[R4R] Promoting My Story | Promote Your Story

Update: I can no longer do reviews, however feel free to use this thread to promote your work!

Hi.

I just released the first three chapters of my first ever story in this app and I need some readers to give feedback and point out any errors they encounter to me. I can also do the same for you although I can’t help much with the scripting part since I only know the basic stuff. I can help you out with your writing and directing though, and if you have any struggles with art assets let me know–I might be able to help out.

Story Name: The PR Stunt
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Style: Limelight
Episodes: 9 (More Coming Soon)

:camera_flash:Instagram: @norae.ep

Old Cover

You’re on your way to becoming one of the music industry’s most iconic artists when you’ve decided to put your career on hold. Your label isn’t too happy and your fans are starting to lose interest. Luckily, your publicist has an idea to reel them back in–start a fake relationship with new pop sensation, Cameron Devine.

Features
  1. Gender-locked, customizable female MC. You’ll be able to determine parts of her backstory and what type of celebrity she is as the story progresses.
  2. Two semi-customizable LIs.
  3. Choose your dating preference.
  4. Hidden character point system; utilizes flags and gains.
  5. Choices matter.

Link: Episode Writer Portal

Self-promotion done and over with… Yes, I started this whole thing way back in September. Yes, I really did go for “The Director” as a pen name mostly because I never actually thought I’d ever publish this yet here we are.

Promoted Stories

Story Name: Springmist Lake
Author: @idktrever
Genre: Horror
Style: Limelight, Spotlight

Seven college friends reunite at their hometown of Springmist Lake for a night of fun, but an otherworldly horror threatens their lives. Will they band together to live or betray each other to survive?

1. Point system
  2. Choices matter
  3. LGBTQ+ cast; two non-binary, one trans, one gay, one bi, one lesbian, one bi-curious
  4. Control all seven characters

Link: Episode Writer Portal

Currently Reading
Queue
Read & Reviewed

Note: On top of the reviews I’ve posted in the thread, I figured I’d add more of my thoughts here for those who’ve taken the time to read my story in return.

Teenage drama! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: There’s obvious thought and effort put into the writing and directing. Reminds me of a coming-of-age YA novel. If you’re into stories that take place in a high school setting with lots of drama and intrigue, this one’s for you.

Mind-blowing art scenes and superb writing. I don’t think I’m even qualified to give feedback on the author’s directing because everything’s on-point. Fantastic sci-fi setting and lots of appealing characters that’ll definitely keep you reading.

Engaging story and exceptionally well-written diverse set of characters. Very immersive. It’s quick to pull you into its setting. It’s definitely a must-read for readers who like horror and their choices actually making an impact in the story. But even if you’re not into any of those, I still highly recommend reading this story.

A thrilling mix of fantasy, mystery, romance, and action. The characters are all interesting and the dynamic between the MC and LI is extremely entertaining to read. If that doesn’t keep you reading, maybe the on-going mystery of another character deeply tied to the MC will. Everyone has secrets!

The relationship with the MC and his best friend will make you go, “Awww!” It’s really hard not to ship them together. I hope he’s an LI. :eyes: At the same time, I kinda wanna date all the girls too.

12 Likes

Congrats and welcome. Let me be the first to r4r with you :grin:

Lost Summer Love

1 Like

@TamiRose Thanks! This is awesome. I’ll get to reading right away. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’ll start yours now :star_struck:

1 Like

Congratulations on publishing! Would you like to do a R4R with me of 3 episodes each?
Here is my story…
Title - All That Remains

Author - Ren

Instagram - @writer.ren.episode

Genre - Adventure/Sci-fi with a little Romance, Drama, and Comedy

Style - INK

Number of Episodes - 7 (to be continued)

Link - http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6232182390849536

Description - Lily lives in a world that was completely destroyed by a meteorite many years ago. Will she be able to save the lives of her people or will they all perish instead? (CC) (M/F LI)

Features - Full-CC of MC, Semi-CC of love interests, male and female love interest branches, CHOICES MATTER, point system, advanced directing, art scenes, tappable overlays

This story received a Hidden Gem from episodeaxiom and was chosen as an episode.luxe story review favorite! This story was also featured on the Voices of PWD Shelf!

1 Like

@writerren Thank you! Of course, I would love to though I only have three chapters so far. I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Still reading Lost Summer Love. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

r4r?

1 Like

Okay, I’ll start reading yours soon! Take your time! :blush:

1 Like

If anyone would like to do a r4r I’m totally down!

Title: Led by Deception

Author/Instagram: Rea @ledbydeception

Genre: Mystery

Description: Desensitization- it’s how Nix got herself through the many cases she’s solved. But now? They are watching and they’re out for blood. Will Nix dig deep enough to uncover the truth?

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/r/s/5259184964698112

1 Like

@TamiRose I’ve only gotten up to three chapters since I have to save my tickets for the rest, but here’s what I think so far:

• This is a refreshing story. For once, I’m not restricted to the MC’s POV. Getting to control other character’s choices is a first for me and I like it when things surprise me.
  • I appreciate how you worked the customization template in. Very clever of you.

• The most interesting dynamic for me is the one with Hazel. Sprinkling hints of her and Sierra’s backstory is good stuff. I’m a sucker for that kind of dynamic. :ok_hand: Evan? I haven’t formed an opinion on him yet. I’m hoping he’ll be more fleshed out in later chapters.
  • I struggle with clever comebacks in dialogue sometimes and I really like the gems I’ve found in your writing. :rofl:
  • One nitpicky thing I have: take time to frame the characters properly. The camera can be used to also tell a story and convey the mood of your scene.
  • Over-the-shoulder shots are a tricky thing to direct (and a pain in the buttocks to script), but when done right, the pay-off is worth it. Instead of having Sierra flip around to face the camera, I suggest just switching her and Kelsey’s spot if you want us to see her reaction.

