📖 Read-4-Read (& Reviews) 📚

Hi! I come with two purposes:

1. I’m looking for new stuff to read.
  2. I’m promoting my story.

In the spirit of killing two birds with one stone, I’d love to start an R4R thread. I also do pretty good reviews, whether that’s an overall review, or a directed critique of writing, plot, characterisation, etc., or (my favourite) playing through your story while writing down my stream-of-consciousness thoughts about it.

I fangirl excellent writing and good directing and I will appreciate plot for dayyyyssss. I’m known to leave fanmail on stories that blow me away, just because I like to give others the happy glow inside.

I’d love to see some stories that are a little bit different. I love taking a chance on stories and being pleasantly surprised. I also LURVE action and horror genres: gimme gimme gimme!

Post me to your stories!! Tell me what makes them different. Is it the setting, the characters, the culture, the subject matter, the writing, the top-notch directing? I’ll do a read-review of your story if you want to R4R mine, but if I love your story enough I’ll happily devour it to the end no strings attached.

I’m especially eager to hear from small authors because I know how hard it is to be seen on Episode. Small being under 500 reads.

My story can be found here:

It’s called What’s Your Emergency?, by Sathael. We’re following an anti-romantic human train-wreck and 999 call operator who hates that one cocky police officer on her team. But 999 emergencies have a funny way of changing your world.

Let me know if you want me to R4R review your story, and tag me when you’ve slogged through three of my chapters so I know to review you! If you also have a preference of what type of critique you want, just mention!

I can also do longer read-for-reads on request. Five chapters for five chapters, ten for ten, that sort of thing.

So, let me know the following things:

1. Are you a small author, or your story particularly different?
2. Do you want a read-for-read only or read-for-read-review?
3. How many chapters do you want to R4R? Three is standard. I’ll happily do longer if you do mine.
4. If you want a review, is there a certain aspect of it you want me to focus on? Writing? Directing? Overall? Stream-of-consciousness? (Please note it may take me longer to do the reviews than just R4Rs alone.)
5. Post me to screenshots so I know when to start reading yours!

Screenshots Not Yet Received:

Summary

TamiRose - Lost Summer Love
agirlsbetterstories - Negligent
remone - Hannah Miller’s Mystery
mila.episode - Remember Me
lisa-episode - The Doctor
MariannaEscalante - Miss Understood

Screenshots Received:

Summary

Stories & Reviews Sent:

Summary

Reenababee - Rise of Uthutia
SarcasticGenie - Secrets
SilverLady - Eternal Oblivion

9 Likes

I’m 100% interested in this! I’ll gladly R4R and start right now. I’d love any sort of review as I love getting feedback on what could be done better and what is enjoyable. You don’t learn without constructive critiscm.

I think my story is interesting because it follows the MC through learning about her Kingdom and the surrounding Kingdoms in a unique way, as well as the Princes in each Kingdom because they become useful to you later on. It’s not a generalized romance but there is romance in it of course. But my story offers up a tale of a coming into your own, as you start as a Princess awaiting her Coronation and then you lose it all to an evil man and have to make important decisions as those decisions help you gain or lose allies along the way. It ends up being a coming into your own kind of plot. Changing who you are as you adapt and overcome. I find my story keeps you on your toes and offers up beautiful backgrounds along with advanced directing and artwork I created myself.

Please let me know if you’re interested.

Rise of Uthutia
Episodes: 4 (on going)
Style: Limelight
Genre: Fantasy / Action / some Romance
Description: You are the first woman born into the Cedalon family in hundreds of years, because of the Raebezia contract and regulations you must take a Prince in order to ascend to the throne. But upon your Coronation day, your world is turned upside down as your kingdom is overthrown. You must make determinative decisions in order to gain or lose allies as you fight to take back Uthutia. Do you have what it takes?
CC / CC of Love Interest / Choices Matter / Mini-Games / Art Scenes

episodeinteractive.com

The Best Stories Are Worth Sharing: The Rise of Uthutia

Checkout this story, on the Episode App! If you like it, support the story by passing it along

2 Likes

Hi, I can do a r4r with you if you’d like.

Lost Summer Love

Crazy love. Wacky friends. Unnecessary drama. How will Evan and Sierra make it through this crazy thing called, life

2 Likes

I also took the liberty of starting your story.

1 Like

I love the idea behind this thread and I’d love to do a R4R review with you. I’ve got eight chapters myself, so I wouldn’t mind reading eight for eight. I’m up for whatever type of review you want to give me, dealer’s choice. Whatever type you prefer is fine with me. I’m a small author so I’m always looking for ways to get my story out there. As to what makes my story different, I’d say it’s the underlying subject matter. At it’s core it’s a thought experiment about the consequences of immortality and the effect that would have on a person, both physically and emotionally, as well as the people around them. I haven’t seen too many stories try to tackle that before. Please let me know if you’re interested and I’ll begin reading right away.

