Quick Help Please! :)

Hey! So I’m brand new to creating my own story, and I’m wondering if someone could just quickly help me with this script error.

INT. LUXURY PENTHOUSE BEDROOM - DAY
@pan to zone 3
@PIPER enters left to screen center AND @PIPER starts walk_carry_box

Basically I just want the camera to pan to the right (which I was able to do) and my character walk in from the right holding a box.

Thank you so much!! :):smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

you dont need the second @ so it will look like @PIPER enters left to screen center AND PIPER starts walk_carry_box

1 Like

If you want her to walk in from the right, the command is

@CHARACATER enters from right to screen center

If you want her to walk while doing the box carry animation, add this to the line

@CHARACATER enters from right to screen center and CHARACTER does it while walk_carry_box

1 Like

Thank you so much for responding!!

I put in “@PIPERsweats enters from right to screen center AND PIPERsweats DOES IT WHILE walk_carry_box”

but it comes up with an error saying “use @CHARACTER enters from X to screen Y”
hahah please help c:

Your character’s name needs to be all caps and “does it while” needs to be all lower cased

1 Like

Okay so I got it, except for my character walks in with the right animation, but there is no box.

@PIPER enters from right to screen center AND PIPER does it while walk_box_neutral_loop

thank you so much for all of your help, it really means alot!! :slight_smile:

Is this limelight? You have to add the box prop to your character before they walk in.

See this prop guide: PROPS: how to use them

1 Like

You’re a lifesaver!!
Thank you so much for your help. c:

1 Like

No problem :blush:

1 Like

lol please help

You need to have the @ sign before the name, or else it won’t work and will give you a bunch of errors. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’ll need to delete the template and then copy and paste it back in again. Only highlight the name, not the @ sign, when you change the character’s name.

2 Likes

now these are showing up… yikes

You have to delete the template and redo everything. After you recopied and pasted, only highlight just the name without the @ and change the name

1 Like

thank you so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

AHAHAHAH why is my character stuck with a box in her hand

i’ve done ctrl F and searched box but it’s not showing up in the script at all haha

Did you forget to remove the box prop from when you had your character enter the scene while walking with a box?

i ended up deleting that scene, but shes stuck holding the box still lol

delete the prop

have you removed this command: @add Prop Name to CHARACTER

If you use the “add prop” command, you have to use the “remove prop” command otherwise the prop will stay on the character. So you need to add the “remove prop” command to your script, save, then play through that scene with the command and the prop will be removed from your character