[RANT] Don't ask me for something you can make yourself

Yay more rants :woman_facepalming: Most of you know my art shop is completely dead. I haven’t gotten a single request in more than a week! It’s closing soon :sob: It just makes me sad that I put so much work into it and now it’s gone. But I’m going off topic- yesterday or the day before that I came across several art shops my customers have made! Is it a coincidence that they were making what they asked ME to make for THEM?! Some were even made before they requested. Why would you waste my time by asking me to make something you can make YOURSELF? :sob::sob::sob: I don’t want this to turn into what my old rants did, and I don’t want people to express their opinion in a rude and disrespectful way. Just try to be nice :slight_smile:

8 Likes

yeah i agree if you can do it yourself you should not ask for help

also a lot of people actually do not go to an artist thread they make a forum asking for art instead

I’d say middle because sometimes you’re just so swamped that you can’t do it yourself at the moment.

2 Likes

Middle. Here’s why :smile:

• The person who requested may be terrible at art and wants something better from someone awesome.

• The person may be so busy with requests, they may not have time to do something for themselves.

• They love your specific style.

There are probably more, but I’m sleepy and exhausted and can’t think very well rn :sleeping:

9 Likes

Well I do prefer make my own edits and I agreed until I really thought about it. Some of us are very busy, while we have the ability we just simply don’t have the time, also, they may find your art better than theirs. But if you’re not too busy and have time to do it yourself why even ask someone

• Most of the styles are WAY better than mine
  • Their art shops don’t seem busy at all
  • Maybe, but I doubt it
1 Like

:woman_shrugging:

Yup.

Yup.

:rage:

1 Like

Or they could be asking because they want to get a taste of each different style of art, and compare the two? Idk, its something I would do.

2 Likes

Thats a fair point because, they dont know whether you’re busy or not. But if they are starting a shop then it’s obvious that they could’ve done it themselves

Still wasting my time because what if they like their style better and don’t use mine? That’s actually what some people did. After a while they asked for something else somewhere else and replaced my work. Once again, wasting my time.

1 Like

Like I said, they could be comparing art styles and using them to improve their own. Something might be better than another thing, but that doesn’t mean they can take a tip from something else.

2 Likes

But if they don’t use it, it’s just not OK with me. I want people to actually use what I’ve worked so hard on instead of just comparing.

1 Like

I mean…idk, I’m in the middle because a lot of people can draw certain stuff, and then others draw other certain stuff better. Until you get better at something, I suppose having a drawing by another artist is just really cool shrugs

It could be the style, or perhaps…similar to me, people draw things really unbearably slowly ^^’ and have more faith that someone else could do something for them? Or while they have a drawing on the way, they can work with the other side of the project instead of taking however much longer to do both by themselves.

And if someone is willing to do some stuff for somebody, so they get asked, I mean that’s hardly the other person’s fault for asking and assuming that the artist would be okay with that ^^’ I mean, the artist can always say no, as well shrugs

6 Likes

Agreed.

Thank you my queen :relieved:

3 Likes

^^ I agree

2 Likes

Drawing? Why “drawing”? Everything you said was hard to understand because you used the word drawing. I have no idea how drawn things work or if it’s different with other things?

1 Like

Okay, yeah…I understand comparing two different styles and stuff, for real. I would get my feelings kinda hurt, too if I drew something for someone and they never used it T.T

I mean…do they at least thank you, though? I’d hope to get a thank you at the very least ^^’

Or like…

Are you not talking about…making art for others…? :flushed: Oh my God, I’m sorry ! T.T :see_no_evil:

2 Likes