Quote of The Week Thread!

Hello, there beautiful! It’s Cherry here back with another thread.

This new thread is a “Quote of The Week” thread- now to make this more understandable I will be sharing a quote each Monday during UTC-4 TZ, but don’t worry as each time I do this you will be given the option to be tagged for next weeks quote. So this will remind you in case your ahead, or below my time zone. (TZ)

With each quote comes a unique response. For example, you can share what it made you think of, who it made you think of, what feelings and (or) vibes you got from it, something that maybe you have heard before, etc… The goal here is to get closer to our fellow community members and being there for one another.

All I ask is for you to stay on topic, respect the guidelines, and also be kind and respectful towards other users.

Respectful tags:
@Phoenix_11037, @kahotshot, @Abimations4, @IsabellaMason, @K.F, @_haruka, @anon73049647, @G-baby12, @Marissa_Writes, @_LC, @kpineapple27, @SnowyStar, @Alexei!

(Note: You can click the image to go to the source.)

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓦𝓮𝓮𝓴𝓼 𝓠𝓾𝓸𝓽𝓮!

My opinion

When I read this quote it makes me think of all the things I wish I would’ve said. All the things I never got a chance to say, and all the things I should’ve done/said. It reminds me of what I was to scared to do.

When I was younger my little sister died of cancer and I was too scared to say goodbye so instead, I ran off. I regret never saying goodbye and I would have and still would do anything to get one more chance.

Would you like to be tagged for next weeks quote?

• Yes, I would like to be tagged.
  • No, I would not like to be tagged.

0 voters

(This closes Sunday UTC-4 TZ)

8 Likes

I think not saying anything at all hurts more because you’ll always have that regret of not saying how you felt. With saying something you wish you hadn’t, it’s possible that someone might forgive you for what you said, and you can make amends. With keeping silent, that regret stays for some time, depending on how big it is. It could even continue for as long as you live.

3 Likes

Much, much, much agreed. “Its easier to say something then nothing at all.”

2 Likes

I can understand why someone might say it hurts more to say something because it honestly depends on the situation.

2 Likes

If you know you shouldn’t say anything and rather keep your mouth shut in some cases this will end better. So yes the matter of “situations” does definitely apply. Good point!

2 Likes

I would say they generally hurt the same, but it is dependent on the situation. Of course, you’ll have regrets if you don’t speak up or say something when you should have, but at the same time, it also hurts to say the exact wrong thing.

1 Like

Yes, this is very true!

Thanks you for tagging me.

1 Like

No problem! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Respectful tags:
@_haruka, @Phoenix_11037, @Alexei, @AnnSza, @kahotshot, @d0ll.writes, @IsabellaMason, @Marissa_Writes, @lazy_donut, @Abimations4, @SnowyStar @K.F, @G-baby12, @lizzyxotwod @Cocoa_bean23 @Sophee

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓦𝓮𝓮𝓴𝓼 𝓠𝓾𝓸𝓽𝓮!

My opinion

Okay, I personally see this type of quote as maybe a breakup, or someone who just has zero respect for you, and your feelings. I also really like this quote as it has a good I guess I would say meaning to it! ( :

0 voters

8 Likes

Thanks.

I think this is a very meaningful quote. I don’t really know what exact situation I see it as but I agree that it could a related to a break-up. I think it means that you should give yourself enough respect and worthiness and to know that you are worthy and don’t let other people tear you down. They just don’t see it because they don’t believe it about themselves. Give them some space and walk away until they finally understand.

That was long :no_mouth:

1 Like

I didn’t give my answer for the last quote. Here it is:

I agree that not saying something hurts the most. It was hard to decide at first but I realized that I really relate to not saying something and wishing you had. I had Selective Mutism (a social anxiety disorder that actually causes someone not to speak in most social situations) for around 8 years. I don’t know how many times I wished I could just go back and say what I thought. Even though I may have regretted it, I would have made the most of my childhood by this. But, I can make up for it now because I can talk at school now. I’m still very very shy but I still say some things bad I’m getting better.
I’m so sorry about your sister.

1 Like

I would say that I would agree with this post. If someone doesn’t see your worth, then it would be best to walk away from them, but this does not mean you’re not worthy.

1 Like

Exactly! I love the way you explained this. :clap:
Thanks for sharing!! :dizzy: || Xx :cherries: ||

Well happy things are getting better!! Thanks so much for sharing. I know someone else whom has a “social anxiety disorder” and I have been trying to stick with her as much as possible. She seems to be getting better and happier for a matter of fact. I only wish the best for you!!
-Also thank you. :dizzy:
|| Xx :cherries: ||

1 Like

Thank you! You’re welcome :blush:

1 Like

Respectful tags:
@lazy_donut, @AnnSza, @Alexei, @SnowyStar, @K.F, @Phoenix_11037, @IsabellaMason, @Epy.Leslie, @kahotshot, @lizzyxotwod, @Abimations4, @Spread_H4ppiness, @Sophee.

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓦𝓮𝓮𝓴𝓼 𝓠𝓾𝓸𝓽𝓮!

My opinion

Personally, from this quote, it definitely reminds me of a time in my life from when I was in a very bad place. My family and I had a recent loss that we had been dealing with. Sometimes it definitely felt exactly how THIS quote explained it.
I feel the quote kinda just says it all!! ( :

0 voters

6 Likes
Thoughts

I think it could be suggesting that you want to forget about the demons in life and not let them brake you but sometimes your just bottling up you’re emotions. It mean you don’t want to fall apart so you do anything you can to make it stop. This is relatable especially in dark times.

I hope I got the gist of this quote. It was quite hard at first but I think I get it now.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that :cry:

1 Like
Summary

I find this relatable because personally I’ve had these kinds of thoughts before. There have been quite a few nights and days that I’ve wanted to fall asleep and forget about my feelings even for just a while. I’ve gone through quite a few hard times in my life just like everyone else. But unlike most people i tend to bottle up my emotions and as a result they don’t come out until i reach my breaking point.

2 Likes