Really weird issue I’ve never seen

So I came back to work on my story, and I review it on the app but I noticed something really weird. My overlays begin a really white colour then they fade in to the original colour. For example, my moon background with a white glowing overlay is supposed to look like this:

But when I review the story on the app, and when the white overlay fades in, it starts off really bright, making it look like this:

Another example is when I fade in a question mark overlay, like this:

But again, when I review it on the app, it ends up fading in and starting really bright:

The overlays are basically fading in from a really bright white colour and I haven’t coded anything like that in my script. This just started happening randomly, I haven’t even touched my script in such a long time and I just decided to review it today.

I checked to see if I did anything to the colours or hues or brightness, but everything is defaulted and normal.

Also, the overlays are now acting weirdly and flashing randomly and not fading in properly, and sometimes just appearing straight away.

I don’t know why this is happening, everything was normal until I opened my script today.

1 Like

You probably put the brightness way too high?

1 Like

UPDATE:

I went to go check my old story that I haven’t even touched in about 2 years that has the same moon glowing mechanism and it is ALSO doing that bright white thing. How tf is that possible when I haven’t even touched the stupid overlays in 2 years?

Is there something wrong with the overlays themselves? Since they have been great in the past but I check the stories now and they’re all messed up :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Nope, the brightness is zero.

1 Like

I checked a story I haven’t edited in 2 years and it’s doing the same thing.

1 Like

I told you I haven’t even touched any settings or things that would change the lighting or the way the overlays look. I just checked the story on the app and it’s messed up.

1 Like

But they’d probably just tell me to check the brightness or turn my phone off and back on, and I can’t wait a week for that :tired_face: I know I’m being harsh but this is so annoying, I haven’t even touched the bloody thing.

1 Like

I sent them one now, but ugh this is so annoying.

I’ll keep this topic open just in case someone has a solution.

1 Like

it beceause of that update some overlays are changing colors

1 Like

Do you know any way to resolve it or do I have to submit a ticket?

1 Like

no i Don’t sadly ;-; , try submiting a ticket

2 Likes

Everyone’s been told to sent a ticket. From what I’ve seen, 50% of people are told that their account needs to be reset as it’s an individual issue and the other 50% either get a generic response of “this is a known issue and we’re looking into it” or they don’t get a reply at all. From what I’m told though, the former 50% of people who get their account reset, actually do get it fixed when they do that

2 Likes

Do my stories and progress get reset as well? Would anything I have worked on have to be erased?

YOUR overlays are possessed and you need to call the episode preacher to help you

1 Like

:sob::skull::skull:

1 Like

People who have done it haven’t said anything about that

Oh no

1 Like

@Sydney_H The issue has been resolved! Could you close this? Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: