R.I.P Stan Lee (The end of an era, Marvel Legend)

Omg I know I’m going to miss his cameos soooooo much :cry:

2 Likes

Fr it’s never the same when someone new gets a hold of something

5 Likes

R.I.P Stan Lee :pray::blue_heart:

9 Likes
Translation (not mine)

-Ovid, Metamorphoses

It is a well known fact that people die. The mortality of human beings is so undeniable that it makes up a part of logic exercises we are taught: “[subject] is human, and all humans are mortal, therefore [subject] is mortal”. Human mortality is a concept we are all familiar with, but knowing it as something external to your life and assimilating it are two very different things.

The importance of death and its impact comes with the importance of the life that ceased to be, and this particular death shows me how remarkable our lives can become. Stan Lee, just like all of us, was a mortal, but associating him with such a broad group of people minimises all he was, and his life won’t allow me to do so, that’s why his death hit me so hard. Stan Lee reached, in his life, the status of a legend. He did so many great things, reached out to so many of us gave us storylines and characters to love, and gave us somewhere to turn to when we needed it the most. Stan Lee lived a remarkable life, a life that will be celebrated for years to come, and a life that changes many of our lives. His life, although human, achieved something many of us don’t achieve. He achieved transcendence of his soul through his work. He became something greater than himself, a cultural phenomenon, he touched so many of us, gave us both a voice and words to express our thoughts, as well as things to consider and understand from a different perspective. Stan Lee gave us no less than an entire universe for us to live in through comic books, films, and TV shows, and I will forever be grateful for that.

I came into contact with the world of comic books at a somewhat late age. But the impact he had in my life was so important, that he will always be in my heart. When I was struggling with understanding myself, when I was struggling with fitting in among my peers, when I had doubts about what I could achieve, he was there, both with his stories and his own life, to keep me going, to give me solace. But he was also there in my victories, whenever I felt I had achieved something, and in my fondest memories.

Stan Lee died today, and with him, the parts of universe in his brain that had yet to reach the light and see the world. His death is a great loss to all of us, because more than a content creator, we lost a human being with an invaluable brain, and some of his ideas will be lost forever. But a part of him will be alive forever. Both in us, all of his readers, those who received parts of his soul through his art; and in his art, in all of his characters and storylines, in all of his words, and even something as simple as his cameos. It is now on us to carry his legacy, and to make sure it can keep reaching people, helping them, allowing them to live, as it has done with us.

I can’t attest for the existence of any life after death, but I can assure you all that this in not the end of his existence. We all have a part of him in our souls and brains, and we can keep on adding to what he did. So here I stand, with borrowed words and tears in my eyes, saying goodbye to the life of a man who shaped my life. My dear Stan Lee, you may be gone from this world, but your soul will live forever. May your legacy carry on.

10 Likes

Stan Lee was a legend. He created some of the best marvel characters to ever exist. I’ll miss him, even though I never knew him. R.I.P. He’s a real watcher now.

1 Like

I’m gonna be balling my eyes out in the theater at the next Marvel movie when they show “RIP Stan Lee” at the end. :sob::sob::sob::sob:

7 Likes

Me too
I’m sure I’ll be a crying mess

Agree or maybe they’ll say

“For Stan Lee”

Like the had it in fast and furious for Paul Walker.

2 Likes

For Stan Lee, from AS –

Bill Gates may have been the richest man on the Earth, built Microsoft and helped being people in need through philanthropy. Stephen Hawking may have been the most intelligent person on Earth, inspired us to believe in ourselves even if we are un-abled and theoried on black holes. Mark Zuckerburg formed Facebook, Mahatma Gandhi freed India by inspiring us to follow the path of non-violence and truth, and countless others have had us overwhelmed at their achievement…

…But, you created a whole new universe that left people in wonder and marvelling at it. You provided something which made us happy, which gave us entertainment. You created the Marvel Universe whose characters have had a deep impact on my thoughts and my life. You provided me Spider-Man and Captain Marvel, whom I used to and still look up to, no matter how much fictional and non-existent in real life they are. Your awesome universe has had many stories, much of whom have been transformed into blockbuster movies, interesting television shows, comical parodies etc that have entertained people for decades gone by and still do and will continue to do so.

Rest In Peace, Stan Lee. You made me proud believing that no job is odd job, not even a comic-book making one.

7 Likes
4 Likes