowed, showing a toothy grin. And my companions… so there are more then? The beginnings of a plan formed in his head before he shut it out, not wanting to get distracted from the conversation. Swindling tourists could wait for later, especially if he could draw out information from her about them.

“Vex Cain, a lovely name. I am Corvus Crewe.” Hesitation hit him like a light punch to the gut, the name Corvus sliding out slowly as if he was still getting used to it. I am no longer that man. Move on, Crewe, or get left behind. “As you can see, I’m the owner of Crewe Commodities and the only employee here,” he said, his tone seemingly amused by the last comment. “So, who might your companions be? I’d love to meet them if they are anything like you!”

“They’re nothing like me, in fact their the total opposite.” Vex said with a sigh. Her eyebrows furrowed as she remembered how annoying one of them in particular was. How she managed not to strangle him by now was a miracle in itself. The other was, in the nicest terms, a grumpy old brute. Much preferred than the annoy troublemaker. Vex hesitated for a second, before continuing on. She usually didn’t disclose who her companions were due to Omen’s nagging, but it would be rather easy to figure out who they were now that he already knew her name. Besides, what would a harmless shopkeeper want to know about her and her companions anyway? “Their names are Sacren Rue and Omen. Sacren just got initiated as an official member of the Questing Initiative. He’s a rookie crafter and he’s a very annoying person, I highly doubt that he’ll ever make any friends with his attitude. He also…” Vex continued to make complaints about Sacren, from how he was the laziest person in the world to how he was the most destructive person who she had ever met. She had a lot of things to complain about Sacren, so much that she talked more than she usually did - with a scowl on her face, of course. Vex had to admit, Corvus…that was his name right? Well, he was a very good listener.

“Omen,” She continued on. “He’s a rather depressing person. He usually joins Sacren in gossiping about things when he’s in a good mood, but most of the time he sulks around talking to himself. He’s a dar-” Vex abruptly stopped. Omen’s various warnings about keeping his identity a secret rang in her head and she slightly stiffened. She kept her face blank as she abruptly changed topics.

“You said that your the owner and only employee of your shop, right? Is that because it’s a family business and only family members can work here or because you just like the silence?”

@TheBluGeek(Corvus)

:fleur_de_lis:Sacren Rue ~ Town Outskirts :fleur_de_lis:

“Uh…” Sacren paused as he thought. “Uh…sure. I wasn’t planning on picking a quest until we made sure that Vex arrived safely, but now that I think about I’m sure she’s fine.” He knew without a shadow of a doubt that Vex could handle herself. He had seen her in action many times so he knew that it would be pointless to think otherwise.

Sacren looked back at Omen, who gave him a nod before looking back at Rye. “Thanks, we’ll take you up on your offer to help us find a quest. I really don’t know my way around here yet, as you know so I’ll be relying on you to help me.”

@LTea (Rye Fyre)

1 Like