React and Talk: Directing

Hey all! I was wondering if there was a way to get one character to talk and another character to react to what the first one said at the same time. Help will be greatly appreciated :two_hearts:

1 Like

Try:

@CHARACTER1 is ANIMATION AND CHARACTER2 is ANIMATION

This lets CHAR2 animate at the same time as CHAR1.

Or use the & at beginning if you’re going to add actual dialogue, or effect, etc.

2 Likes

&CHARACTER is talk_neutral AND CHARACTER2 is react_distgusted_shudder

2 Likes

Okay, thank you I will try. Do you have any tips for characters walking diagonally off the screen?

Thank you

1 Like

You’re welcome!

And for the diagonal walk you’d have to do spot directing and maybe rear walk as well.

2 Likes

I tried spot directing. I made sure the character is at the same height and size, but changed the position and my character keeps walking off diagonally.

1 Like

I’d recommend that you do not do ‘@/CHARACTER exits right’ instead place your character out of screen where you want them to go, copy the spot and write ‘walks to spot X Y in s.’

1 Like

It gives me an error.

1 Like

Can you show me a screenshot of the script?

1 Like

Highlighted area is what’s messing me up.

I used this directing for other characters and it gives me no trouble.

1 Like

Try to say @REMI enters from right and walks to spot z y in zone 2

1 Like

What’s the error??

There is no error warning in the screenshot you’ve shared. I had also tried the coding on my portal, and like you said about your previous scripts, it functions as it should with no issues.

1 Like

Do you mean that she walks off screen to the right?

1 Like

I had just changed it back to my original code and I don’t know then :woman_facepalming:

No she walks off to the left.

1 Like

Didn’t work.

On my portal, my character exited the screen to the right.

Can you describe the error…?

“In zone 2” makes her exit to the right, considering that’s where zone 2 is.

1 Like