Reading as Male MCs

I totally agree. I mean, all the stories I’ve read have female main characters. I think a lot of authors are female or something and they feel more comfortable having the MC as a female lol.

2 Likes

The interview by @Hazeo will have a male MC! it’s not out yet but keep an eye out for it :star_struck:

4 Likes

Having a male MC is good. I’ll read stories with male MC too. The story i’m writing now, readers are able to choose the MC gender…

2 Likes

I kind of like having a female MC, but in my own story the MC girl will appear as much as the MC guy.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve noticed that, which I understand. I’m not against female MCs, it just feels like all I find :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh! Thankyou so much!! I’m going to keep an eye out for the story!

1 Like

Exactly!

1 Like

That’s a really good idea! Having the option I love it

Hi! i think it’s mainly because the app is monopolized by woman who probably feel more comfortable writing from a woman’s point of view because is closer to home.
I don’t think i would be against reading a the POV of a male MC, i think it’s a great idea x

Pd. in my story the MC & the LI kind of share the protagonism so sometimes i write on a male pov, and i really wouldn’t know how to write in only one pov i always switch between them.

3 Likes

Yeah that makes sense, I guess I wonder if that’s the case if anyone would be interested in reading from male perspective. If it would still have the same enjoyableness for most readers.

I love the idea of switching between them both! I always tangle myself too much doing two different POVs lol!

Here’s a list of Male MC stories

2 Likes

You can also search up male MC in the search bar of the app

One of my favourites is Marry, Kiss, Kill

1 Like

Oh my god thankyou so much for this !

I’m in the process of writing my first story with a black male mc, and I did that primarily because of the dominant presence of female Mcs.

1 Like

I actually prefer well-written male MCs compared to female, perhaps because they are more refreshing to read and are generally more relatable to me than most female MCs on Episode. I’ve also noticed that realistic male MCs tend to be difficult to write for female authors, hence why they are rare. Needless to say, I’ve ran into a couple stories with male MCs who aren’t as realistic as I expected them to be (as if I was playing as a typical female MC in a male’s body) and that’s one of my biggest pet peeves lol.

Shameless promotion If you’re interested, you can check out my story with a male MC :blush:

Title: Blackbird
Author: Licorice
Genre: Action
Summary: Being her personal assistant isn’t the only thing Chase’s new boss has in mind for him. Secrets of the underworld begin to unveil, and not everything is exactly as it seems. (Male & female MC, point system, impactful choices)
Style: Limelight
Episodes: 8 (more coming soon)

Link: https://bit.ly/365yrLB
Instagram: @licorice.ep

2 Likes

I look forward to seeing it when it’s done! You should send it through to me :blush:

1 Like

That’s how I feel!
That makes sense though, I’ve always found the opposite, finding male mcs easier to write than females for some reason :sweat_smile:

Pleasr yes! I love the shameless self promo I’m absolutely going to give a read!

1 Like

Hi! My story has a male MC!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.