Bump <3

2 Likes

Bump :metal2:

2 Likes

Bump

2 Likes

Bump!

2 Likes

And also please LISTEN to your readers when they tell you about errors and don’t just ignore them. There’s this one story i’ve been reading for under half a year (it’s still ongoing) and the author said there’s full customizaion but some features are missing (and unluckily for me the ones that are missing are the only ones I like and will use for my MC) so for the past couple of months i’ve probably contacted the author on IG 10+ times letting her know in detail what’s missing and showing her what the features that are missing look like to help her and everytime a new chapter is released (around 10 new chapters have been released since I started reading it) i’ll rush to read it obviously because I really like the story but also happy that maybe now the missing cc features will be there (without those features I don’t like how the MC looks so it bugs me haha) but nope all 10 times the author ignored me/ignored other readers who brought it to her attention and for whatever reason refuses to add the missing features. And honestly everytime I read a new chapter and see that the author didn’t listen I feel like it’s a slap in the face. Now had she actually responded to us and said “I don’t like those features or I don’t feel like adding them etc whatever her reason is” i’d understand more but for her to not only not fix the errors but to also ignore her readers kinda hurts. I really love this story but it’s so hard for me to fully get into it since I don’t like how the MC looks since the only features i’ll use are missing and the author won’t add them. In the recent chapters there’s also been technically issues that haven’t been fixed. Also I wanna add that while she has around 100k reads on her story her following on IG is really small I looked real quick and on average she only gets 20-60 likes/comments in total on her posts so she’s not so popular on there to where she can’t go on there and read what her fans are saying- I’ve left comments, i’ve tagged her and i’ve even DM’d her on there but nothing and it’s not sending a good message :grimacing:

1 Like

That’s nice of you to DM them stating they don’t have full features when they state they do. But maybe they don’t want to add some features? In that case, they shouldn’t say they have all the features.

The thing is writers don’t really need to give us readers a reason for not having full cc. In general, they don’t need to respond to us for not including something as it is up to the them (the writer), whatever makes them happy.

I understand this but at the end of the day it’s up to writer to include full cc (although they shouldn’t advertise they have full cc) and it’s up to reader on whether to continue reading out of enjoyment or to move on because their MC is not appealing to them.

In my opinion, I think it’s best to leave her alone and let her do her own thing but if you see any grammar or really bad directing issues, can let her know. Sometimes people don’t listen so we move on. You don’t want to be too persistent with that author because it could irritate them and they most likely have other things going on in life :heart:

I don’t consider not having full cc an error but i do agree it’s important to listen to your readers. But as a writer you don’t have to respond to each request (silence usually means it won’t happen) but it’s important to consider what they say even if no response is given. I don’t know the full story so I can’t say much but in my opinion it’s best to move on. If they want to update with full cc they can but if they don’t then they won’t.

1 Like