• Last, but not the least before I have to move on:

Leave Britney alone, Dad!

@Grottino Sure! Got a story for me to read?

@writerren No rush here either.

@ledbydeception Adding it to the list! :hugs:

3 Likes

Yes, got a story for ya!
Here’s the link

1 Like

Sounds pretty neat! If you’d like to do an R4R or review with me, check out my thread below.

1 Like

@writerren

• This is a very impressive showcase of your directing abilities. Clickable overlays, animated overlays, getting to customize my bed and my room? Get outta here.

• I appreciate the fact that you took the time to set up the setting of the story. Sci-fi involves a lot of world-building and lore (which is why I’ve strayed away from ever writing that genre), but you’ve managed to give me just enough without overwhelming me with information.
  • That said, you have a very compelling premise in your hands. It’s a strong start and I hope it keeps up for the next chapters.
  • Also… Proper punctuation and capitalization? Be still my beating heart.
  • The only minor thing that bothers me are the speechbubble placements. Sometimes it’s either placed too far away or too near to the character. This is strictly a personal preference though.

Ah, the good ol’ love-hate dynamic is just [chef’s kiss].

• I’ll give you my final thoughts in a PM once I get caught up in your latest update.

@Grottino Got it. Stay put. Just gotta read through Rea’s story first.

@idktrever Will do.

3 Likes

Hiyah, thanks very much for the thoughtful feedback. And that was my first time trying the over the shoulder but I figured when she turned around, she’s kind of trying to convey that she wasn’t comfortable talking about it with her :sob: but I guess I failedddd :crazy_face: I was actually fixing up some things that @writerren suggested so I’m glad you pointed these out so I can add your ideas in :partying_face: And yes to Britney, let her liveeeeee

On to yours, I have absolutely nothing to say about your story except that it’s well thought out, your grammar was just about on point, no directing issues, I was so into it that I forgot to take SS of the first two episodes.

I have no doubt your story will do very well. Good job and keep it up, looking forward to your next episodes :crazy_face::star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you so much for reading and for your kind words/feedback. I’m so glad you liked the story so far!

Also, this is literally me whenever I read a story with correct grammar :joy::joy: ^^

I’m currently reading episode 2 of your story and I’m loving it so far! I’ll send my thoughts and screenshots once I’ve finished all 3 :blush:

1 Like

Title: Light After Dark
Author: Raven Writes :slight_smile:
Description: After the death of the love of your life, you vow to never love again. Will a new found friendship with a kind stranger finally allow you to heal? Or will it too end in tragedy?
Link:

The Best Stories Are Worth Sharing: Light After Dark

Could I please have a review?

1 Like

Hey, I just finished the 3 episodes of your story. It was so so good! I absolutely loved every second of it.

Your grammar, spelling, and sentence structure were all executed so well which really made your story easy to read. Your directing was great and I honestly didn’t notice any glitches. I also really loved your characters and the way you helped me connect with all of them in just the first 3 episodes. This is something that’s really hard to do so great job!

Here’s some screenshots of my favorite moments…

Loved this magazine cover!

Also, thank you for including a female love interest branch!

1 Like

Hi! Your story looks interesting! Wanna do R4R? :hugs:
Tittle: Agent 66: Born to Kill (CC)
Author: xoRoséxo
Style: Limelight
Genre: Action
Chapters: 5
Description: Agent 66 is an infamous assassin. But when a mission gone wrong, 66 kidnaps Sasha - his possible witness, and sets to discovers the truth before it’s too late.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4722588854321152
Instagram: xoroses.episode
Hitman_Agent_66_posterThumb_35rx9VdzSw

@ledbydeception

• I love a solid mystery plot. When you have a reader genuinely wondering what Nix and Mara’s connection is, what Archer’s really all about, and who Nix is… You know you’ve got someone hooked.

• Grammar’s a huge factor for me when reading stories and I’m happy to see you’ve got that covered.
  • Nix and Archer’s banter is entertaining to read. Especially with the added flavor of the MC having mind-reading abilities.

• I can see that you obviously have a good grip of where you want this story to go. I’m all in for the ride and I’m excited to see what you have in store for us.

@TamiRose @writerren Thank you for taking the time to read and to give me feedback on the story. I can’t wait to see more from your works. I’ll be around in your inbox when you update haha.

@Grottino Sit tight, my dude. Your story’s up next. :sunglasses:

@Rose.xo_97 Nice. Action. I’mma add it to the list.

@RavenWrites Ooh, a romance story. Yes, I’ll review it for you. Can’t wait to read it.

3 Likes

@Grottino

• As I’ve said earlier, I was extremely interested in your story’s setting and either: a) you’ve done a heck of a lot of research or; b) you know your source well. Or maybe even c) both? :smile:

• I adore Giuseppe (I hope I spelled that right) and how distinct your characters’ personalities are. I wish I could actually see more of that play out in conversations with the MC.

• I genuinely found myself rooting for MC and Beppe, but I also wanted to explore MC’s newfound sexuality with his co-worker.

When I say I struggled…

• Proofread, check your grammar and spelling, and switch up your camera angles from time to time so it’s not just one static shot every scene. You don’t have to do anything too fancy, but even a simple close-up to show a character’s reaction helps bring your story to life.

• Your story has a lot of potential and I truly mean that. A unique setting with a rare bisexual male MC plus fun and interesting characters. You can do so much more with this if you really take the time to polish everything.

I wasn’t quick enough to capture that Carmilla reference. I felt like I was ripped back to 2014. :sweat_smile:

1 Like