Random but is biology hard-

sometimes i overthinkand like- plan my entire future while procrastinating and ive gained an interest in optometry (study of the eye, aka eye doctor)

anddd

ive been seriously considering it and ive learned that before you can attend optometry school you need at least 3/4 years majoring in bio, physics, or basic science (the career is about 10 years)

so i just wanna know- if its hard because yeah- i think ill probably suck

im in 8th grade so i haven’t taken bio yet

10 Likes

You still have time to decide :slight_smile: but even if it’s hard, one should always put their greatest effort :point_up:

Btw I took biology last year and it was ease and interesting and I liked it, but then I saw greys anatomy and now idk if I want to be a surgeon because of the show :sweat:

3 Likes

ok good :eyes: i usually get straight A’s in classes that I find interesting (apparently its scientifically proven or something idk)

plus you should go for it!! being a surgeon is a demanding career but very rewarding (good pay, chance of making someone lives better, saving someones life, etc…) :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

and yeah i just started watching like “optometry: week in my life as an optometry student” and got hooked :joy: (have like 20 in my yt history- :nail_care:) and its very demanding since its a long career but very successful (but u gotta study allot)

but im here for it :eyes:

2 Likes

Heheh yeah :sweat_smile: it’s in my list

1 Like

Keep exploring other professions as well:) in case you like something else :blush: I opened an eye last year :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and it was soooo satisfying :alien:

2 Likes

yes agreed!

I find biology fascinating. But there are so many sides to it. if you enjoy it, you’d be more inclined to do your work.

4 Likes

Well, I personally love biology. Yes, it can be hard as it is very broad but I loved it. I enjoyed reading it and I didn’t find it hard. My brother on the other hand is also doing biology in school and everyday he complains about how hard it is and how he’s scared he might fail it.
So I think it depends on what you like. If like learning about how the human body works, then go for it. You’ll find it interesting. If not, go for something else you’re more interested in.

2 Likes

how different is General Biology 1 from just Biology?? i’m in 11th grade

2 Likes

depends ig general bio and biology in college

1 Like

As a science student who’s currently in med-school, I suggest you to work hard for that if it’s your dream, it’ll be worth it.

But since you’re still in 8th grade, you have a lot of time to decide.

1 Like

i’ve been doing biology for about five years now and i think that it’s probably the easiest and most interesting science because it’s just theory but that’s just my opinion. not to mention the biology course that we do here is probably different to the one you do but it could be similar. i think you should try it if it’s something your interested in:)

2 Likes

Depends.
I only like lessons abt humans. :star2:
Like I dont wanna know how plants/animals reproduce :roll_eyes::raised_hand:t4:

2 Likes

lmfaoo

1 Like

I’m in 8th grade too. Bio is one of my fave subjects. It’s really interesting, but this year’s topics aren’t tho. But yea, it can be really difficult for some people. It really depends on your own interest. I prefer human bio over plant bio so I perform way better in that. Do they not teach bio in school in your country? Genuinely curious because we have 1 science textbook divided into the 3 categories (bio, physics, chem.) with different teachers.

2 Likes

no where i live we start bio in highschool

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.