Title: Eternal Oblivion
Author: Silver Lady
Genre: Fantasy primarily with some mystery, action, drama, romance, and just a hint of historical fiction thrown in from time to time (more so in later chapters).
Style: Limelight
Number of Episodes: Eight currently, more on the way.
CC: Kinda. You can’t customize the main three characters (for story reasons), but there is a character for you to customize starting with chapter five. You won’t see much of her to start, but she becomes more important later in the plot.
Description: Something ancient plots unseen in the darkness, and Amara must quickly uncover the mystery surrounding it. Otherwise, all will be lost.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6355100663873536
Cover:

1 Like

EPISODE NINE IS PUBLISHED!! PLEASE GO READ !!

This is NOT your typical mob story. Give it a chance!

Author: Carlita Bregante
Genre: Action/Drama
Episodes: 9 (more to come)
Description: Bad girl Nadine has it all figured out. That’s until, she ends up in the clutches of the sexy but"treacherous"Nico, who harbors a dangerous secret. Will she choose to run or stay?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6590375344275456

FOLLOW ME FOR MORE UPDATES!!!
Instagram: @carlitab.episode

2 Likes

Title : Hannah Miler’s Mystery
Author: Remone
Story genre :Mystery
Story style :lime light
Description: Hannah Miler was brutally killed in the woods.Will Ser be able to solve the mystery of Hannah miler’s death and will able to find the killer ?.And how is Ser related to Hannah.(CC)

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6311583539331072

1 Like

Hi guys, thank you all for the replies! Sorry I’ve not been online all week, I’ve been at court (for work- not because I’m naughty!) but I’m back now! :blue_heart: I will get to reading stories and writing up reviews starting tonight!

Of course I’m interested! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And an eight-for-eight sounds cool! Let me know when to start reading!

Kk, I’ll post a SS as soon as I’m through. :grin: Were you looking for feedback as well?

I’m not requesting any, but if you feel like giving feedback I’ll gratefully take it on board! :blue_heart:

All righty. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Reenababee I’ve PMed you your review and screenshots! :blue_heart:

Hey, I would love to do the R4R with a review for three of my episodes; I write reviews as well so would you like me to review yours as well? My story is quite new and therefore has less than 100 reads at the moment, so I would like to know how to improve it. It is slightly different from other mystery stories because your character learns she has the ability to see ghosts and uses this gift to help her solve the mysteries hidden inside the college. For the review, I would appreciate it if you could give me an all-rounded review on pretty much everything; stuff that you personally didn’t like, parts you loved. Thank you so much for this opportunity, I will send you screenshots ASAP!

This is my story:
Title: Secrets
Author: SarcasticGenie
Genre: Mystery
Description: When there is a murder at your college, you decide to try to get to the bottom of the mystery gaining an eye witness the police don’t have: the victim. (CC) Choices matter!
Cover:

1 Like

Here ya go! :grin:

Hey there! Thank you for making this thread! Especially for small authors! I am interested in doing an R4R. My story has 7 chapters, so I will probably read the same amount or close to that amount. I’m fine with just an R4R, but if you want to share your thoughts about my story, I say go for it!

I will start your story tonight and send you screenshots. Thanks again!

Title: Remember Me
Number of Episodes : 7
Description: When Dean bumps into his first love, she doesn’t remember who he is. Through a series of misunderstandings, flashbacks, and heartbreak, will Dean hold on or forget her too?

Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4695845464571904
IG: mila.episodes

1 Like

Oh, thanks for this thread! I’d love a read-4-read-review! Please tell me if you’re interested and I’ll read 3 episodes of yours!

New, small author. 10 reads … Worked hard with this episode, I’m happy with it. Releasing 2 more episodes any day now!

It’s a romantic story, it is. But the difference is that the reader gets to see a lot of the male character’s thoughts. Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6097667678339072

Sent off reviews to Reenababee, SarcasticGenie, and SilverLady.

@lisa-episode , I’m always wanting to read new stories, if you’re still interested a read-review! :blue_heart:

@TamiRose, @agirlsbetterstories , @remone, @mila.episodes: if you’re still interested in doing a read-for-read and getting a review, let me know!

3 Likes

Sure, I’ll start yours today and send SS

1 Like

I love this idea! I’ll get started on your story later this evening.

Oops, forgot to include my story details! Here they are:

**Title: ** Miss Understood
Author: Marianna Escalante
Chapters: 4, ongoing
Style: LL
Genre: Comedy
Description: Emilianna has always believed that the world revolved around her, until she begins working with children who are more spoiled and entitled than she is.
Features: CC, points system, mini-games.

1 Like