Random rant: argument with dad

Don’t get me wrong. I never said you should apologize. I agreed with you, remember?

All I’m saying is, no matter what you do, there’s always a possibility of someone getting offended. You can’t please everyone.

I do agree with that statement, you can’t please everyone.

But the way she acted was out of line and immature of her to do that.

Everyone finds something offensive nowadays! I remember being told bah bah black sheep was racist and I literally said ‘it’s a nursery rhyme though why would that even be offensive I mean there are worse things!’
As long as you aren’t purposefully trying to offend people, it doesn’t matter!!

1 Like

It was definitely immature, you should just rise above it and ignore her!

Jeez, I never understand what is so racist about nursery rhymes.

But anyway, I don’t think she’ll ever put her foot at the gym I go to because I put my foot down.

I always put my foot down when someone tries to make me change my opinions and style because they can be so catty.

And that is exactly what everyone should do! It is such a shame not everyone seems to have this attitude and people end up letting people change them into people they aren’t!

1 Like

Tell me about it.

The problem with my dad is (and yes we can all agree with this statement) says to be myself but when I do, I get shit for it.

That is really annoying, I get it with my Mum sometimes and I just want to scream at her ‘Make up your mind, do you want me to do this or not?!?’

1 Like

Tell me about it.

I have these convos with most of my female friends and relatives saying that men should really stay out of women’s fashion.

Doesn’t help that when I was younger, my dad and brother wanted me to be boyish as they think that being traditionally feminine was a bad thing.

I don’t get why people are so involved! My Mum leaves me with my clothes to make my own choices and discover who I am on my own. My clothes represent me and my Mum respects that and as long as what I am wearing is appropriate for where I am going, she doesn’t care. Why people are so bothered about what you wear is beyond me!

1 Like

Same with my mother as she understands that I am too old to be told what to wear. She always tells dad off for making me masculine when I was younger. I find it scary that he still wants me to be masculine even though I refused to because I don’t want to be reminded of the days I was picked on for wearing boyish clothing.

I think you’re Dad should just respect what you wear but I know you can’t really make him so I’d just try and ignore it. My Dad always makes fun of me and my sister as we wear more revealing clothing sometimes like cropped tops, whereas my half-sister wears really baggy clothes like hoodies and baggy t-shirts. I just say that I wear what I want to and what I feel comfortable in and just ignore him

1 Like

True. He can’t expect me to be how he wants me to be as he usually compares me to the girls I used to go to school with just to make me feel shit about myself. Especially when they have been horrible to me in the past.

That’s not fair, you should never compare yourself or those you love to others! The only person someone should ever be compared to is themselves (if you know what I mean!)

1 Like

I’m going to sleep now anyway, but PM me if you want! I would love to be friends, if you want! :slight_smile:

Exactly. It’s not right of him to do that to his own child! It’s ironic because these girls were not very nice to me when I went to the same school with them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.