Rear animation glitch

I am having issues with rear animations after a character performs a walking action. The characters ignore the command and turn back around. This is happening in a story I published a while ago and everything ran fine then.

I filed a support ticket and they saw nothing wrong in the app previewer. I tried rewriting the codes, giving them different commands then switching back to rear, erasing the lines entirely and rewriting them, nothing.

And it happens with random lines. Other times characters perform the action fine.

This is really frustrating. Is anyone experiencing this or know what to do?

1 Like

can you send a screenshot of the script

1 Like

INT. POLISHED LIVING ROOM - NIGHT with TEAR to 0 87 321 in zone 2 at layer 2
@RAKIATU changes mouthColor into Sable
&RAKIATU spot 0.665 165 254 in zone 2 AND RAKIATU is rear AND RAKIATU faces right
&IROM spot .665 -39 254 in zone 2 AND IROM faces right AND IROM is listen
&JUNKO spot .665 225 254 in zone 2 AND JUNKO faces left AND JUNKO is think
@zoom on 378 307 to 314% in 0
@cut to zone 2
&zoom on 378 307 to 229% in 3
&RAKIATU walks to spot .665 116 254 in 3 AND RAKIATU does it while rear AND RAKIATU faces right THEN RAKIATU faces right AND RAKIATU is rear
NARRATOR (LEADER)
The power of the moon is for anyone open to receiving it.
Even those who don’t believe they are worthy.

try this, let me know if it works or if it doesn’t.

INT. POLISHED LIVING ROOM - NIGHT with TEAR to 0 87 321 in zone 2 at layer 2
@RAKIATU changes mouthColor into Sable
&RAKIATU spot 0.665 165 254 in zone 2 AND RAKIATU is rear AND RAKIATU faces right
&IROM spot .665 -39 254 in zone 2 AND IROM faces right AND IROM is listen
&JUNKO spot .665 225 254 in zone 2 AND JUNKO faces left AND JUNKO is think
@zoom on 378 307 to 314% in 0
@cut to zone 2
&zoom on 378 307 to 229% in 3
@RAKIATU walks to spot .665 116 254 in 3 AND RAKIATU does it while rear AND RAKIATU faces right THEN RAKIATU faces right AND RAKIATU is rear
NARRATOR (LEADER)
The power of the moon is for anyone open to receiving it.
Even those who don’t believe they are worthy.

1 Like

I managed to get it to work. I put the walking animation on the same line as the spot placement, but thank you <3

1 Like

Hello @writingwithwings, this is Sydney the Moderator.

This topic has been moved from Writer’s Portal Bug to Directing Helps and Tips as it involves coding/scripting. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

Thanks for reading and have a good day :sunglasses: