Racism in the real world

Let’s talk about racism happening in the real world, especially with this whole global pandemic going on rn. This is a serious topic. Share your thoughts or whatever below.

14 Likes

I feel like we are going backwards. People are blaming Chinese people for the virus and even kill or beat them up for something they don’t have control over, it wasn’t even their fault. Racism, homophobia and sexism is getting worse too and it’s really sad to see.

#blacklivesmattertoo

16 Likes

I go to a predominantly white school and most of the time it sucks.
When I get my hair straightened I hate how ppl will be like u can’t get ur hair wet or you’ll look like you’ve been electrocuted…bish don’t you think I already know that y do u think I carry an umbrella everywhere I go.
ORRRR when I try to be cute and wear my hair natural curly instead of in box braids they be like wow thats a mess…and im like nahhh y’all just don’t know fashion.
I feel I can’t dress the way I want unless I wanna be fitted as “oh u look black today” like lmao what I’m wearing regular clothes…
I feel since quarantine happened I have been able to be myself. and I like it <3

18 Likes

I would beat those bishes up

4 Likes

some people just simply disgust me

7 Likes

Exactly, I myself is Chinese American. My mother is scared to even step outside of our house because she’s afraid of what those racist ass people are capable of doing. Not just my mom, but many Chinese people out there are feeling the same, we shouldn’t live in fear because this.

9 Likes

:joy: :sob:
Ty
and trust me I stand up for myself but then it labels me as a “Violent black person” like that is a whole new race or sum.
to all the ppl who have done this stop stereotyping us it’s dumb and offensive!

5 Likes

I hate how ppl get famous for making memes or tiktoks ab this. Like how would u feel if someone made a joke ab your whole race/ethnicity.

3 Likes

That’s so rude, what!?!? Who says that!?!? Like I would never say that to someone. And curly/coily hair is beautiful, so these people are wrong anyways.

3 Likes

Like imagine doing this?!!!

6 Likes

That’s awful!!

4 Likes

i-

1 Like

Same. I’m half Chinese, and my mom is Chinese. My grandparents are in China, so we’re all worried for them.
And it’s not just Chinese people; it’s any Asian American unfortunately.

5 Likes

I’m sorry you had to go through that. People just love to pick on those who look “different” than the rest of them. But you are beautiful the way you are, don’t let others tell you otherwise.

1 Like

I can’t imagine how hard it is for you guys, people really need to grow up…

3 Likes

I don’t know how you can stay in the same school with those people, I wouldn’t be able to stand it

3 Likes

Exactly, and the fact that most racist ass people who make racist joke are white. I’m not even lying, majority of people who talks down to the Asian community are white. Then other race would join them but like… why are they trying to get approval from the white folks? Every race has to deal with racism, but the fact that people are throwing racist comments to other race is so low of them.

2 Likes

I’m moving to Georgia in a more diverse school next year.
Where I’ll finally get to be myself
I’ll move in the year of 2021.
So one more school year where I am and doneee

3 Likes

I hope everything goes well for you!!

1 Like

And when Trump called the virus the “Chinese virus”, it’s just like adding salt to the wound. It’s not helping the case and certainly that comment was not necessary.

4 Likes