Quotes You Don't Agree With

Hello!! It’s vacation time so I’m back hihi!! <3

So I had this topic in my mind for awhile and so here it goes, write a quote that you don’t agree with and EXPLAIN WHY.

I’ll start :smile:

if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second
Johnny Depp

I don’t agree with this one because I watched and read REAL LIFE stories where the husband finds a mistress but after sometime, he ends up regretting and missing his wife. They all realize that they still love their wife more and that the “second one” just became their distraction. Hence, permanent happiness over temporary pleasure.

6 Likes

Never stop trying. Never stop believing. Never give up. Your day will come. - Mandy Hale

I highly disagree with this. Sometimes you should give up because the goal you are trying to achieve may not be achievable. And all that time spent trying to accomplish something impossible could be spent on something much more productive.

Sometimes I’m very glad that I’ve given up on certain things since I realized that I was getting absolutely nowhere and becoming stressed out in the process

5 Likes

Lmao I don’t do “quotes,” people seem to take them too seriously, as if they’re naturally occurring gems that are mined out of the ground. They’re just people’s opinions. Sometimes great, other times meh, and sometimes damn awful.

“Optimistic and/or relatable thought.” -Remotely famous and/or successful person

So perhaps I disagree with the concept of quotes itself. :upside_down_face: Meta-disagreement.

2 Likes

I really hate that quote you know someone told me that recently cause I was trying to date someone else after a breakup…

I didn’t want to breakup I wish I could still be with him but that won’t happen. So one try to move on and it’s bad too? Fck it. I hate that quote :joy:

Here’s just a sampling of what I found just by googling “quotes.”

“What a teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” Karl Menninger
Okay maybe, but being a teacher is his job, if he can’t teach what he is, maybe teaching isn’t for him.

“Do or do not. There is no try.” Yoda
Bruh yes there is.

“Happiness is not in money, but in shopping.” Marilyn Monroe
Is that really a Marilyn Monroe quote? I feel like any edgy and highly feminine saying is automatically attributed to her.
But really, I can’t tell if this is supposed to have a deeper meaning or not. If not… hurrrr durrr.

“If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti
Mario ffs, you’re going to get us all killed—

1 Like

I agree with you, we should know when to stop but I do agree with the latter, “Your day will come”. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oooohhh I think you’re the first person I’ve encountered with this perspective. If you don’t “do” quotes, to what do you abide then?

Because quotes are inspirational and are a form of hope :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Very true, we have different perspectives

1 Like

Okay I guess I disagree with Karl Menninger’s quote. I mean what the teacher teaches is a reflection of him/her right? :thinking:

I seriously didn’t understand Yoda’s quote

And I didn’t that Marilyn Monroe has a quote like that, I’m like :eyes:???

As for Mario Andretti, his quote does make sense. You see the ups and downs in our life increase our growth in a faster rate :hugs:

1 Like

What’s the exact quote though? :joy:

That one lol

I have my own opinions, I make my own quotes. :sunglasses:

4 right off the top of my head, here we go:

“When taking a free sample, sneak a peek in the trash can beside to see if other samples have been thrown away in disgust.” -Scarlet Sapphire

“The Oval Wide eyes in LL are for serial killers. If your LI has those eyes, he’s a serial killer. Don’t @ me, I don’t make the rules that I just made up.” -Scarlet Sapphire

“If a brother and sister pair, both over the age of like 15, claim to share a free account, they are not to be trusted, because idk what’s going on over there but that shit ain’t normal.” - Scarlet Sapphire

“Inspirational quotes aren’t gonna make you be your best self if you don’t pull up your socks and get to it. Ah fuck that was an inspirational quote, wasn’t it? D:” -Scarlet Sapphire

2 Likes

Idk but I was once skiing on a hill that was too hard, and everything did not feel under control, and I rolled 5 metres downhill and my helmet split in half. (I was completely fine, the helmet gave its life for me.)

Counter-quote by the famous quote-generating Scarlet:

“Like, go fast and all, but only where you know you can stop, or for pete’s sake at least wear a goddamn bike helmet.” -Scarlet Sapphire

:joy:

3 Likes

Here are some quotes I disagree with and flat-out hate:

"If it’s meant to be, it will be"

I hate this quote for many reasons. One cannot prove something is or isn’t “meant to be”. The main reason I hate this quote is because it can potentially say something bad that just happened or will happen to you was just meant to happen to you.

"Good things come to those who wait"

I hate this quote because this isn’t even remotely true. This quote is probably said to teach patience, but it really just makes me enraged. Patience can pay off every now and then, but it does not guarantee good things will happen. A lot of people who believe in this quote wait for good things to happen only to realize they’ve been waiting in vain.

2 Likes

"Good things come to those who wait"

I disagree with this because it basically says “just wait and good things will happen to you”. Good things happen to people who work hard and make the good things happen instead of waiting for them. Good things won’t be handed to you if you just wait, you have to make them happen.

2 Likes

Oh boy this is indeed one dangerous quote lol

HAHAHAHAHAAH the second and fourth quotes though :ok_hand: :joy: Love it!! I make my own quotes too :wink:

2 Likes

hahahahaahah I’ll sure keep in mind to wear a helmet :joy::joy:

1 Like

OMG these two huhuhu you’re so right. We need to make the move :(((

Even with persons, like these quotes:
You shouldn’t have to beg someone to care
Don’t beg for anyone’s attention or time. It should always be given to you willingly
Or any quotes pertaining to the “right person”

I mean yes, people will reach out to you if they care but what if they struggle in doing so, like anxiety, and so they just end up not reaching to you. These quotes pretty much tell us to wait if someone cares, and not show someone if we care, which we should. We need to show someone that we care but there’s limits. If people keep taking it for granted, then that’s the time we should stop :(((

Luckily I came across this quote :sparkling_heart:
God determines who walks into your life. It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let GO!

1 Like

This!! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes